Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Severe Weather warning

Severe Weather warning

Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Severe Weather warning

I dont know who pissed off the man in charge of the weather but this is the current weather warning for SE Qld.

TOP PRIORITY
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology, Brisbane
at 1:45pm EST on Thursday the 4th of March 2004

for coastal and island communities and the adjacent mountain areas between Town of 1770 and Coolangatta.

A DANGEROUS SITUATION IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ON FRIDAY AS A LOW MOVES TOWARDS THE SOUTH QUEENSLAND COASTLINE AND DEEPENS.

Destructive wind gusts to 130 km/h are expected to develop early on Friday between about Town of 1770 and the Sunshine Coast gradually extending southwards to Coolangatta during the day.

The combination of large ocean swells and the high tide Friday morning will produce water levels above the highest tide of the year between Fraser Island and the Sunshine Coast leading to some flooding of low lying areas close to the shoreline.

Heavy rains are likely with some local flooding.

People between Town of 1770 and Coolangatta should secure outside items, take any necessary precautions and listen to the next warning which will be issued at 5pm today.
Cyclones are NO fun. For new arrivals, check out what you should do in event of a severe storm or cyclone.

http://www.energex.com.au/community/...ety_storm.html
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Severe Weather warning

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
I dont know who pissed off the man in charge of the weather but this is the current weather warning for SE Qld.

Cyclones are NO fun. For new arrivals, check out what you should do in event of a severe storm or cyclone.

Thanks I shall wax up the board. We get the waves without the wind.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:18 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Thanks I shall wax up the board. We get the waves without the wind.
BP, swell of 3-5m up here if you are game to come for a visit .
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:20 am

BP, swell of 3-5m up here if you are game to come for a visit .

I prefer 4-6ft myself otherwise my wetsuit fills with a brown liquid.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:29 am
ABCDiamond

Yes, I just heard about it, my wife just came in, and said the weather is going to get bad.

Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Dont laugh but we were going to Dreamworld tomorrow:scared:

Think I might delay that for a week or so Tower of terror in a cylcone not nice.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:49 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be fun flying back from Melbourne during that
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:50 am

Originally posted by jayr
It's going to be fun flying back from Melbourne during that
You never know it might be like the turbulence scene in Flying High (Airplane). I wouldn't mind that.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:18 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by bondipom
I prefer 4-6ft myself otherwise my wetsuit fills with a brown liquid.
They must have heard us talking BP. This is from the 5pm update
The combination of large ocean swells and the high tide Friday morning will produce water levels above the highest tide of the year between Fraser Island and the Sunshine Coast leading to some flooding of low lying areas close to the shoreline. People should also keep out of the water whilst these large ocean swells persist.
:scared:
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:00 am
Ev'n'John

Thanks for the warning and advice, Mrs D!

I think I'll go and tidy up the children's toys from the garden - or our neighbours will all be at risk from low-flying Action Men!

Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

We're in Samford and so experienced the storm in August and had a couple of trees down and a day without electricity. Guess we'll have a walk around in the morning and secure anything not fixed down and I'll get all the rechargeable things charged.

Good thing is that we now have a gas barby, rechargeable torches/lights, a big deep cycle battery and an inverter so, worst case we can cook, see in the dark and watch the wonderful Aus telly!!

Mike.