Sevenseas

Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:50 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sevenseas

Hi all, just a quick nte to warn you all of Sevenseas worldwide. We decideed to pack and send our own boxes with SEvenseas. I did a search on expats and heard a really bad story, but unfortunately i chose to ignore it as i think everyone makes a mistake.....well it happened to me as well. Our thigs should have arrived by now, but we will be lucky if it arrives by xmas. There is no explanation and no compensation for their incompetence. Do what you will with this but if you want some good advice DON'T USE SEVENSEAS!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice
Default re: Sevenseas

How long ago did you send them? What was the date the ship left the country? When did they estimate that your boxes would arrive? Have you spoken to the company and asked what has caused the hold up? How do you know it's their incompetence that has caused the delay?

To be honest, with no facts this currently sounds more like a rant than a post containing constructive advice/criticism.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

I shipped with then in 2006 & they were fine!? I did do the boat rather than air !??
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

We shipped via air and boat and absolutely fine, even had a call from a bigwig in Oz, very happy.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Granted you've had a bad experience but please remember that a) it was your experience; b) other people have had great experience with them and c) some people have shipments with them currently. There isn't a shipper in the world that has 100% customer satisfaction and it would be naive to expect there to be.

Sorry you've had a bad experience. We thought they were excellent for some boxes they shipped for us.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

GaznEm is on a distinguished road

We used Sevenseas and found them really good. No damage to any of our goods and boxes arrived in 10-12 weeks as advertised.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

No probs via boat.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We used them in 2006 (boat) no problems what so ever. We were very happy with the service they provided.
Tracie
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:28 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

I agree we need more details. It is quite common for stuff to arrive either earlier or later than expected. As long as it arrives intact and not lost is the crucial thing!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Hi

we didn't use them when we shipped as when i rang around, they asked me where we were shipping too, so i tld them Brisbane and the guy then asked me where the nearest big city was - i wasn't very impressed by that so used someone else!

Tracy
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

gsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud ofgsidhu has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi all, just a quick nte to warn you all of Sevenseas worldwide. We decideed to pack and send our own boxes with SEvenseas. I did a search on expats and heard a really bad story, but unfortunately i chose to ignore it as i think everyone makes a mistake.....well it happened to me as well. Our thigs should have arrived by now, but we will be lucky if it arrives by xmas. There is no explanation and no compensation for their incompetence. Do what you will with this but if you want some good advice DON'T USE SEVENSEAS!

Sorry to hear your experience, we used them in May 2008, thought they were fine, everything arrived in good order, and we were kept updated on the progress so no complaints
Old Nov 1st 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

We found them excellent and we also recommended them to some friends who were sending stuff from Australia, they found them excellent also.

I’ll be using them again next year.

Mikey
Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a thread about cod liver oil tablets, seriously. Just made my day.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:12 am
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

We used Freedom Shipping which is the same bunch - they dropped off boxes and bubble wrap (but not much) and rolls of tape (more than enough) and ONE marker pen! They collected the boxes on time on the right day and kept us in touch of progress. The boxes arrived as they said they would 8 weeks later and we had the whole lot 9 weeks after they left the UK. We shipped some VERY expensive items - such as all of our diving equipment around £6,000 worth and all of our motorbike equipment £4,000 worth. The extra insurance cost more than the cost of shipping but if we had not had the insurance as sods law always drops in at the right time I'm sure we would have regretted it. The only spike in the process was that four items of crockery were smashed and a couple of things were missing (Black Adder and Billy Connolly DVD and a dog bed!!!!! _ I mean why would you! anyway........) I made a claim but as the crockery was not longer in production and could only be sourced in the UK they said that they would not pay the shipping charges to get the replacement items from the UK to Aussie - hello - what was the point of the insurance then? To date they have NOT coughed up the £89 claim (and we've been here almost a year) but this is ongoing with them. I found the shipping company NO problem at all to deal with - but the insurers are much more of a headache - I dread to think what would have happened it we had lost a whole box!!!! As an aside I did a complete inventory or EVERYTHING which went into EACH box and put a copy INSIDE each box. With so many horror stories of things going missing my logic was that if it was opened for customs purposes the person opening it would see the exact inventory contents and be less inclined to "lift" something. They did open the boxes with the bike leathers in and the shoes box as at the time the foot and mouth crisis was happening and they wanted to ensure there was no dirt / soil on anything which would have come into contact with the ground. All in all I guess my experience with the shipping company was 90% positive.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Yup - do a search on this forum there's loads of bad stories about them. Put me off using them. Their quote was lower than the shipping company I used, but, I decided I'd rather pay a bit more and use a company which seemed to have a better reputation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.