Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:55 am
  #751  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: northamptonshire
Posts: 108
gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Nicki Kefford
Hi everyone and good luck to all of you flying out soon!!

Is there anyone flying to Perth 7th of Feb from B'Ham on Emirates flight? If so, let me know.....it would be great to meet someone as mad as us..never been there before and only know people from expatsites etc...

Merry Christmas to you all anyway,

Nicki, Darryl, Harlea, Phoebe and mad dog Blue x
hi, we arrived in Perth 12th August 07'. NOR. Can we join the list? We would love to meet up with some people who have moved over with 16 to 18 year olds!!!!
Lorraine
gsxrmad is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:37 am
  #752  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 9
butterflysand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Everyone,
We arrived in the Perth area 4 weeks ago. Thats Darren (38), me (35), Kim (17) , Tas (13) & Elly (8). OH has now started work, and I'm left at home with the kids. The holiday feeling is starting to leave us, as we've been looking at schools etc. Its hard knowing that your friends are no longer just round the corner.
I"m sure I'm not the only one who's felt this way.
butterflysand is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:20 am
  #753  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: northamptonshire
Posts: 108
gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by butterflysand
Hi Everyone,
We arrived in the Perth area 4 weeks ago. Thats Darren (38), me (35), Kim (17) , Tas (13) & Elly (8). OH has now started work, and I'm left at home with the kids. The holiday feeling is starting to leave us, as we've been looking at schools etc. Its hard knowing that your friends are no longer just round the corner.
I"m sure I'm not the only one who's felt this way.
Hi, Yes I know what you mean. I have 3 kids the same ages!! How is your 17 year old coping?
Lorraine
gsxrmad is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:10 am
  #754  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,693
mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

[ QUOTE]

Hi there

Heading to "Rocky" soon hopefully.

Take your point re friends...hmmm

Dave
mindblower is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:14 am
  #755  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 9
butterflysand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
Hi, Yes I know what you mean. I have 3 kids the same ages!! How is your 17 year old coping?
Lorraine
At the moment not too bad, but she might be playing for time. Our plan was to come over for a year, and if it didn't work out, go back. Everyone was fine with this until about last March when she started saying she didn't want to come as she had met the love of her life, (still going strong!) Then at Heathrow departure lounge Darren told her give it 3 months, (I was not impressed), and we'll discuss it again regarding just her. Its a bit easier now she has some kind of social life, - more than me anyway! The 13 yr old hasn't made any new friends, but then she's more reserved, and the youngest has made friends in the street.
How are all yours coping? Sorry to go on, you can tell I've not had much conversation today!!
Sandra
butterflysand is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:18 am
  #756  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 9
butterflysand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mindblower
[ QUOTE]

Hi there

Heading to "Rocky" soon hopefully.

Take your point re friends...hmmm

Dave
Hi
Where in Rocky are you looking? We're still in short term rental at the mo, but we're hoping to be more settled in Safety Bay or Waikiki soon.
And yes, make sure you keep in touch with friends back home, some days it helps and other days it can make the isolation complete. Even my 8 year old now has her own email!!
Sandra
butterflysand is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:58 am
  #757  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: northamptonshire
Posts: 108
gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by butterflysand
At the moment not too bad, but she might be playing for time. Our plan was to come over for a year, and if it didn't work out, go back. Everyone was fine with this until about last March when she started saying she didn't want to come as she had met the love of her life, (still going strong!) Then at Heathrow departure lounge Darren told her give it 3 months, (I was not impressed), and we'll discuss it again regarding just her. Its a bit easier now she has some kind of social life, - more than me anyway! The 13 yr old hasn't made any new friends, but then she's more reserved, and the youngest has made friends in the street.
How are all yours coping? Sorry to go on, you can tell I've not had much conversation today!!
Sandra
That sounds just like my 17 year old son!! we were not sure he was coming !!!! Hot and cold !!!
My 13 year old is shy too!! And as for my 9year old going to dancing, gym etc lots of friends and loving it!!!!
Do you fancy meeting up??
We are going to freemantle tomorrow, kids are going to art classes on the beach, which the 13 year loves but will not go unless 9 year old goes with him!!
Lorraine. Are you working?
gsxrmad is offline  
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:31 pm
  #758  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mad.chef's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: ASHBY, Perth.
Posts: 675
mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
hi, we arrived in Perth 12th August 07'. NOR. Can we join the list? We would love to meet up with some people who have moved over with 16 to 18 year olds!!!!
Lorraine
Hi Lorraine,

I have added you to the list, can we have more details please?

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List[1].doc (304.0 KB, 165 views)
mad.chef is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:29 am
  #759  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 9
butterflysand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
That sounds just like my 17 year old son!! we were not sure he was coming !!!! Hot and cold !!!
My 13 year old is shy too!! And as for my 9year old going to dancing, gym etc lots of friends and loving it!!!!
Do you fancy meeting up??
We are going to freemantle tomorrow, kids are going to art classes on the beach, which the 13 year loves but will not go unless 9 year old goes with him!!
Lorraine. Are you working?
Hi Lorraine
I would love to meet up, but I'm a bit restricted, as I'm not driving yet. Thats the first thing I'll get sorted after xmas! I won't be working until March at the earliest, once the kids are settled in school. I'm not used to so much time on my hands. Where in the northern suburbs are you? Are you working yet, or enjoying some time out?
Sandra
butterflysand is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:10 am
  #760  
Karen555
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 44
karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Lorraine and Sandra

I have a 13 year old daughter who is struggling a bit at the moment. Only arrived three weeks ago so early days.

Perhaps we should arrange a teenage meet up in the hols to give them all something to do.

Let me know what you think

Karen
karen555 is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:32 am
  #761  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 9
butterflysand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by karen555
Hi Lorraine and Sandra

I have a 13 year old daughter who is struggling a bit at the moment. Only arrived three weeks ago so early days.

Perhaps we should arrange a teenage meet up in the hols to give them all something to do.

Let me know what you think

Karen
I think thats a great idea, whereabouts are you ? I'll have to bring the younger one as well though.
Sandra
butterflysand is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:38 am
  #762  
Karen555
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 44
karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

We're in Iluka, northern suburbs but I'm sure we could sort something out.

Karen
karen555 is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:46 am
  #763  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Rockingham WA
Posts: 9
butterflysand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by karen555
We're in Iluka, northern suburbs but I'm sure we could sort something out.

Karen
We can always meet in Perth or Freo. I know there are buses from my end and soon there will be the train!!
Sandra
butterflysand is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:04 am
  #764  
Karen555
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 44
karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Sounds good. Would be nice to plan a day in the holidays. Hopefully they would enjoy it, I'm sure we would!!

I also have a 12 year old son who I would bring along. The more the merrier I say.

Let me know when it would be good for you and we'll see what Lorraine says too.

See you
Karen
karen555 is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2007, 9:36 am
  #765  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: northamptonshire
Posts: 108
gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi,
That sounds great, I am already excited!! It doesn't take much to please me!!
Im in Hocking. How about a meet at sci-tech or something so the kids can interact???
(There is also a coffe bar for us)
I am working this week (nurse) But have 2 weeks off from saturday 22nd. (dont know how I managed that!!).
Lorraine
gsxrmad is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.