British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Settling in Perth 2007/8 List (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/settling-perth-2007-8-list-469263/)

mad.chef Jul 28th 2007 10:39 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by claire33 (Post 5115733)
Hi,

Not on the list as we are already here, but will probably tag along to the BBQ to meet some new faces.

Advice that I would give to those soon to depart sunny England would be, enjoy your last few weeks with your friends and family, I can remember thinking " oh we still have a few weeks left", but it comes around so quickly and I probably didn't get to spend as much time with some people as I would of liked to. Also get a book for people to sign, its nice to sit back and read once you are here.

Good luck to you all and see you soon.

Claire :D

Hi Claire,

Tag along by all means, it will be nice having people that are already settled to speak to. How long have you been over and how are you finding it?

Sarah.

mad.chef Jul 28th 2007 10:49 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by terrington-evans (Post 5116098)
Hi,

Just checking into this new Thread - As it's all taken a year feom start to finish and now I finish work next friday, Movers & hand over house keys to new owners the following Tuesday, 3 weeks with family and believe it or not this time next month we should be at our rental in Warnbro - Don't know if I'm starting to get excited or scared at this stage!!!!!!!!!


Looking forward to meeting every one when we all meet up.


Mark

Hi Mark,

Bet you are more excited than nervous. I wish we had gone earlier but we decided to have the summer here and spend more time letting the in-laws get used to the idea. Well regarding the summer here what a waste of time!

Our shippers are coming at the beginning of September and we are sending our stuff a month before we go. Still loads to do, planned to have loads of car boots but with the weather we think it will be the charity shop instead.

How did you decide on an area to settle? Have you been to it before?

Sarah

The_Effys Jul 28th 2007 11:02 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

tried to reply to some posts on here last night but computer was playing up!!

I have updated the list, we are now on page 3! :blink:

Dave(daveplumber), had you down as flying on 20th but you say you land on 20th??

Dave(dave99) I wonder if you could give us a bit more info, jobs ages & where you will be staying in Perth when you get there, but don't worry too much as it's not compulsory! ;)

Here is the updated list:

claire33 Jul 28th 2007 12:06 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5116124)
Hi Claire,

Tag along by all means, it will be nice having people that are already settled to speak to. How long have you been over and how are you finding it?

Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

We have been here for 16 months, have settled in Secret Harbour which is just lovely :D

The move over has been very uneventful (thankfully) and we have all settled in really well, not once have we had any doubts that we have made the right decision, of course for a start its difficult with missing people etc..but it really does get easier.

Oh and another piece of advice make sure you all bring some warm clothes, as it can get a bit chilly in the evenings through the winter.

Claire :)

terrington-evans Jul 28th 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
hi Sarah,

we liked the look of the Rockingham area, particularly Port Kennedy from seeing the BBC program Wanted down Under. we didn't realise it was expat central! house prices seem very reasonable, plus some of the people Mark will be working with live there too.

will be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks, mum lives in Malvern. all the best, see you maybe soon.

Helen

The_Effys Jul 28th 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi James, thanks for your PM & details, have added them to the list below :thumbup:

All the best,

Chris :)

Here is the updated list:

Phoenix Jul 29th 2007 4:53 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
Arrived in April - settling in nicely thanks :)

pam0512 Jul 29th 2007 10:13 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
Hi Guys,

Hope all going well with you lot......we are steaming ahead getting ready to leave UK on 24th August!! we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Perth on 28th....
Can't believe how much work is involved in going abroad.....it's never ending, just when you think you've told everybody about your move you discover there's another company you need to contact!! when will it end???
House sold and (hopefully) going through okay this time....don't think completion will be until after we've left but there's nothing we can do about that now. OH finishes work on Friday, can't wait cos I will then have some help with the packing up and entertaining of kids in the gloriously wonderful Welsh summer!!:rofl:
We are going to be staying with a friend in Joondalup until we find the right schools then we'll house hunt for a rental in that area, we've got a cat and dog so I think rentals might be a bit awkward, but we will have to wait and see.
Best wishes to everyone and see you at the BIG BBQ!!.....

Pam x x :D

mad.chef Jul 29th 2007 10:18 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pam0512 (Post 5119619)
Hi Guys,

Hope all going well with you lot......we are steaming ahead getting ready to leave UK on 24th August!! we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Perth on 28th....
Can't believe how much work is involved in going abroad.....it's never ending, just when you think you've told everybody about your move you discover there's another company you need to contact!! when will it end???
House sold and (hopefully) going through okay this time....don't think completion will be until after we've left but there's nothing we can do about that now. OH finishes work on Friday, can't wait cos I will then have some help with the packing up and entertaining of kids in the gloriously wonderful Welsh summer!!:rofl:
We are going to be staying with a friend in Joondalup until we find the right schools then we'll house hunt for a rental in that area, we've got a cat and dog so I think rentals might be a bit awkward, but we will have to wait and see.
Best wishes to everyone and see you at the BIG BBQ!!.....

Pam x x :D

Hi Pam,

I have adjusted your details on the list fro leaving and arrival date. We are going to Joondalup and can't wait to get there, keep us posted when you arrive on what it is like.

Sarah:)

HERE IS THE LIST:

pam0512 Jul 29th 2007 10:24 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
Hi Sarah,

Have you ever been to Joondalup?? We stayed near there when we visited last year and we went in to the BIG shopping complex but didn't really look around....getting excited now!!
Thanks for updating our details.
Pam x x

The_Effys Jul 29th 2007 10:35 am

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pam0512 (Post 5119619)
Hi Guys,

Hope all going well with you lot......we are steaming ahead getting ready to leave UK on 24th August!! we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Perth on 28th....
Can't believe how much work is involved in going abroad.....it's never ending, just when you think you've told everybody about your move you discover there's another company you need to contact!! when will it end???
House sold and (hopefully) going through okay this time....don't think completion will be until after we've left but there's nothing we can do about that now. OH finishes work on Friday, can't wait cos I will then have some help with the packing up and entertaining of kids in the gloriously wonderful Welsh summer!!:rofl:
We are going to be staying with a friend in Joondalup until we find the right schools then we'll house hunt for a rental in that area, we've got a cat and dog so I think rentals might be a bit awkward, but we will have to wait and see.
Best wishes to everyone and see you at the BIG BBQ!!.....

Pam x x :D

Hi Pam,

Glad evrything is going ok, you land the same day as Mark & Helen(terrington-evans) I wonder if your last leg is the same flight?

Hi dave99, have updated your details also :)

Cheers,

Chris :)

Here is the updated list:

daveplumber Jul 29th 2007 1:10 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by The_Effys (Post 5116152)
Hi all,

tried to reply to some posts on here last night but computer was playing up!!

I have updated the list, we are now on page 3! :blink:

Dave(daveplumber), had you down as flying on 20th but you say you land on 20th??

Dave(dave99) I wonder if you could give us a bit more info, jobs ages & where you will be staying in Perth when you get there, but don't worry too much as it's not compulsory! ;)

Here is the updated list:

Definitely arriving 20th Leaving uk 14th, thanks
Dave

Bobcat Jul 29th 2007 7:10 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by daveplumber (Post 5115899)
Hi all our container left yesterday so 2 weeks time we are on our way after a break in singapore we will be arriving on the 20th August, we will be staying in Carramar for the first 6 weeks, Bobcats going to be picking us up as i see he is also in Carramar ;) And as he was a plumber he can tell me the score on licensing:curse:
Dave

No worries............... you can have a loan of my oxy-acetylene plant too if you want.......... I hardly use it these days?:thumbsup:

lolylew Jul 30th 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 

Originally Posted by mad.chef (Post 5119646)
Hi Pam,

I have adjusted your details on the list fro leaving and arrival date. We are going to Joondalup and can't wait to get there, keep us posted when you arrive on what it is like.

Sarah:)

HERE IS THE LIST:

hi,
i have pm'd you with our details
thanks
lisa

(wasnt sure who to pm as i see two of you are updating the list? hope its ok?)

mad.chef Jul 30th 2007 8:18 pm

Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi Amandajayne and Lolylew,

I have updated and added you to the list.

Sarah

HERE'S THE LIST:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.