British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

The Brooks Jan 3rd 2008 12:09 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Chris
we have settled great the kids did a couple of weeks at school before christmas so made some friends for the holidays, and OH is liking his job, i am a lady of leisure for the first time in 13 years and am loving it, we do feel like we have been here longer than we have.....
How about you, where have you settled??
The only thing we have not done is get to any meet ups yet, but we will in th new year.

Sam

confuzzled Jan 4th 2008 7:05 pm

Glad everyone is settling in well..... we are on countdown mode- 5 days till we land!!

bruce67 Jan 5th 2008 4:57 am

Hi, Just found this thread as we were originally heading for Adelaide via Perth and just didn't leave! I'm Bruce (40), an ex BT engineer, wife Gloria - carer, and Shannon 13. We left London on 25/10/07 and arrived 26th. We now live in Greenfields/Mandurah.

Bruce:)

mad.chef Jan 16th 2008 11:23 am

Hi to everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while as had relatives over for christmas. I hope everyone here is settling well and hopefully we can arrange a meet up soon.

Sarah

jens_angels Jan 16th 2008 11:46 am

Hi, just wondering if there are any othe rmeet ups or social events planned over the next couple of months?:thumbsup:

Sonja Jan 16th 2008 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by bruce67 (Post 5741860)
Hi, Just found this thread as we were originally heading for Adelaide via Perth and just didn't leave! I'm Bruce (40), an ex BT engineer, wife Gloria - carer, and Shannon 13. We left London on 25/10/07 and arrived 26th. We now live in Greenfields/Mandurah.

Bruce:)

Hi Bruce

Just found your post. We have not been on site for some time been a bit mad this end.
We also left uk 25/10/07 and arrived 26th. We are now living in Rockingham. My OH also was a BT engineer and doing the same as you in the (uk) I think. What are you doing for work now ? Have you moved back into telecoms? How are you settling in?

Ozzy7 Jan 16th 2008 3:08 pm

We have got our visa :thumbsup: and hope to be in Perth the end of April this year, we need to go before Dec 9th so dont have a lot of time left to get things moving.

allankate Jan 16th 2008 3:12 pm

Hi all

Just found this thread:D

Got our visa last week and now need to sell up and get out.

We bought land in Secret Harbour back in 2006 and the building starts in Feb, so hopefully the house will be all finished by Sept this year.

Aiming to get out there in July/Aug and then we can oversea the final stages, really can't wait.:thumbup:

Allan

MOONLIGHT Jan 16th 2008 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzy7 (Post 5797049)
We have got our visa :thumbsup: and hope to be in Perth the end of April this year, we need to go before Dec 9th so dont have a lot of time left to get things moving.

Hi Elaine
Don't you mean May?????:rofl:

TheColebecks Jan 16th 2008 7:59 pm

Hi All,

We had our visas granted on 9 January :thumbsup: so we've begun the HUGE task of getting the house ready for the market and getting shipping quotes. It feels VERY real now!!

We have to validate by 30 September but hope to move over after the end of June, house-sale willing of course!

We have relatives in Safety Bay & Waikiki, Rockingham, and will start off around there for a few weeks so that we can drive around and get a feel for the place before deciding where to settle - all depends on schools.

On the subject of schools, any information on schools in the Rockingham area (Safety Bay, Warnbro, Port Kennedy etc) would be very much appreciated. We need a primary & High School, its very daunting trying to decide on such things from the other side of the world :unsure:

Thanks for any info.
Karen x

nelboy Jan 16th 2008 8:06 pm

Our police checks hit Oz today, so it is decision time for DIAC!!!!!

The house is on the market so we are set to go, all very scary and very exciting at the same time.

Nelboy.

Rainy Staines.

lee28 Jan 16th 2008 11:29 pm

can we get landed put on the list as we arrived on the 14th of january and were in St James at the moment.

:thumbsup:

mad.chef Jan 18th 2008 1:04 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Here is the updated list:

Kangy-roo Jan 18th 2008 2:44 pm

Hi, We are hoping to move to Oz in March, however previously perfectly healthy Mother in Law was rushed into hospital the day we put the house on the market, and is about to have open heart surgery and a triple bipass :( so it could be April.

nicknic Jan 18th 2008 3:52 pm

:thumbsup:we now have an offer on the house:thumbsup:

looking at flying between 20th and 26th april

now realy scared soooooo much to do:blink: