Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

brookkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

just to update the list-booked my flight for the 10th dec, after a couple of days in bkk i arrive in perth on the 14th. looks like i'm still the only singleton on the list then?? boo!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:02 pm
is hoping for the best

Location: dont know when now, but birmingham to perth soon :-(
english-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant futureenglish-rose has a brilliant future

thankyou!!!!!

i have no idea where we are going to settle.

we've never been before!

that fact is starting to bother me more and more!!

we have got our first viewing of our house we are selling on saturday

send me good luck vibes!!!

wouldnt it be lovely if she wanted the house and that was it, simple all done .
in my dreams!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by english-rose
thankyou!!!!!

i have no idea where we are going to settle.

we've never been before!

that fact is starting to bother me more and more!!

we have got our first viewing of our house we are selling on saturday

send me good luck vibes!!!

wouldnt it be lovely if she wanted the house and that was it, simple all done .
in my dreams!!!!!
Hi Rosie,

Good luck with the house sale. Where abouts in Birmingham are you? I used to live in Kings Heath before moving to Redditch in 1995.

Regarding picking an area it is hard, we knew we wanted to go North of the River as we have been here 13 years ago and that is where we stayed. We have never been to places like Secret Harbour, Rockingham and other places down south and found we just didn't have loads of time to look everywhere so we have settled in Ashby.

Hope to see you all soon.

Sarah
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

joners is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

first time on this.me my wife and kids have just started application process which is harder than we thought. hoping to move out to perth jan 08. could any plumbers let me know how they have found working in perth and is there a lot of differences.

has anyone got their skills assessment in december if so let me know how you found it.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

joners is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karlakoala
Congrats Sarah & Dave,

Hope everything goes well for you!

My family have just begun the visa application process and we hope to be heading out to WA, somewhere near Perth by the end of 2008.
we also have just started the application process. are you a migration agent
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Joners,

Welcome to the thread. Let us know if you want to be added to the list.

Sarah
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

I have been looking through the list and highlighted quite a few of you that have arrived. Keep us posted on your whereabouts so we can adjust your details.

Sarah

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List[1].doc (290.0 KB, 90 views)
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:21 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

well we arrived on the 7th november, currently staying up in the hills with some rellies, bought a car, got a bank account, registered for medicare, got a drivers licence, got my tfn, and start a job making ships on monday, it all seems to be happening very quickly, but thank god for my tomtom sat nav, without it i would have been knackered, the place is so big, but theres no landmarks to speak of, so it takes a while to get your bearings, trying to buy a block of land to build on, might prove to be the hardest thing to do. ah well, loving it so far as is the rest of the family
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:41 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

We will arrive in perth on 8th December! Hoorah!

is there anything planned for little ones over Christmas?

Maverick - any recommendations on where to get a TomTom?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brookkat
just to update the list-booked my flight for the 10th dec, after a couple of days in bkk i arrive in perth on the 14th. looks like i'm still the only singleton on the list then?? boo!!!!
Hi

I have adjusted your details for you. I'm sure there are a few singletons on the list. Every one here is really friendly, you won't have any trouble making new friends.

Sarah
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List[1].doc (293.5 KB, 75 views)
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:49 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
We will arrive in perth on 8th December! Hoorah!

is there anything planned for little ones over Christmas?

Maverick - any recommendations on where to get a TomTom?
i brought my own with me, but to be honest , you can buy one from anywhere here, though they do seem to favour garmin over tomtom
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

morley_sarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Harvey Norman & Strathfield have a really good selection of TomTom.

I got the TomTom Rider V2 from Harvey Norman last week
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

janandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nice

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi can you please update list OH flys 2nd December lands 3rd December I fly 9th December land 11th December - anyone flying on those dates manchester to perth with emirates please let us know - we are both flying alone!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

please add us to the list

we are going to perth as soon as we sell the house

thats me the wife and the kids (2 boys) 18 & 11

thanks Nicknic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.