Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shame on you Australia

Shame on you Australia

Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:37 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shame on you Australia

Originally Posted by POW148
Every family in Australia is a migrant, some just got an earlier boat.

Barney
yea ok .The real issue is white man law in a black mans country . Ask any aboriginal about the idea of owning land and they see the idea as ridiculous . If whte man hadnt brought their laws inregards to land ownership and taken the land for them selves and left aboriginals to live how they wanted ,like they had done for thousands of years then things would have been diffrent.
But NO white man took all like he usually does , enslaved the aboriginals treated them worse than dogs ,hunted them for fun , wiped them out in place totally . All for what ? LAND .
They give them voting rights only just in the 1960s like they are doing them a favour . Lets face it if you ,your family your people were treated so badly would you react in any differnt way than they are now , to be honest i think australia is very lucky to have got away with race wars in some of the poorer areas of the cities of Australia .

Last edited by king kong; Oct 8th 2009 at 7:45 am.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
ermmmm it was all their land . So effectively the government has done nothing. im happy as a house owner [for now] to pay a certain amount of rent to aboriginal groups for the land i occupy
didnt they lead a more nomadic lifestyle and didnt beleive in land ownership?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
Thats right, they believe the land owns them - a much healthier point of view than what we have.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:57 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
yes correct , but why should law prevent them from camping in your back garden . like they most likey did quiet peacefully untill white man said ''you cant do that pal ''.
Aboriginal elders and the educated ones amongst them are playing the white man at his own game , this is what mainstream australians dont like . They hate to think they owe to the aboriginals for the rapes , the murders , the removal of children , the genocide in places , the destruction of the most ancient culture on the planet . White man owes for sure ,he just doesnt want to pay or he doesnnt know how to and the word SORRY just dont cut it .
Unfortunately with the anglo -saxon notion of the british isles once introduced and forced up a people that just cannot and will not fathom such an idea as owning land , there was bound to be repercussions . its happened in the states and canada too .

Last edited by king kong; Oct 8th 2009 at 8:00 am.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:57 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I just read they did actually have a land ownership system but it was widely ignored.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:02 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Thats right, they believe the land owns them - a much healthier point of view than what we have.
It is , a lot of wars have been fought over bits of land , from the neighbourhood disputes on fence lines to major wars . Unfortunately we are forced to live in such a society as it seems to be the modern way .
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:06 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Aboriginal elders and the educated ones amongst them are playing the white man at his own game , this is what mainstream australians dont like . They hate to think they owe to the aboriginals for the rapes , the murders , the removal of children , the genocide in places , the destruction of the most ancient culture on the planet . White man owes for sure ,he just doesnt want to pay or he doesnnt know how to and the word SORRY just dont cut it .
Who is mainstream Australia please see my earlier post on this thread you cant just piont a general finger at mythical group of people "Australians" these are all people with no direct connection to the events you mentioned.

I'm a white man and I got here last November why by the above rational should I pay extra tax for aborginal issues? Or feel any shame
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
Who is mainstream Australia please see my earlier post on this thread you cant just piont a general finger at mythical group of people "Australians" these are all people with no direct connection to the events you mentioned.

I'm a white man and I got here last November why by the above rational should I pay extra tax for aborginal issues? Or feel any shame

It wasnt too long ago that the aborigines and single mothers were the scum of the earth according to talkback radio. Now international issues and the war have taken over.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:16 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Originally Posted by Zambia

Guilt of genocide doesnt just wash away once the generation that was responsible has died . You being white wether you like it or not are part of a repressive system that has an inbuilt idea of itself it is superior to other ways of life .
I think you are taking it too personal , ofcourse i or others couldnt specifically blame you but you cant deny the white race was the perpetrator in the agression and this you are part of .
When it gets down to street level and you are picked on by 5-6 aboriginal lads the one of the first things they will say is ''f--k off back to where you come from white trash'' .
Sins of the fathers come to mind thats all i can say , its a hard one to get around and to be honest after 20 years here with a few run in with aboriginals ,i honsestly dont see how it can be resolved and even being underlyingly sympathetic to their plight doesnt prevent me from being onn the wrong end of a floggin and being called ''white trash '' .
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Guilt of genocide doesnt just wash away once the generation that was responsible has died . You being white wether you like it or not are part of a repressive system that has an inbuilt idea of itself it is superior to other ways of life .
I think you are taking it too personal , ofcourse i or others couldnt specifically blame you but you cant deny the white race was the perpetrator in the agression and this you are part of .
When it gets down to street level and you are picked on by 5-6 aboriginal lads the one of the first things they will say is ''f--k off back to where you come from white trash'' .
Sins of the fathers come to mind thats all i can say , its a hard one to get around and to be honest after 20 years here with a few run in with aboriginals ,i honsestly dont see how it can be resolved and even being underlyingly sympathetic to their plight doesnt prevent me from being onn the wrong end of a floggin and being called ''white trash '' .
You are the sort of person who actually inflames racial hatred. If more people are like you it will cause actual political movements in the country that will strip more rights away from Aborigines. I can tell you right now if your crazy notions of letting Aborigines camp in your backyard and so on ever was publicly endorsed by someone like you it would cause the election of 1000 Pauline Hansons on steriods. Aborigines would lose their rights forever thanks to your hatred.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:31 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
You are the sort of person who actually inflames racial hatred. If more people are like you it will cause actual political movements in the country that will strip more rights away from Aborigines. I can tell you right now if your crazy notions of letting Aborigines camp in your backyard and so on ever was publicly endorsed by someone like you it would cause the election of 1000 Pauline Hansons on steriods. Aborigines would lose their rights forever thanks to your hatred.
your off yer head , hatred . you smell of it . you just cant face the fact of history .Whats your solution feed the aboriginals cyanide tablets , typical anglo attitude .It doesnt say much for australian society if you think it could raise a 1000 pauline hansons does it ?

Last edited by king kong; Oct 8th 2009 at 9:47 am.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Just wondering what those who empathise so badly are actually doing about this situation? Volunteer work? Probably not
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:20 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
Just wondering what those who empathise so badly are actually doing about this situation? Volunteer work? Probably not
Good point. Words don't solve much. Anybody got any leads on efforts that actually help out? I'd be interested.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:22 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
not many , i know im not . But a good idea nevertheless
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Have to admit, Im not sure of any charity orgs that deal with aboriginals directly..........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.