British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

temmpest Dec 17th 2007 10:28 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

No worries, always a pleasure to help.

If theyr'e into music and/or skating, Leederville skate park is a good place. Got a skate park right next to a place where bands often play, all the local ones anyway. And, its a drug and alco free place! Always something parents love to hear. :p :)

Kalamunda Wet & Wild, again, name speaks for itself, havent been there in ages though so it may not be as good as i remember.
Place like this good for younger kids is Hillarys water slides, quite a small place but got good enough slides, and mini golf. Plus, right next to marina.

AQWA, aquarium of WA, also at Hillarys. more of a family trip...

thing is most these places (besides leederville) are only good for a once off visit and can get overrated very quickly, hence why most teens just find their own lil spot to hang out. Only places i ever go anymore are the city, leederville, or movies.

mad.chef Dec 18th 2007 1:58 am

1 Attachment(s)
HERE IS THE LIST:

storms Dec 18th 2007 7:07 am

hi Lorraine and Karen

I am NOR with a 13 yr old & 9 yr old girls, love to meet over the holidays, picnic or something if your interested.

Storms :)

gsxrmad Dec 18th 2007 11:53 am

Originally Posted by storms (Post 5679828)
hi Lorraine and Karen

I am NOR with a 13 yr old & 9 yr old girls, love to meet over the holidays, picnic or something if your interested.

Storms :)

Hi Storms
Where abouts nor?
We are arranging to meet at sci tech next week hopefully if you are interested??
PM me for more details. Which school do the kids go to ?
Lorraine

nicknic Dec 18th 2007 12:51 pm

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to allyou settling in Perth

wish we could sell the house

mindblower Dec 18th 2007 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by nicknic (Post 5680705)
A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to allyou settling in Perth

wish we could sell the house

I'll second that !

Dave
(cold,wet,blustery ) - Oldham

ozchick Dec 28th 2007 12:08 pm

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that Bronte and I arrived safely on the 22nd. We are living with my mum at the moment, and it's already doing my head in!!! Can't move back into my place until I find a job so as to afford the mortgage!! Bummer.
Anyway, living in North Perth at the moment, but my place is in Duncraig.
Hope there is a meet up soon so I can meet a few people - even though Perth is my home town, it's been a long time since I have lived here.
Take care,
Jules

movin'on Dec 28th 2007 12:23 pm

Good morning everyone!
Can you please add us to the list? It's been a long, changable process but after a job offer on xmas eve we are heading to Perth in April 2008. My OH is a construction project manager, I am a teacher but won't be working for a while as we have baby number 3 on the way (due July). Have 2 small ones, Isla (4) and Charley (18months). Kind of excited and nervous about not working for a while - I always complain about working full time but I really am a people person so I'll be talking to the wall by 2pm in the afternoon!

I'll definately be looking for the meet ups once we arrive and I'll be asking for advice on suburbs etc - all the usual questions....... (no idea where we'll living..)

Looking forward to meeting you.
Jane :D

The_Effys Dec 29th 2007 12:32 am

Just noticed the messages from yesterday, busy week!

Originally Posted by ozchick (Post 5712144)
Hi, Just wanted to let you know that Bronte and I arrived safely on the 22nd. We are living with my mum at the moment, and it's already doing my head in!!! Can't move back into my place until I find a job so as to afford the mortgage!! Bummer.
Anyway, living in North Perth at the moment, but my place is in Duncraig.
Hope there is a meet up soon so I can meet a few people - even though Perth is my home town, it's been a long time since I have lived here.
Take care,
Jules

Hi Jules, glad you arrived safely :thumbup:

Originally Posted by movin'on (Post 5712171)
Good morning everyone!
Can you please add us to the list? It's been a long, changable process but after a job offer on xmas eve we are heading to Perth in April 2008. My OH is a construction project manager, I am a teacher but won't be working for a while as we have baby number 3 on the way (due July). Have 2 small ones, Isla (4) and Charley (18months). Kind of excited and nervous about not working for a while - I always complain about working full time but I really am a people person so I'll be talking to the wall by 2pm in the afternoon!

I'll definately be looking for the meet ups once we arrive and I'll be asking for advice on suburbs etc - all the usual questions....... (no idea where we'll living..)

Hi Jane, welcome :thumbsup: will hopefully add you to the list later today, just off to the beach now!

Happy new year all!

Chris :)

cookiemonster Dec 29th 2007 7:15 am

can anyone show a link where i can book a room rental in Perth for 2 years.

does kind people exists in to help you even if u don't know them?

Cheetah7 Dec 29th 2007 8:52 pm

Is there any update for anyone flying out to Perth the first week in March?:)

movin'on Dec 29th 2007 9:00 pm

Thanks! I'll keep reading the posts! Tee hee getting excited...

Tigeresswhite Dec 30th 2007 2:29 am

Originally Posted by janandjohn (Post 5676254)
Hi could you please update our details janice and john landed 11th December - now settled in Settlers Hill Baldivis. Managed to get the rental property we wanted straight away - fingers crossed we get the keys for Christmas. Having a ball so far - anyone fancy meeting up would be great - it would be nice to make some friends.

Living the dream at last

janice and john
:thumbsup:

Hi Guys
We have just moved in to Baldivis Central last week, just down the road from you and would like to have a meet up as we hardly know anyone here.

Nicky and Mark:thumbsup:

The_Effys Dec 30th 2007 11:34 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by movin'on (Post 5712171)
Good morning everyone!

Hi Jane, have got you on the list ;) at no.98 :) Just a couple of missing details - What's your OH's name Jane? & what age are you both?

Cheers, Chris :)

Here is the updated list:

BallochBiddy Dec 30th 2007 11:50 am

Hi so the list can be updated we will not be leaving until June 08. will post exact date when flights are booked.( at 69 just now)

Thanks Biddy