Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shameless plug for our new venture.

Shameless plug for our new venture.

Old May 6th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Shameless plug for our new venture.

Well, everyone else does it so I will too! After months of nagging by my husband we have jumped onto the property investment bandwagon and bought a 4x2 in Butler which are are going to rent out as furnished accommodation to all you lovely peeps out there. Considering I am still on maternity leave and only going back 2 days a week, now was probably not the best time, but what the heck - it's like buying new clothes when you're skint - much more fun!

If you want any more info send me a pm or email and as an opening offer, any bookings through Expats will receive a bottle of bubbly to smash open when they arrive

We also have the backing of the wonderful team at www.movetoperth.com and they have it displayed on their website.

Thanks for reading
Diane
Old May 6th 2005, 6:23 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shameless plug for our new venture.

Good luck with it Diane
Old May 6th 2005, 6:29 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Yeah good luck Diane Keep reminding the masses on here. We`re staying with family ourselves, sorry, but I`m sure someone here will take you up on it soon.
Old May 6th 2005, 6:32 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Just to show what lovely people we are here's the link direct to mrs oz's home from home! http://www.movetoperth.com/rental/pembury_way/main.html

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 7:10 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I think short term rentals are a great idea, but why are they always so large & expensive?

There must be a market in one bed places, that would do us for the short term until we got sorted....
Old May 6th 2005, 7:38 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Just to show what lovely people we are here's the link direct to mrs oz's home from home! http://www.movetoperth.com/rental/pembury_way/main.html
Site has really improved Lynn!!

Excellent resource on the median house prices around Perth. You should really expand that as it`s a great idea.... maybe even make it a seperate site and get some advertising on it.
http://www.movetoperth.com/info/subu...owserlong.html

Merriwa looks GREAT for the price. I wanna live there NOW!! One thing I`d like to know is how far to the train stations (ie drive or walk). EDIT: oops, I see it. BRILLIANT!!

Last edited by Stormz; May 6th 2005 at 7:42 am.
Old May 6th 2005, 7:39 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is Bridie, that most small apartments are in city areas so therefor the rent on them is almost as high as a 4x2 in the suburbs. There are a few areas out of the city where you will find 1 or 2 bed units which are less expensive but they tend to be quite grotty. I viewed several a few weeks back but would'nt put them on the site as they were all well below an acceptable standard. What you have to compare the cost to is what it would cost to stay in an apartment complex or a hotel. You will struggle to find an apartment complex quoting under $100 per night for a 1 bed, if you find a cheaper hotel you don't have kitchen facilities so it costs you more to eat.

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 7:48 am
Superfreak!!

Bellevue has the cheapest housing on your list ($152000)... what`s wrong with it?
Old May 6th 2005, 8:11 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by Stormz
Bellevue has the cheapest housing on your list ($152000)... what`s wrong with it?
The low median price comes from the fact that most homes are 3x1's, when you look at the average 4x2 price its $250k.

As for Belleview itself, well.... its way inland and an older suburb, most properties would probably need renovating, whereas with merriwa if you look in the new "seagrove" estate, there are some lovely new homes. Another area worth a look is Ridgewood!

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 8:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bridiej
I think short term rentals are a great idea, but why are they always so large & expensive?

There must be a market in one bed places, that would do us for the short term until we got sorted....
Short term furnished will normally be about double the going rate for the same place unfurnished.

I did some costings on this once, and by working on an average of 3 week lettings, non rented periods, cleaning in between lets and providing initial food etc to each tenant, I worked out that the return to the owner, from a $600pw furnished let would be about the same as a $300pw unfurnished long term let.

The reason they are normally so large is to cater for familes, who would tend to be the main renters.

There are a few 2 bed places in our area, but not that much cheaper than the 3/4 bed places.

Old May 6th 2005, 11:15 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good luck diane!!
house looks beautiful btw!

sue
Old May 6th 2005, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bridiej

There are loads of rentals advertised in different locations which are smaller than the 4x2.
They are not all grotty. If you think in terms of furnished and short term, then that will limit your choice. Buy a few cheap must have stuff to see you through and take an unfurnished place.
For a family, then Diane's place looks good.
Old May 6th 2005, 5:13 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zebra4
There are loads of rentals advertised in different locations which are smaller than the 4x2.
They are not all grotty. If you think in terms of furnished and short term, then that will limit your choice. Buy a few cheap must have stuff to see you through and take an unfurnished place.
For a family, then Diane's place looks good.
I was thinking more of for the first few weeks until we get a rental sorted, as cant see how we can sort something from this end particularly with two cats...
guess it will have to be a hostel for a while...
Old May 6th 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DianeOZ
Well, everyone else does it so I will too! After months of nagging by my husband we have jumped onto the property investment bandwagon and bought a 4x2 in Butler which are are going to rent out as furnished accommodation to all you lovely peeps out there. Considering I am still on maternity leave and only going back 2 days a week, now was probably not the best time, but what the heck - it's like buying new clothes when you're skint - much more fun!

If you want any more info send me a pm or email and as an opening offer, any bookings through Expats will receive a bottle of bubbly to smash open when they arrive

We also have the backing of the wonderful team at www.movetoperth.com and they have it displayed on their website.

Thanks for reading
Diane
Good luck Diane

We're hoping to buy an investment property when(if!) we get to Adelaide - instead of both of us working (hopefully!).

All the best.

Karen & Co xx
Old May 7th 2005, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Thanks for all your good wishes

Diane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.