Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Seven Seas Worldwide.

Seven Seas Worldwide.

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seven Seas Worldwide.

I was wondering if anyone has used this company to transport small amounts out to Aus in the recent past? I'm looking for a cost effective way of transporting out my books, which certainly wouldn't fill a container!

Cheers.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seven Seas Worldwide.

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I was wondering if anyone has used this company to transport small amounts out to Aus in the recent past? I'm looking for a cost effective way of transporting out my books, which certainly wouldn't fill a container!

Cheers.

Im using them as we speak. Got the boxes delivered yesterday. Seem really friendly and helpful.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
Im using them as we speak. Got the boxes delivered yesterday. Seem really friendly and helpful.
Thanks for that; sounds encouraging.

May I ask, what sort of prices are they quoting you? I've seen the prices per tea chest but was wondering if there are any 'hidden extras'?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Cheers.
Us too, we had our boxes delivered last week, friendly bloke. We've had 20 boxes all in all 10 tea chests and 10 Tool chests if we use them all we will end paying about £600-£700, which I don't think is too bad. We are not taking any furniture etc. these boxes are only for personal items clothes (the ones which we can't get stuffed into cases for the flight), photos, my abundance of handbags and also taking kiddies games consoles. Obviously if we don't use them all it will be cheaper as £80 for first box, then £40 per tea chest after that.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The S's
Us too, we had our boxes delivered last week, friendly bloke. We've had 20 boxes all in all 10 tea chests and 10 Tool chests if we use them all we will end paying about £600-£700, which I don't think is too bad. We are not taking any furniture etc. these boxes are only for personal items clothes (the ones which we can't get stuffed into cases for the flight), photos, my abundance of handbags and also taking kiddies games consoles. Obviously if we don't use them all it will be cheaper as £80 for first box, then £40 per tea chest after that.
That sounds very reasonable.

All I'm taking really are my books and a few odds and ends and personal mementos. I'm trying to work out how many books I can get in each chest before I'm up to the 40Kg limit! Not many I suppose... I may end up leaving trashy novels and such behind!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds very reasonable.

All I'm taking really are my books and a few odds and ends and personal mementos. I'm trying to work out how many books I can get in each chest before I'm up to the 40Kg limit! Not many I suppose... I may end up leaving trashy novels and such behind!

We got the tea chests and 1 book box, book box holds 20kg and is £20, not a bad size either. We paid £79 for the first one and £40 for each one after that and then you pay £20 for clearance at customs in oz and thats it all in. They are door to door as well
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

We got the tea chests and 1 book box, book box holds 20kg and is £20, not a bad size either. We paid £79 for the first one and £40 for each one after that and then you pay £20 for clearance at customs in oz and thats it all in. They are door to door as well
Excellent!

Then I guess it's Seven Seas Worldwide for me then!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

I am pretty sure that it is 40kg for either box as it based on size not weight. The 40kg limit is just for health and safety, the blokes who load don't want to break there backs.
Just going to check their web site but I am 99% sure.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Cheers.
Worked for us.

Only glitch was the online tracker lost the ship somewhere around Indonesia until Brisbane. Port of Melbourne has webcams to see the ship.

WW
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:22 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I unloaded one of their containers and watched AQIS x-ray them.

They opened some stuff that looked clean to me gave it a couple of squirts with something and attached a bill
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

They are looking good for us. Gonna phone them tomorrow to make sure they offer the service to the Isle of Man.

Definately only bringing personal items and kids stuff, so they seem to be perfect.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

We're using them too, this was taken yesterday...

Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:06 am
Anna

Peanuts100 is on a distinguished road

We used Seven Seas when we migrated in March 04 - they were really really good. I couldn't fault them.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xgeminix
We're using them too, this was taken yesterday...

Looks like fun in your house!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:45 am
Account Closed

Cheers folks!

No horror stories (other than a missing ship!) I guess I know who I'll be using then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.