Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shame on you Australia

Shame on you Australia

Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shame on you Australia

Originally Posted by paddyo
Methinks apathy is the word here, its not that Ozzies don't care, but simply that its been going on so long that it has lost its 'cause appeal'.

Look, I am very flippant about things and have been so on here, but, I do agree with some posters that help has to start from within and also that help from outside has to be more than money. But, getting back to the OP, aboriginal people 'think' differently to non indigenous people so therefore the mindset and comprehension is different. Thats not a criticism, not a racist remark, but a well agreed understanding. There will be some elders within the Indigenous community who are disgusted with their alcoholic counterparts but, their nomadic lifestyle does not care about outside concerns or views, what happens in the tribe stays in the tribe.
I still think aussies are bad losers though!!!
The 'cause appeal' ebbs and flows. No football team can be 100% committed every week no matter how much the coach wants it. But it has maintained its place in national debate for many decades of my life with the intensity reaching just as high peaks recently as years ago - higher even.

It's an insult to the 200,000+ people who marched over the Sydney Harbour bridge for reconciliation or to the tears a lot of us cried when the apology was given.

Even if every one of us jumped up and down tomorrow and made the headlines of every paper in the world the problem would still be there. Size of the problem does not always directly correlate to the size of the concern. Lets hope one of our immigrants brings a solution with them....that would show their true concern.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Sydney is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. I'm surprised you chose Asian as your example for Brisbane as this is the one ethnic group that has always had a large population in Brisbane and has expanded enormously in the last 10 years to the point where some bus routes are now, I would guess, 75%+ people of an Asian background. Did you leave in 1976?

You guess??? Maybe thats because Asians are not paid as much as their australian counterparts and thus can only afford public transport. 1-0

Hang around here and you'll see poor losing, poor winning and everything in between exhibited by all nationalities. No-one wants to believe they're guilty of it but can see it clearly in others.

You are right, I see it in the ozzies all the time!! 2-0

So you agree with the rest of us, not Paddyo. Good

Thats not good!!! The response was well written, concise and had good points. Agreeing with me is not the purpose, its having a voice. 3-0
3-0 is unfair...you made one good point.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just one point, this is the British Expats forum, where british expats share views etc, your response implies you are not British therefore why are you on here???
If you are British then damn your hide sir!!!
723 posts and you haven't seen this done to death before. Use search.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:02 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
3-0 is unfair...you made one good point.
hey...1-0 is till a win!!! Oh, hold on, am I being competitive now!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:03 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

723 posts and you haven't seen this done to death before. Use search.
725 posts........and I'm still learning, thats good yes??
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

725 posts........and I'm still learning, thats good yes??
Aye tis. Even better if potential immigrants also learn something informative about Australia from your rantings when all Aussies answering their questions obey you and slink off the forum.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:08 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

The 'cause appeal' ebbs and flows. No football team can be 100% committed every week no matter how much the coach wants it. But it has maintained its place in national debate for many decades of my life with the intensity reaching just as high peaks recently as years ago - higher even.

It's an insult to the 200,000+ people who marched over the Sydney Harbour bridge for reconciliation or to the tears a lot of us cried when the apology was given.

Even if every one of us jumped up and down tomorrow and made the headlines of every paper in the world the problem would still be there. Size of the problem does not always directly correlate to the size of the concern. Lets hope one of our immigrants brings a solution with them....that would show their true concern.
200000 of a whole nation is no 'cause celebre', its good for those who did it but still a rather mute answer to the problems.
No one, neither immigrant or indigenous has an answer to the 'problem', but, it is a problem and it does need to be fixed.
I have the perfect answer.........but I am not going to share it, its all mine and one day I might just tell the Federal Government how to resolve it. Thats after they fix the crap transport, health and crime issues first.
Oh, hold on, am I putting caucasian before indigenous here.....hmmmm....maybe I am racist after all!!! Wow, give me my PR now!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:09 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Aye tis. Even better if potential immigrants also learn something informative about Australia from your rantings when all Aussies answering their questions obey you and slink off the forum.
Damn...do you think I am being too confrontational??? lol
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Damn...do you think I am being too confrontational??? lol
Not that bad, but maybe you should brush up on family tax laws.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

200000 of a whole nation is no 'cause celebre', its good for those who did it but still a rather mute answer to the problems.
No one, neither immigrant or indigenous has an answer to the 'problem', but, it is a problem and it does need to be fixed.
I have the perfect answer.........but I am not going to share it, its all mine and one day I might just tell the Federal Government how to resolve it. Thats after they fix the crap transport, health and crime issues first.
Oh, hold on, am I putting caucasian before indigenous here.....hmmmm....maybe I am racist after all!!! Wow, give me my PR now!!!!
After that sentence I think you should be put in the immigration detention centre.... It was Sydney by the way, there were other marches in the other capitals.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:14 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

After that sentence I think you should be put in the immigration detention centre....
I'll get my coat!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll get my coat!!!
Good idea...those nights in the desert can get cold!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:21 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

Good idea...those nights in the desert can get cold!!!!
Nah, I'll always have those bright orange jumpsuits to keep me warm, plus those water boarding sessions are good for the cardio vascular routine!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nah, I'll always have those bright orange jumpsuits to keep me warm, plus those water boarding sessions are good for the cardio vascular routine!
The conservatives are out of govt now....sshhhh, water boarding never happened!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

At some point, we all have to overcome our history & move forward!

Undoubtedly, there were wrongs in the past but there have been $$$$$ thrown at providing solutions. People have to want to help themselves. In the communities that have gone dry, they have shown reduced abuse, improved school attendance etc. The people who don't like it have moved to other areas rather than change their behaiviour. There are scholarships etc etc offered, why the shame?
If people are given good housing, be it in the UK or Aus, be they white or otherwise, & they decide to trash it because they are drunk or high, why does that bring shame to the govt concerned?
If kids die because expectant mums do not access the healthcare provided, stop smoking, drinking or doing drugs, abuse their kids or malnourish them, who's fault is that? People do have choices. The Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people have choices.

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Oct 7th 2009 at 2:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.