Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sewage Outfall Locations

Sewage Outfall Locations

Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:02 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sewage Outfall Locations

Everyone knows about Bondi's Cigars. Below is a list of problem beaches around Australia in case you want to get a turd surpise.

http://www.cleanocean.org/problem/81.html#top
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

I read the locations, quite a few, not so bad in WA (yet!).

Didn't read the site thoroughly, is this raw sewage?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:10 am

Originally posted by Kath

Each day, an average of 450 million litres per day (ML/d) is discharged at Gunnamatta Beach from four treatment plants:
Eastern Treatment Plant: 430 ML/d
Operated by Melbourne Water

Rosebud, Hastings and Mornington Treatment Plants: 20 ML/d
Operated by South-East Water

The pipe to Gunnamtta is 56km long and is 10 metres from the shore.

The Environment Protection Act 1970 authorises the EPA to implement the State Environment Protection Policy (Waters of Victoria) to "attain levels of water quality".

The EPA issue Melbourne Water and South-East Water with a conditional licence permitting effluent discharge at Gunnamatta. The licence states what the treatment standards are, what chemical testing programme is to be used, and what pollution is not to occur at Gunnamatta. This waste discharged must not cause the following:
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Stamford Bridge doesn't even get a mention. conspiracy of silence I suspect
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

There's quite a bit of info on this web site, didn't know it was so complex. It's disgusting really. Have you had any illness, problems as a Bondi surfer?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:17 am

Originally posted by Kath

Unfortunatley the site is not comparing like with like. The Ben Buckler (Bondi) outfall has been moved far out to sea. Since the move the water quality has improved substantially. I have spoken to people who knew what is was like in the old days. They said the water was disgusting. They cannot believe how clean it appears to be now.

The wife and I sometimes go snorkelling off Ben Buckler and it is amazing under there. It isn't the barrier reef but there are colourful fish, wobbygongs and a family of large blue gropers down there. Another good place in Sydney to snorkel is Gordons Bay which is between Clovelly and Coogee.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

For heaven sake, any Immo from the Uk will tell you Australians dont ****, how dare you suggest they perform normal bodily functions like people from less perfect countries.

What is wrong with you people, Bondi Cigars are cute minature dolphins. I'd be happy as a pig in ---- if I could swim with them.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Sewage Outfall Locations

Originally posted by bondipom
Everyone knows about Bondi's Cigars. Below is a list of problem beaches around Australia in case you want to get a turd surpise.

http://www.cleanocean.org/problem/81.html#top
Want some lovely Bay Prawns? freshly trawled from Pinkinba (mouth of the Brissie).

Don't get me started..lol

I have video footage shot by my good self of illegal trawling in front of the sewage hot water sewage outlet there. Bay Prawns could come from the bay... but they are also trawled from infront of the outlet and marketed under "fresh Bay prawns". With out going in to it too much... you are not supposed to trawl within a certain distance to the outlet.... what a joke. You ought to see half of these trawlers.

Best not confront them yourself as half of them carry guns

I'm not making this up... I know it sounds like it.. but believe me this is the gods honest truth!, but you would not believe the cr*p that's goes on here with the Mafia Pro fishing. Even Starlo has been threatened by a trawler one night... He was right miffed off about it. Don't ask me how I know. I'll end up writing a hundred pages long

Cheers
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:54 am

Default Re: Sewage Outfall Locations

Originally posted by Ceri
Want some lovely Bay Prawns? freshly trawled from Pinkinba (mouth of the Brissie).

Don't get me started..lol

I have video footage shot by my good self of illegal trawling in front of the sewage hot water sewage outlet there. Bay Prawns could come from the bay... but they are also trawled from infront of the outlet and marketed under "fresh Bay prawns". With out going in to it too much... you are not supposed to trawl within a certain distance to the outlet.... what a joke. You ought to see half of these trawlers.

Best not confront them yourself as half of them carry guns

I'm not making this up... I know it sounds like it.. but believe me this is the gods honest truth!, but you would not believe the cr*p that's goes on here with the Mafia Pro fishing. Even Starlo has been threatened by a trawler one night... He was right miffed off about it. Don't ask me how I know. I'll end up writing a hundred pages long

Cheers
Abalone poaching is also run by organised crime. Very big business.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

For heaven sake, any Immo from the Uk will tell you Australians dont ****, how dare you suggest they perform normal bodily functions like people from less perfect countries.
Dotty you just cant help yourself can you.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:29 am

Originally posted by dotty

What is wrong with you people, Bondi Cigars are cute minature dolphins. I'd be happy as a pig in ---- if I could swim with them.
They may not ***t but according to the instant messages I get here they do massive enourmous dumps. Far bigger than any pommy poofter dump they tell me.