Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sex, Shopping, Beer, Chocolate....Brisbane CBD, August/September

Sex, Shopping, Beer, Chocolate....Brisbane CBD, August/September

Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sex, Shopping, Beer, Chocolate....Brisbane CBD, August/September

Originally Posted by netty
Helloooooooo

Are you still going to all try for the 25th August. At the moment we should still be ok to meet.
Come on people make a effort and join in for a drink and chat.
Seems to be a spectacular lack of interest Netty! I get nagged to put threads up, newbies ask for meets to be arranged, and then.....deafening silence - I won't take it personally, honest
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:09 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

As a non-Brisbanite I am surprised with the lack of take up on this. I always enjoy it when I visit Brissy and the Pig and Whistle is pretty close to a decent British style pub, although my personal favorite is The Storey Bridge Hotel on KP.
Could it be that its a weekend session? Us low life down in Sydney have a regular weekly meet up for ex pats in the CBD on a Thursday and it always gets a good crowd. I think the fact that we are already in the CBD for work means there is a captive audience!!
Its just a thought, hope your meet goes well and enjoy the football as well!!
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:49 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
As a non-Brisbanite I am surprised with the lack of take up on this. I always enjoy it when I visit Brissy and the Pig and Whistle is pretty close to a decent British style pub, although my personal favorite is The Storey Bridge Hotel on KP.
Could it be that its a weekend session? Us low life down in Sydney have a regular weekly meet up for ex pats in the CBD on a Thursday and it always gets a good crowd. I think the fact that we are already in the CBD for work means there is a captive audience!!
Its just a thought, hope your meet goes well and enjoy the football as well!!
We used to have weekly meets in Brisbane CBD, me, Bernie, Sandra and Mrs Bobbyftm met once a week and others used to join us on a less regular basis. They were really good nights, and I tried to start them up again when I started working in the CBD but Sandra had moved back to Sydney & Bernie is back home - no-one else showed any interest, though PAP01 and Netty do join me for a beer sometimes
Most of the posters who used to make the weekend meets don't work in the city so find week-nights hard, which is understandable, but now it seems there's a lack of interest in weekends as well Shame cos we've had some brilliant meets in the past, if you go back 2-3 years.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the 25th was always a no goer for us as we're dining in the city then off to see Jersey Boys show May sneak into Pig after of cause if there's any one about (re edit even if there's no one about we'll sneak into Pig)
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 12:54 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Unfortunately the 25th was always a no goer for us as we're dining in the city then off to see Jersey Boys show May sneak into Pig after of cause if there's any one about (re edit even if there's no one about we'll sneak into Pig)
Lack of enthusiasm means I'm now booked for the little Pig at 4.30am to watch football then a full days overtime after that but I could be enticed out again in the evening if I know there's anyone to drink with......