Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

We have a new list which is absoloutley brilliant thanks to Allan who did it for us. Everyone can add themselves or update details and it does it for you.

Many thanks to Allan again!

Here is where the new list can be found.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/perth.php

Sarah
just updated our details this site is really great and will take a load off of your plates now.

Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi mum01753,

The site is fantastic isn't it? I try to keep up with people nedding changes but it will be so much easier now that everyone can do their own.

Good luck for Saturday night, hope the flight goes well.

Sarah
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:28 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum01753
just updated our details this site is really great and will take a load off of your plates now.

I notice you are flying on the 1st March. Who are you flying with? My MIL is flying from Mancheser on 1st arriving in Perth on 2nd via Dubai. If anyone else is flying Emirates to Perth on the 1st could they PM me.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Have just been nosing around and looked at the updated thread. If you go to Warnbro pop in and say hi to my bessy mate please Little Bear

Not long now Sam, are you all organised now?

Lynne
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Hi all,

We have a new list which is absoloutley brilliant thanks to Allan who did it for us. Everyone can add themselves or update details and it does it for you.

Many thanks to Allan again!

Here is where the new list can be found.

Sarah
That's a brilliant list!!! Well done
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

char1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Have only got a verbal offer of a job so far but hopefully it'll come through formally and I should be off to Perth in a few months.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

sarah (mad chef), your going to be redundant now
what will you do , hmmmmm.......the beach.........shopping.......the beach
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

GREAT JOB ALLAN

you cleaver little bunny you

lisa
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kangy-roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I have added Kangy-roo to the list and updated details for movin'on and BallochBiddy.

Any more changes just let me know or send me a pm.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Thanks Mad Chef,

I've booked the removals today, so things are really starting to move.

5 weeks today and counting....

Alex
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

nelboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kangy-roo
Thanks Mad Chef,

I've booked the removals today, so things are really starting to move.

5 weeks today and counting....

Alex
Alex,

Do you mind saying which removals company you are using, we are getting quotes at the moment and the prices and info coming forward are a bit mixed?

Neil
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Kangy-roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Neil

We are using John Masons. We are taking a full 20ft container and it is costing us around £3500. I am just deciding whether to go for the 3% insurance with John Mason (no excess, and full cover) or Letton Percival 1.6% (with excess, and not quite as comprehensive cover). The other companies we looked at were Pickfords (who didn't really seem to want to know once they had done the initial quote) and Allied, who were OK but slightly more expensive. Hope this helps... sorry if I've bored you to death .

Alex
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kangy-roo
Hi Neil

We are using John Masons. We are taking a full 20ft container and it is costing us around £3500. I am just deciding whether to go for the 3% insurance with John Mason (no excess, and full cover) or Letton Percival 1.6% (with excess, and not quite as comprehensive cover). The other companies we looked at were Pickfords (who didn't really seem to want to know once they had done the initial quote) and Allied, who were OK but slightly more expensive. Hope this helps... sorry if I've bored you to death .

Alex
Alex,

Thanks for the info, we have had White & Co, Allied & Burke Bro so far, we have Masons coming next week, we are aiming for the same as you with 20' container etc.

We also are a bit put off by the insurance, it all seems a bit steep as most have basic cover built in.

The 3% insurance is probably bought from a 3rd party by the shipper and then they double the policy price when they sell it on to us the punter.

Neil.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

We used White & Company and they charged us £3250 for a 20ft container. Be aware that they use another agency when it gets here and then they charged us $374 aquis charge which has to be paid in dollars by cheque. We had our insurance through Letton Percival but didn't have to make any claims so were glad we took the cheaper option.

Sarah

Lolylew, the list is brilliant isn't it? Allan asked me if I wanted it done and I jumped at the chance as I had seen the visa timeline one. It is so much easier as the other list was really difficult to update. As for what I will do now, definitely lunch down at Hillary's and shopping hahaha.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

This is the link to the new list where everyone can update themselves and add comments about where they are at now.

I know that people who are still in the Uk like to see what the people who have got here so far are up to. It is also good to see who may be living in your area to make friends or go to meets ups with.

Sarah
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=mad.chef;6005282]We used White & Company and they charged us £3250 for a 20ft container. Be aware that they use another agency when it gets here and then they charged us $374 aquis charge which has to be paid in dollars by cheque. We had our insurance through Letton Percival but didn't have to make any claims so were glad we took the cheaper option.

Sarah

Thanks for that, Ally liked White's, they seem to be the nicest (and cheapest) but we were put off by the Aqis charge, if it is just a matter of a cheque for the cclearancethen that is not a problem because they are £500 cheaper than Allied. Allied have there own bond which makes them more capable. Will go for the Letton ins though it is half the price, if we cut down the costs it will pay for a 3 night ststopovert KL on the way, which is nice!

Neil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.