Shark attack in Adelaide

Shark attack in Adelaide

Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shark attack in Adelaide

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...787207370.html

:scared:
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:27 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shark attack in Adelaide

OMG,That sounds horrific.

Donna.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:32 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by madsad
OMG,That sounds horrific.

Donna.
If you go in the ocean, its like crossing the road !

respect it and look where u are going and hopefully u will make it across ...

never know though ...
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

There was a fella mauled to death by a shark, off Cairns this week, bit his leg and he bled to death before they could reach Cairns Base, obviously doesn't make the news and an increased amount of sharks found / caught in local waters too.

Local lad also got mauled by a croc at Lake Tinaroo this week (just washin' his face in the water and...SNAP!!!!!)

Seems we have the lot here :- sharks, crocs and stingers, not big news tho', 'cos it's regional....
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:26 am
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej

This is the reason i dont go in the sea, ever. Yes i know the chances of an attack are remote but they are there, if we were meant to swim in the sea we would have webbed feet, and also would a great white shark be welcome in your house? no, well stay out of his then.

Mr Madsad
Old Dec 16th 2004, 12:51 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
You can imagine the panic I was in when the news started to dribble through. My son was out cray fishing with his pals about the same time. Different place, granted, but when the news of a shark attack anywhere dribbles through you kinda shit yourself.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:10 pm
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ghostface
This is the reason i dont go in the sea, ever. Yes i know the chances of an attack are remote but they are there, if we were meant to swim in the sea we would have webbed feet, and also would a great white shark be welcome in your house? no, well stay out of his then.

Mr Madsad
I agree . It's their domain! However, when it's 35 degrees, then it's tempting - might just make it a paddle now!

2 great whites at once?! :scared: I reckon this is Jaws 28 material...where's that Speilberg chap? Close the beaches! That's what I reckon! - we need some serious action here.

My advice here is - BUY A POOL IN YOUR BACK YARD
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:26 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
I agree . It's their domain! However, when it's 35 degrees, then it's tempting - might just make it a paddle now!

2 great whites at once?! :scared: I reckon this is Jaws 28 material...where's that Speilberg chap? Close the beaches! That's what I reckon! - we need some serious action here.

My advice here is - BUY A POOL IN YOUR BACK YARD
You'd need a big pool to go catching cray fish
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Mr Madsad
Bullseye!

I might HAVE to have a paddle though, all British-like with me knotted hankerchief and rolled-up trouser legs
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:38 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Mr Madsad
chicken
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:40 pm
you lookin at me?

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Bullseye!

I might HAVE to have a paddle though, all British-like with me knotted hankerchief and rolled-up trouser legs
i have an inbuilt thing where if any part of my body touches sea water the theme tune from Jaws starts playing in my head. My kids are young and will be raised on the coast and the chances are they will swim in the sea, i am not even comfortable with that to be honest, but how can you stop them?

While my fear of sharks is immense i cannot stop myself watching TV programmes about them, totally fascinating creatures.

MR MADSAD.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:42 pm
you lookin at me?

Originally Posted by walla1
chicken
Too fu**in right mate and not in the least bit scared to admit it
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:43 pm
you lookin at me?

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Bullseye!

Mate, where are you heading & when? would have PM'ed you but your PM thing is turned off?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

i have an inbuilt thing where if any part of my body touches sea water the theme tune from Jaws starts playing in my head. My kids are young and will be raised on the coast and the chances are they will swim in the sea, i am not even comfortable with that to be honest, but how can you stop them?

While my fear of sharks is immense i cannot stop myself watching TV programmes about them, totally fascinating creatures.

MR MADSAD.
Can't beat nature at it's finest!

I understand your fears but I'd rather have my kid paddling in the sea than driving around the M25 to get to Woking every day.

I guess all you can do is educate and warn them of the dangers of prolonged exposure to hazardous environments.
And do the same when they try to paddle too
Old Dec 16th 2004, 1:45 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Mate, where are you heading & when? would have PM'ed you but your PM thing is turned off?
I refuse to have spent all this time and effort to get there and i'll be blowed if im not going to enjoy every moment, hence i am going to swim and surf !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.