Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sgipping Insurers driving me insane 6 months later!!!!

Sgipping Insurers driving me insane 6 months later!!!!

Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sgipping Insurers driving me insane 6 months later!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhfggggggggggggggggg fu%& sake

Our stuff was shipped around 5 months ago...few probs with packing the stuff, basically thrown into boxes, canvas of painting had the imprint of another picture on it that was squashed into it (not even wrapped up separately)....shoes scuffed to death (leather and suede as they were thrown in together) picture frames broken and books bent...(guys who delivered SAW some of it as they unpacked some of it)...

Long and short of it...

Insurers /underwriters are in teh US and keep insisting after their 'worldwide list of contacts' who look for replacements or repairs 'can't find any replacement or repairs' in fact she told me when I hit the roof 'she had been gggoogling all night and still couldn't find any... '

FFS...they keep e mailing when I DID get quotes from myers for replacement shoes (at a high prce but the price of eqiuv shoes) saying that they are replacement not repairs and I need repair quotes for the picture frames..... I bought them in DUbai and the UK, do I really have to go to heel bars in CHatswood and get them to write that they cannot repair shoe from scuff marks and damage to leather? I mean heel bars only repair heels don't they......

Have you got any advice? I am so sick of everything I find being not right, they are just trying to get away with paying around 20$ a shoe when I coulnd't even get a sock from target for that!!!!!......I paid a LOT of money for the insurance in case anything happened and specifically asked them to take CARE with my oil painting from Vietnam.....

IS this normal that I have to find ALL my own quotes that don't even really exist....I feel like giving up but why should I?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:38 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sgipping Insurers driving me insane 6 months later!!!!

I've never had to replace anything but repairs have been done promptly, no need for quotes. The fact that they didn't crate your paintings is scandalous.

Get shitty with them, you pay enough for insurance.