Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

nelboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I felt quite emotional when I saw our plane at Heathrow, when the plane took off I just said 'bye London' and that was that.

but nothing prepared me for how 'lost' I would feel once I landed.
I work at Heathrow and saw the Malaysian about to take off on Monday and thought "Wow 3 weeks and I will be on that plane" then I smiled like a cheshire cat for quite a while!

Neil
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

rubydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah, we are staying in Secret Harbour first as we were offered a rental there but not sure where we will end up once we get a longer term rental. I have a job immediately south of Perth airport and so we need to find somewhere with a reasonable High School, reasonable house prices, reasonable area and a reasonable commute. This wish list should keep us occupied for a week or two.
Any pointers would be great. Where have you ended up?

Cheers Chris & Sharon.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

hi all,
just found this forum, and even just reading this post alone has answered many questions we have. we are hoping to be in perth around about september time and have been looking at the butler and clarkson areas, does anyone live there or are planning to live there?
thanks
kev and carly
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:16 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi all,
just found this forum, and even just reading this post alone has answered many questions we have. we are hoping to be in perth around about september time and have been looking at the butler and clarkson areas, does anyone live there or are planning to live there?
thanks
kev and carly
Hi there,

We are moving to Jindalee which is directly opposite Butler. We have some friends that live in Butler, and they love it.

Jindalee is a new suburb next to the beach.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

we have friends who lived in butler as well but they have now moved to clarkson it was them who persuaded us to emigrate to oz as we were thinking of going to spain originally. when do you plan on going? how long did your visa take to come back?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi all
well we got our forms logded on the 10th and got e-mail on the 15th sayin that we just waitin for a case officer so hope it wont be long
we still not sure which part of perth to go to yet so if anyone knows of a nice part close to shop,schools and parks let us know

thanx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

2 weeks today we leave for Perth Port Kennedy
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:37 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy7

That's where we're hoping to go Good luck on the move.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:04 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Lucky You! We have friends there & in Warnbro. We are hoping to move to Southern River later this year if the house ever sells..
Goodluck!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Lucky You! We have friends there & in Warnbro. We are hoping to move to Southern River later this year if the house ever sells..
Goodluck!

Any viewers Tawkins?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

propercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nicepropercornish is just really nice

Good luck with your moveWe have our visa and are going to Port Kennedy as well.
looking forward to reading an update from you when you've settled in.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:59 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mary1967
Any viewers Tawkins?
No nothing! What about you?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by tawkins1
No nothing! What about you?

not a peep Just read a 20 point list on the February thread about house selling (or maybe it was the January one?) - wish i'd known about it earlier!

Last edited by mary1967; Apr 18th 2008 at 6:01 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:35 am
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Well we have arrived and i have had a permanent grin on my face since we landed . Its magic out here. Have bought a car from John Hughes dealership a Hyundai Accent sedan of just over a yr old and i am on the road again. lol

Rentals is the trickiest , just put in an application today and find out in 24 to 48 hours who whey will pick as tenants . This also means i cannot apply for any other s unless i don t mind losing my deposit 1 weeks rent .Its a bit of a catch 22 but its all good and all will work out eventually.

This country is magic :-)

Btaz
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by btazgallacher
Well we have arrived and i have had a permanent grin on my face since we landed . Its magic out here. Have bought a car from John Hughes dealership a Hyundai Accent sedan of just over a yr old and i am on the road again. lol

Rentals is the trickiest , just put in an application today and find out in 24 to 48 hours who whey will pick as tenants . This also means i cannot apply for any other s unless i don t mind losing my deposit 1 weeks rent .Its a bit of a catch 22 but its all good and all will work out eventually.

This country is magic :-)

Btaz
We got our rental purely by luck. Having viewed a house in Port Kennedy which was gorgeous, we had carefully filled in our forms, put in a cover letter complete with copies of police clearance and names of references.

We had to pay the deposit and put the application in to the agents in Fremantle, then by accident we found another Estate agent in Fremantle and wondered in.

The agent said she wasn't busy and offered to drive us round some of their rentals. We saw one which was horrible - well from the outside as she couldn't find the keys.

She then showed us the outside of a house that was up for rent, we couldnt see inside as she hadnt organised a viewing and didnt have the keys. She said that there had been about 8 applicants for it and we thought we would have no chance.

After peaking through the windows, we liked what we saw and decided then and there to try and apply for it - yes I know, silly as we hadn't seen inside but we had a good feeling about it.

At $370 a week, it was more than the house in Port Kennedy but we both fell in love with Fremantle and decided to chance it and put in an application.

The estate agent said that they have the biggest influence as to who gets the property and told us not to worry.

Only Mr PP had a casual job and I had nothing, so we offered to pay 3 months rent up front and she refused saying it wasn't needed.

A bit later we got a call saying that we had been chosen and the rest all fell into place.

The application for the other house never made it to the agents and we have been in Freo just over two weeks.

I think it was our luck though and we are glad it all worked out but the rental market is hard and it is strange that the agents have that much power.

It was a huge gamble for us to apply for a house we hadn't seen the inside of but when we got the keys, I was amazed at how gorgeous it was and think we have landed on our feet.

I would say have every bit of info, prepare your application carefully and hope for the best.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Apr 21st 2008 at 6:27 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.