British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

daunted Nov 4th 2007 12:04 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by The_Effys (Post 5508899)
Hi all, sorry I haven't replied quicker, been quite busy these last few days

Congrats LisaT on getting your Visa have added your flight to the list, what day do you land in Perth?

Daunted & Tigeresswhite, have updated your flight details :thumbup:

Good to see you caggsy & Jason the other day, give us a call if you need anything :thumbup:

Got a busy week this week :blink: container being delivered tomorrow + Sharon starts her new job & Kyle is starting a new school! Bought a second car(little A to B runabout!) & got a medical for my job on Tuesday & a load of stuff being delivered Wednesday then move into new rental at the weekend, phew! :blink: I'm sure all of you that have done it remember what it's like :lol:

All the best,

Chris :)

Here is the updated list:

Hey its good seeing it in black and white hey:thumbsup: All abit manic here today. I have activated my westpac account and my ozforex account, changed all email addresses for bills etc over to my oz one, cancelled lots of direct debits and requested final bills, OMG im drowning under paper work - now about to unplug freezer & fridge to defrost ready to be collected tomorrow eve. Oh nd shippers collecting boxes in morning :thumbsup: PHEW!! ok whats next????????????????? its really happening isnt it?:thumbsup::wub:

Cheetah7 Nov 4th 2007 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 5508955)
Hey its good seeing it in black and white hey:thumbsup: All abit manic here today. I have activated my westpac account and my ozforex account, changed all email addresses for bills etc over to my oz one, cancelled lots of direct debits and requested final bills, OMG im drowning under paper work - now about to unplug freezer & fridge to defrost ready to be collected tomorrow eve. Oh nd shippers collecting boxes in morning :thumbsup: PHEW!! ok whats next????????????????? its really happening isnt it?:thumbsup::wub:

My goodness you are a fast operator! I think you should come round and do my flat next:thumbsup:

daunted Nov 4th 2007 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 5508996)
My goodness you are a fast operator! I think you should come round and do my flat next:thumbsup:

:eek: sorry - after all this I dont care if i never see another packing box as long as i live!! Well apart from the 20 that are currently stacked up in my hall - i would quite like to see them again :eek::thumbsup::wub:

Tigeresswhite Nov 4th 2007 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 5509052)
:eek: sorry - after all this I dont care if i never see another packing box as long as i live!! Well apart from the 20 that are currently stacked up in my hall - i would quite like to see them again :eek::thumbsup::wub:

:thumbsup:Funny that Daunted we have 20 boxes in our hall as well:thumbup:
Are you sending most of your stuff? We have decided not to..... good job really as the fridge door has decided to fall off and the washing machine is packing up. Fingers crossed I can get 2 more weeks out of them.

Nicky;)

daunted Nov 4th 2007 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite (Post 5509267)
:thumbsup:Funny that Daunted we have 20 boxes in our hall as well:thumbup:
Are you sending most of your stuff? We have decided not to..... good job really as the fridge door has decided to fall off and the washing machine is packing up. Fingers crossed I can get 2 more weeks out of them.

Nicky;)

:rofl: No those 20 boxes are IT!! everything else is either sold or about to be sold!! I have this NEEEEEEEED to have my house shell like THEN and ONLY then will i feel organised:rofl::wub:

pam0512 Nov 5th 2007 1:42 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 5509323)
:rofl: No those 20 boxes are IT!! everything else is either sold or about to be sold!! I have this NEEEEEEEED to have my house shell like THEN and ONLY then will i feel organised:rofl::wub:

We only brought 10 boxes (REALLY good sort out) and have bought new here....it's not that expensive to buy funiture / electrical goods etc if you shop around.....also we have only bought the basics until we find our own home....the houses here are all diferent so we didn't want to buy too much then to find we didn't need it / couldn't fit it into our own place.
Good luck guys,

Pam x x

mum01753 Nov 5th 2007 6:51 am

Originally Posted by pam0512 (Post 5511767)
We only brought 10 boxes (REALLY good sort out) and have bought new here....it's not that expensive to buy funiture / electrical goods etc if you shop around.....also we have only bought the basics until we find our own home....the houses here are all diferent so we didn't want to buy too much then to find we didn't need it / couldn't fit it into our own place.
Good luck guys,

Pam x x

Thats what we are gonna do, but i was thinking 5 boxes lol.

tomy2tums Nov 5th 2007 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by The_Effys (Post 5508899)
Got a busy week this week :blink: container being delivered tomorrow + Sharon starts her new job & Kyle is starting a new school! Bought a second car(little A to B runabout!) & got a medical for my job on Tuesday & a load of stuff being delivered Wednesday then move into new rental at the weekend, phew! :blink: I'm sure all of you that have done it remember what it's like :lol:

If you need a hand just shout

The_Effys Nov 6th 2007 3:01 am

Originally Posted by tomy2tums (Post 5515367)
If you need a hand just shout

Ok, thanks :)

Real cheesed off this morning, went for my medical at 8am & after some searching by the receptionist, was told that it was actually on Friday at 7:45am, "ah" i said, "not good!" so I phoned work & she assured me it was 8am today, so she phoned the medical centre & there had been a mis-communication & would I like to go this afternoon at 1:45! :frown: I agreed as I just want to get it over & done with but I've been fasting since midnight & I am bloody staaaaaarviiiiiiiing!! :curse: Pretty sure i've got enough round me waist to survive another few days but honestly ;)

Chris :)

ianhutch1 Nov 6th 2007 6:10 am

Morning all, just checked on the status site and our Health Requirements have changed to Finalised :D:D:D

Whats the process from here, I assume all this means is that the meds have been received and are okay?

DMH Nov 6th 2007 7:09 am

Originally Posted by ianhutch1 (Post 5516539)
Morning all, just checked on the status site and our Health Requirements have changed to Finalised :D:D:D

Whats the process from here, I assume all this means is that the meds have been received and are okay?

We depart the UK on 29th Dec. New years eve in Singapore, then our new life begins in Perth on Jan 1st.

nelboy Nov 6th 2007 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ianhutch1 (Post 5516539)

Please excuse my ignorance but how do you check your status, at what site do you do this and I assume this can only be done once a reference number has been given to us?

Thanks for any relpy,

Neil.

ianhutch1 Nov 6th 2007 9:02 am

Hi Neil,

The site is here and yes you will need the TRN reference which is given to you when the application is submitted.

Cheers,
Ian

nelboy Nov 6th 2007 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ianhutch1 (Post 5517076)
Hi Neil,

The site is here and yes you will need the TRN reference which is given to you when the application is submitted.

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks Ian,

Our application (136 skilled) has been received by DIAC, 3 months after it was sent (We are applying through an agent). DIAC have said that they will give us a file reference number within 3 months of the recept date. The link you gave looks like it is for online applicants or is it for everyone with an ongoing application?

Thanks again,

Neil.

ianhutch1 Nov 6th 2007 9:13 am

We have applied for our 457 visa through an agent but he gave me the reference after I asked for it, may be worth you contacting yours to see if he has one.