Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:52 am
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

[QUOTE=mary1967;6656901]
Originally Posted by The Clarkeys

The stress is never ending, as you knock one thing on the head, up pops another If it weren't for the animals we could probably go as soon as the house goes through (that's if it does), but we've had our pets for 7 years and couldn't imagine leaving them here.

At the moment i'm stressing over the house sale, the animals, rentals, air fares and jobs. No doubt when i get there it'll be rentals, rentals, rentals, schools, jobs, cars, shopping, furniture shipping and spiders............have i forgotten anything?

Thanks for that

Hey Mary ,

Can u not board the animals and get someone to ship them for u . I really believe u will do yr self a favour getting yrselves sorted with accomodation before they arrive. Honestly boarding them will cost but will be better option to find yr feet. Yr animals will be fine. When i went to live in UK i had to quarantine my dog for 6 months . I t was hell as he did not understand why i did not take him with me everytime i visited him |( kinder not to visit) .Here quarantine is shorter time and look upon it as getting them a safe place to live once they come out . I really don t want to presure u but its is def worth looking at .

Linda ( we spoke before Btaz)
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:28 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=btazgallacher;6668507]
Originally Posted by mary1967

Hey Mary ,

Can u not board the animals and get someone to ship them for u . I really believe u will do yr self a favour getting yrselves sorted with accomodation before they arrive. Honestly boarding them will cost but will be better option to find yr feet. Yr animals will be fine. When i went to live in UK i had to quarantine my dog for 6 months . I t was hell as he did not understand why i did not take him with me everytime i visited him |( kinder not to visit) .Here quarantine is shorter time and look upon it as getting them a safe place to live once they come out . I really don t want to presure u but its is def worth looking at .

Linda ( we spoke before Btaz)
Hi Linda,

Yes, i've thought of it, and it may well come down to it The main problem is whether the dog passes the blood tests or not, cause if she doesn't, what do we do with her if we're in Oz? We've got nobody who could take her and it would be heartbreaking for me and the kids, so i feel like i've got to at least wait until she's had the bloody tests, which i can't get done yet because i don't know about quarantine spaces and we've not yet exchanged on the house

I'm hoping that we can board her at the kennels, after passing the blood test of course!, for a week, possibly 10 days after we've gone, which would hopefully give us between 5/6 weeks to find a rental. If the worse comes to the worse and we can't get a rental that'll take pets, i'm thinking of boarding them in Perth..............i dread to think how much this is gonna cost...........
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:30 pm
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=mary1967;6669263]
Originally Posted by btazgallacher

Hi Linda,

Yes, i've thought of it, and it may well come down to it The main problem is whether the dog passes the blood tests or not, cause if she doesn't, what do we do with her if we're in Oz? We've got nobody who could take her and it would be heartbreaking for me and the kids, so i feel like i've got to at least wait until she's had the bloody tests, which i can't get done yet because i don't know about quarantine spaces and we've not yet exchanged on the house

I'm hoping that we can board her at the kennels, after passing the blood test of course!, for a week, possibly 10 days after we've gone, which would hopefully give us between 5/6 weeks to find a rental. If the worse comes to the worse and we can't get a rental that'll take pets, i'm thinking of boarding them in Perth..............i dread to think how much this is gonna cost...........

Don t worry too much Mary , things tend to work out for the best ... Something will guide you in the right direction . Everything happens for a reason . I am sure the blood test will be fine but if they are not then maybe something will lead you in different direction. I rehomed my cats bit at a time but i was worried about them not liking it here and also them not being used to all the creastures out here and cats are territorial so i found them nice homes and they have settled well. I know with dogs it s harder as i grew up with dogs in our family but something will show you the way... Chin up :-)
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

G/day, just stumbled across this thread, been in S Harbour 3 months..
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mindblower
QUOTE]

Hi we have just arrived in Freo. Been in Melbourne for 4 weeks or so & now we are here. Hoping to move to waiki in next couple of weeks - Hows things going with u guys?
Flo & Mags. X
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

Do the meet ups still happen here?? Just thought I would ask as would love to meet people - just arrived & already loving the weather!!
Flo & Mags. X
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kazozz
hi

good minds think alike!! can i ask who you have booked your temp accomadation with, we are having difficulties securing some. cant wait to get there. defo on meeting up. keep me posted
karen
Hi Karen

just wondered if you have found any temp accomodation yet? We booked through Emi great - they have properties in Port Kennedy and they also do car rentals so we will have a car waiting in our driveway after they collect us personally at the airport.

We arrive in Perth on 20/10/08. My OH has his first telephone interview next week Getting more real by the day although so much to do here but still can't wait to finally turn that dream into reality

Erica
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:05 pm
kazozz

kazozz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tayles
Hi Karen

just wondered if you have found any temp accomodation yet? We booked through Emi great - they have properties in Port Kennedy and they also do car rentals so we will have a car waiting in our driveway after they collect us personally at the airport.

We arrive in Perth on 20/10/08. My OH has his first telephone interview next week Getting more real by the day although so much to do here but still can't wait to finally turn that dream into reality

Erica
hi Erica

We are all sorted now thanks, books accomadation, through ozstays. Booked a car ,Mandurah here we come!! I so no what you mean about dream to reality. Goodluck to your OH with his interview!!
karen
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

There is a meet up planned in Kings Park for 21st September I think. If you look in the meet-up section on this forum you will find it. It is good for new people who have just arrived and don't know many people. We went to one when we arrived but have never been to another, we seemed to have made loads of friends just doing day to day stuff, kids at school etc.

Sarah.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:26 am
kazozz

Originally Posted by flo&mags
Do the meet ups still happen here?? Just thought I would ask as would love to meet people - just arrived & already loving the weather!!
Flo & Mags. X
HI Flo & Mags

IT seems there is a meet up in king park in sept. we move to Mandurah 15 Oct Yipeeeee, cant wait.
maybe see you at a meet,
karen
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mindblower
QUOTE]

what is it like? we got our visa 2 weeks ago but as house still not sold not sure when will make it over. thinking of secret harbour when we eventually get out there.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Mrs Roo will become famous soon enoughMrs Roo will become famous soon enough

I am a West Oz native living in Mandurah. I went to the UK in February 2004 and returned in 2007 with a UK partner after working there for 3 years. He has since returned to the UK, so I am basically at a loose end.

I would be happy to assist anyone who needs info about this end as I have many connections and a good knowledge of Australia and particularly WA, having travelled widely through the state and living here for 25 years. I have lived and worked in the Pilbara and in the West Kimberley area as well as in the Great Southern and in Mandurah.

I would also be happy to help any current residents in any way that I am able.

Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:53 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Roo
I am a West Oz native living in Mandurah. I went to the UK in February 2004 and returned in 2007 with a UK partner after working there for 3 years. He has since returned to the UK, so I am basically at a loose end.

I would be happy to assist anyone who needs info about this end as I have many connections and a good knowledge of Australia and particularly WA, having travelled widely through the state and living here for 25 years. I have lived and worked in the Pilbara and in the West Kimberley area as well as in the Great Southern and in Mandurah.

Cheers

What a lovely post - can't wait to get there now

Mary
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:50 pm
kazozz

Originally Posted by mary1967
What a lovely post - can't wait to get there now

Mary
hi Mary

Are you off to mandurah too? we fly Perth Oct 15 th, we will be staying in Halls Head. cant wait
karen
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:58 pm
kazozz

Originally Posted by Mrs Roo

Cheers
hello mrs Roo

Just saw your post, we loved Dawsville,what views! we have a rental in Halls head, we really likes it there.
Do you know any local places to buy a car??
cheers
karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.