Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef

Lolylew, the list is brilliant isn't it? Allan asked me if I wanted it done and I jumped at the chance as I had seen the visa timeline one. It is so much easier as the other list was really difficult to update. As for what I will do now, definitely lunch down at Hillary's and shopping hahaha.

oooh, i'm sooo jealous, lucky you - i could go to merry hill shopping center, but somehow i dont think its quite the same

lisa
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:12 pm
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Well my fingers are sore from getting crushed and most boxes packed now. Moving out of the house at weekend and in with friends . This is the hardest bit so far . 4 weeks on Friday we fly to oz :-) The cupboards seemed endless and there was always another one to empty just when i thought i had finished . Never mind time will fly now . Flying from Glasgow on 4th via Dubai if anyone else is going that day , just drop a line .

take care

Btaz
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:31 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by btazgallacher
Hi All,

Well my fingers are sore from getting crushed and most boxes packed now. Moving out of the house at weekend and in with friends . This is the hardest bit so far . 4 weeks on Friday we fly to oz :-) The cupboards seemed endless and there was always another one to empty just when i thought i had finished . Never mind time will fly now . Flying from Glasgow on 4th via Dubai if anyone else is going that day , just drop a line .

take care

Btaz
Must admit I'm dead Jealous , would love to have my flights booked and be packing up

House only been on the market a week and already I'm bored of the waiting

Best of luck to you Btaz

Allan
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lolylew
oooh, i'm sooo jealous, lucky you - i could go to merry hill shopping center, but somehow i dont think its quite the same

lisa
Hi Lisa,

It was weird reading your post mentioning Merry Hill Shopping Centre, I used to go there and it is strange when you haven't thought about something for a while. I have a friend over here that has only been here about 6 weeks and she went to one of your meet ups at Brewsters. Her name is Jo and they are living near me in Tapping. When are you hoping to come over?

Sarah
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/perth.php

This is the link to add any details on the list.

Sarah
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:46 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allankate
Must admit I'm dead Jealous , would love to have my flights booked and be packing up

House only been on the market a week and already I'm bored of the waiting

Best of luck to you Btaz

Allan

Me to...........................i'd also love to post 'I'VE GOT MY VISA'!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Lisa,

It was weird reading your post mentioning Merry Hill Shopping Centre, I used to go there and it is strange when you haven't thought about something for a while. I have a friend over here that has only been here about 6 weeks and she went to one of your meet ups at Brewsters. Her name is Jo and they are living near me in Tapping. When are you hoping to come over?

Sarah

is it jo with lauren & caitlin? how funny
sent her an email just as they went to say we'd got our visas, (think her computer had already been shipped) & havent heard from her since, not sure if shes up & running on the pc yet?
give her my love & tell her to contact me when she can, i know shes a member on here, (infact she introduced me to BE!) but i know she doesnt go on that often.

just remember 'merry hill' is 'merry HELL'

we're hoping to come over as soon as the house is sold, we had a viewing on saturday, & according to the agent they're interested (& want to buy it without selling their own & renting theirs out), they need to see a mortgage adviser first, so fingers crossed

lisa
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lolylew
is it jo with lauren & caitlin? how funny
sent her an email just as they went to say we'd got our visas, (think her computer had already been shipped) & havent heard from her since, not sure if shes up & running on the pc yet?
give her my love & tell her to contact me when she can, i know shes a member on here, (infact she introduced me to BE!) but i know she doesnt go on that often.

just remember 'merry hill' is 'merry HELL'

we're hoping to come over as soon as the house is sold, we had a viewing on saturday, & according to the agent they're interested (& want to buy it without selling their own & renting theirs out), they need to see a mortgage adviser first, so fingers crossed

lisa
Hi Lisa,

Yes it is that Jo, I tell you what it is a really small world. Her youngest goes to the same school as my son.

I will tell her to get on the forums. She is moving into her rental today/tomorrow and she is still waiting for her stuff. When she gets her broadband up and running she will probably be back on. I will give her your message.

Good luck with the house sale, hope it all goes well.

Sarah
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

nickallen1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caggsy

Just checking in also!

Just a slight amendment to the list - we leave on 22 October an arrive Perth 24 October.

Cheers

Carole & Jason
Just been looking on the settling in perth list, it says that you are a gas fitter, just wondered if you've managed to find work before you go. I'm in the same boat, i'm a gasfitter but considering doing a crach course in air con before i go hopefully later this year. I'm looking at Heathridge/Ridgewood to settle ( just outside joondalup).

regards
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickallen1969
Just been looking on the settling in perth list, it says that you are a gas fitter, just wondered if you've managed to find work before you go. I'm in the same boat, i'm a gasfitter but considering doing a crach course in air con before i go hopefully later this year. I'm looking at Heathridge/Ridgewood to settle ( just outside joondalup).

regards
Hi,

A lot of the people on this thread don't seem to look at it any more, you might get some replies but you might be worth starting a new thread. In case you are not aware, Heathridge and Ridgewood are quite far apart.

If you need any help with things other than work related we will help if we can, let us know.

Sarah
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickallen1969

regards
Forgot to say, add yourself to the new list, you can also look where people have settled and what jobs they are doing.

Here is the link:

Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Is anyone moving to the Port Kennedy area in Perth soon? Were flying out there the beginning of May this year, would love to get to know some people that are heading that way, PM if your moving to this area around the same time as me.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:20 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Is anyone moving to the Port Kennedy area in Perth soon? Were flying out there the beginning of May this year, would love to get to know some people that are heading that way, PM if your moving to this area around the same time as me.
We're hoping to go to Port Kennedy but it'll probably be October..................Good luck with your move
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Hi Ozzy7,

Take a look on the new list via this link and some people are already in the Port Kennedy area.

Sarah
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:37 pm
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

Well ,

The house is done and it feels a bit strange . The next few weeks will fly in and the goodbye s are looming. I am excited about going but all the reality of it all is kicking in and a bit scary . It s realising that i will prob never see some of my friends again as people move around .

Anyway counting down now not long . I will be looking for something near Heathridge as my daughter has cousins there .

Hope to meet some of u at a meet up .

Btaz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.