Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Closed Thread

Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:41 am
  #841  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tigeresswhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 301
Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef View Post
Hi all,

Welcome to bazzle and dor34. I have adjusted any details on the list as requested.

Hopefully if enough people are interested we can try and arrange a meet up for the end of February/beginning of March? There should be loads of new people arriving here before then. Let me know what you all think.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Mark and I would be up for a meet up, been here for 8 weeks now and are loving it.
Tigeresswhite is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:44 pm
  #842  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Camberley
Posts: 17
2-hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef View Post
HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Hi Sarah and Dave

Could you please update us we fly out out on 13th Feb from Heathrow with singapore airlines and arrive in Perth on the 14th ............Is there any one else flying out then ?
We then head down to Bunbury 3 days later.
Having just sold the house last Friday .........its all systems go now, it feels like we are on a rocket ship no stopping us now!
ive got to book a Hotel in Perth for 3days, Book a hire car for 3 weeks and a holiday let near Bunbury, that should give us enough time to find a house to rent and time to buy a car.
We dont know a sole in Australia and have never been befor, So if any one has any recommendations please let me know.

Dave & Wendy
2-hunter is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:05 pm
  #843  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by 2-hunter View Post
Hi Sarah and Dave

Could you please update us we fly out out on 13th Feb from Heathrow with singapore airlines and arrive in Perth on the 14th ............Is there any one else flying out then ?
We then head down to Bunbury 3 days later.
Having just sold the house last Friday .........its all systems go now, it feels like we are on a rocket ship no stopping us now!
ive got to book a Hotel in Perth for 3days, Book a hire car for 3 weeks and a holiday let near Bunbury, that should give us enough time to find a house to rent and time to buy a car.
We dont know a sole in Australia and have never been befor, So if any one has any recommendations please let me know.

Dave & Wendy

Good luck to you both.
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:18 pm
  #844  
NO ADDED SUGAR
 
I_Will_Freckle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Center Parcs, WA
Posts: 1,322
I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef View Post

Hopefully if enough people are interested we can try and arrange a meet up for the end of February/beginning of March?
We'd be interested too.
I_Will_Freckle is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:14 am
  #845  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Mandurah
Posts: 233
LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Post Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Madchef

We've been here a week now and it's going well. This is my first opportunity to get on the internet.
Would love to meet up.

Originally Posted by mad.chef View Post
HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
LisaT is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:12 am
  #846  
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!
 
The_Effys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Milton Keynes then, Secret Harbour now!
Posts: 737
The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
Hi Madchef

We've been here a week now and it's going well. This is my first opportunity to get on the internet.
Would love to meet up.
Hi Lisa & Tony,

did you get our PM? Give us a call sometime & we can meet up

Chris & Sharon

.
The_Effys is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:02 am
  #847  
BE Enthusiast
 
yellowmellow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
Posts: 334
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi all,

well not posted on here in ages. sorry

But we are in Coogee at the moment and are looking at houses over the next few days in Baldivis and Secret Harbour. Not really been to any off them before, can anyone offer any advise please, we are a family of three with a 3 yr old son.

Also When you apply for a house i know there will be a few applicants, but roughly, how long does it take for them to make a decision and for you to get the keys (if you are lucky) cant stay where i am for much longer, really hating it and need to move yesterday!

Thanks all,

Becky and clan
yellowmellow is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:08 am
  #848  
BE Forum Addict
 
hitchcock71's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: yangebup perth au
Posts: 2,505
hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by yellowmellow View Post
Hi all,

well not posted on here in ages. sorry

But we are in Coogee at the moment and are looking at houses over the next few days in Baldivis and Secret Harbour. Not really been to any off them before, can anyone offer any advise please, we are a family of three with a 3 yr old son.

Also When you apply for a house i know there will be a few applicants, but roughly, how long does it take for them to make a decision and for you to get the keys (if you are lucky) cant stay where i am for much longer, really hating it and need to move yesterday!

Thanks all,

Becky and clan


so you are off to little britain then are you


can take a few days or as much as 2 weeks to get the nod if you have been sucessfull in your application
hitchcock71 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:46 am
  #849  
BE Enthusiast
 
yellowmellow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
Posts: 334
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 View Post
so you are off to little britain then are you


can take a few days or as much as 2 weeks to get the nod if you have been sucessfull in your application
We are having to go where the houses are in our price range, so thats why we are looking down there because thats where the houses are at the moment, there are none that i like in Shoalwater, safety bay, rockingham, so its Secret or Baldivis, Baldivis seems nice, But to be honest a place i can call my home would be nice...............
yellowmellow is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:02 am
  #850  
BE Forum Addict
 
hitchcock71's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: yangebup perth au
Posts: 2,505
hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by yellowmellow View Post
We are having to go where the houses are in our price range, so thats why we are looking down there because thats where the houses are at the moment, there are none that i like in Shoalwater, safety bay, rockingham, so its Secret or Baldivis, Baldivis seems nice, But to be honest a place i can call my home would be nice...............
how much are houses down there???
hitchcock71 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:46 am
  #851  
NO ADDED SUGAR
 
I_Will_Freckle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Center Parcs, WA
Posts: 1,322
I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by yellowmellow View Post
Hi all,

well not posted on here in ages. sorry

But we are in Coogee at the moment and are looking at houses over the next few days in Baldivis and Secret Harbour. Not really been to any off them before, can anyone offer any advise please, we are a family of three with a 3 yr old son.

Also When you apply for a house i know there will be a few applicants, but roughly, how long does it take for them to make a decision and for you to get the keys (if you are lucky) cant stay where i am for much longer, really hating it and need to move yesterday!

Thanks all,

Becky and clan
Our first rental was in Baldivis. Lovely house but very, very isolated. If you settle there prepare to be lonely.
I_Will_Freckle is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:52 am
  #852  
BE Forum Addict
 
hitchcock71's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: yangebup perth au
Posts: 2,505
hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle View Post
Our first rental was in Baldivis. Lovely house but very, very isolated. If you settle there prepare to be lonely.
and you wont have such a good chum down the rd
hitchcock71 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:49 am
  #853  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tigeresswhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 301
Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle View Post
Our first rental was in Baldivis. Lovely house but very, very isolated. If you settle there prepare to be lonely.
They wouldn't be lonely we are in Baldivis
Tigeresswhite is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:34 am
  #854  
BE Forum Addict
 
hitchcock71's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: yangebup perth au
Posts: 2,505
hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite View Post
They wouldn't be lonely we are in Baldivis
ah so you are nicky

hows yr day been
hitchcock71 is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:50 pm
  #855  
Forum Regular
 
nelboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Staines Middlesex
Posts: 31
nelboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi All,

We had our visa granted on Tuesday 29th!!!!

We have an offer on our house so look out Connolly we are on are way!!!

Anyone around the Connolly area we will see you there soon!!!!!

Neil, Ally, Joe & Jacques.
nelboy is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service