Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
We have also arrived safe and well and are in our rental at secret harbour, unfortunately our dog couldn't come over as she failed 3 blood tests (erlichia test) but we have re-booked the tests and kennels for November, so fingers crossed for us. Kids start school on Monday at Comet Bay Primary.

See you all at the meet up!
Karin & Peter
Fingers crossed for the Erlichia tests, one lady on here kept at it and it took months but eventually her dog passed

Good luck with your new life
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi all,

We have arrived safe and well. Great to see you at the airport Mark and Helen, so you had no probs with your things going through customs etc....glad for you. We had no probs either.
Arrived at our friends house, bought a car (just got to pay for it!!) visited the cat and dog in HMP Byford!! They are both well and seem to be fine and coping okay. Looking for a rental and school over the next week so fingers crossed we will sort that out soon. OH has 3 job interviews next week so fingers crossed something will come out of that (I need him out of my hair so I can sort everything out!!!) Applied for tax file no, got medicare forms and bank accounts sorted, so we seem to be on track I think......gonna check the checklist to see what else we need to sort out.
Funny thing, we have been here in Joondalup since Tuesday and we've only met 5 Aussies!!!everyone else was British, it really is quite strange

Anyway, good luck to those of you coming soon. When is the bar-b-que???

Pam x x x
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

An end to a stressful week! Crowne came and packed our belongings, they were great, very helpful, fast and courteous. Seemed strange after the seal going on then all your things driving off down the road!!!! Only to go upstairs and find a BIG storage box under the one bed we had left behind, full of wedding and christening photos!!!! We've contacte Crowne and they are going to see if they can squeeze it in with someone elses!
Moved out of our house yesterday and are now homeless for 12 days! ARGH! Visiting family and friends, and supposed to be chilling out!

Don't know when it is going to sink in yet, i'm a bit emotional today, trying work out our schedule for the next 12 days. Can't believe the time has nearly come. Phillip is relieved everything has gone ok and the house has sold and the money in the bank. Megan is very excited and Connor is very confused, stressed and doesn't want to leave his friends and family, he doesn't normally give hugs to anyone but is happily giving loads, which is pleasing to see!

Looking forward to meeting up with you all when we can, and putting faces to names.

sharon X
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Can we go on your lovely list? Jamie 28 Electrician Louise 22 Admin Assistant leave UK 25th Sept, land in Perth 3rd Nov. We are initially living in Subiaco
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:39 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
An end to a stressful week! Crowne came and packed our belongings, they were great, very helpful, fast and courteous. Seemed strange after the seal going on then all your things driving off down the road!!!! Only to go upstairs and find a BIG storage box under the one bed we had left behind, full of wedding and christening photos!!!! We've contacte Crowne and they are going to see if they can squeeze it in with someone elses!
Moved out of our house yesterday and are now homeless for 12 days! ARGH! Visiting family and friends, and supposed to be chilling out!

Don't know when it is going to sink in yet, i'm a bit emotional today, trying work out our schedule for the next 12 days. Can't believe the time has nearly come. Phillip is relieved everything has gone ok and the house has sold and the money in the bank. Megan is very excited and Connor is very confused, stressed and doesn't want to leave his friends and family, he doesn't normally give hugs to anyone but is happily giving loads, which is pleasing to see!

Looking forward to meeting up with you all when we can, and putting faces to names.

sharon X
Hi again,

We can relate to your story really well! My Sharon is getting very emotional now & the doubt is starting to creep in getting harder & harder keeping it together.

Crown are coming on Monday & we are nowhere near ready!! So much to do & friends & family keep asking us out to one last dinner or one last drink & we've had to turn some of them down because we just haven't got the time Got to clean all the shoes yet & sort out what clothes were gonna take in suitcases.

If the your box fits in our container you are quite welcome to put it in, but we wont know how much space we have got left(if any ) till the last hour or so?

Anyway, see you on the other side,

Chris

Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

webb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nice
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Sarah

I'm new to this thread, can you add our names to the list please.

I'm Angie (44) Recruitment Officer, Frank (52) Retired Firefighter. We're moving to Bunbury on 5th October 2007 from Glasgow.

We're using Crown Relocations so am glad to read some positive reviews about them. You also don't realise how many brits are moving to Oz until you join a site like this, it's amazing.

I would just like to say good luck to everyone!!!!

Angie
x
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

gillndavie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We are new to this thread as well, could you please add our details.

I'm Gillian (41) Fire Safety Advisor, OH is David (44) Welder, sons are Craig (19) Car Salesman, Scott (17), Ross (16) and Fraser (10).

We are hoping to move to Secret Harbour area at the start of 2008, providing we can sell our house.

Good luck to all going through the move at present and wishing it was us.

Gill
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

steeleys is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi All

We should be completing on our house this friday and hope to get our flights booked but I was just looking at the baggage allowance for migrants - does anyone offer it anymore?

Quantas offer 40kg but it will cost us an extra £240 each!!!

I know its been mentioned before somewhere but I cant remember what was said - any comments appreciated.

Good luck to all - time keeps racing by doesnt it!!!

fay & garry
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

nicolamilne is an unknown quantity at this point

i phoned Quantas and they told me it was 20KG per person and if we go over, its a $48 per KG charge!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

burkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really nice

Hi

Emirates have 40kg, just be aware that you have to tell them when you are booking the flight that you are emigrating
Read below

The baggage allowance of 20kg in Economy Class is standard across the Emirates network and you also have 7kgs hand luggage for each adult.

For passengers migrating to Australia/New Zealand there is an additional allowance of 20kgs per adult/child (meaning 40kgs in total per adult/child) agreed between British and Australian governments), however it is subject to strict controls:

*It is valid for UK departing passengers holding British passports only.

*The passengers must hold a migration visa (which should be attached in the passengers passport) stating INDEFINITE STAY. The allowance will not be provided for visas marked with 1, 5, 10year etc Business Visa (even though the intention might be to obtain indefinite stay on arrival).

*It is not valid if you have a stopover (i.e. exit the airport) in Dubai or anywhere else on the way.

*Tickets must be one-way (no return date or open returns)

*This allowance does not apply to Business or First Class.

*You must not have entered the country on the visa already.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
Can we go on your lovely list? Jamie 28 Electrician Louise 22 Admin Assistant leave UK 25th Sept, land in Perth 3rd Nov. We are initially living in Subiaco
very trendy!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

burkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really niceburkesdownunder is just really nice

Could you please add us to the list

Trevor(45)mech fitter, Janet(39)accounts clerk, caitlin(8), liam(6)

fly out on 21/01/2008 land on 22/01/2008

starting out in Armadale

Thank you

Burkesdownunder
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:24 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burkesdownunder
Could you please add us to the list

Trevor(45)mech fitter, Janet(39)accounts clerk, caitlin(8), liam(6)

fly out on 21/01/2008 land on 22/01/2008

starting out in Armadale

Thank you

Burkesdownunder
We will br flying sometime around then but havent booked flights yet. Who have you gone with? did you get a good deal ?

Ps......i have a Trevor too
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:53 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon

sharon X

Oops! Lucky you found the box! Our photographs are the only thing I was worried about going astray, something you can never replace. Anyway sounds like you're well in control now. Relax and enjoy your chilling out time. Safe journey!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:02 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi again,

We can relate to your story really well! My Sharon is getting very emotional now & the doubt is starting to creep in getting harder & harder keeping it together.

Crown are coming on Monday & we are nowhere near ready!! So much to do & friends & family keep asking us out to one last dinner or one last drink & we've had to turn some of them down because we just haven't got the time Got to clean all the shoes yet & sort out what clothes were gonna take in suitcases.

If the your box fits in our container you are quite welcome to put it in, but we wont know how much space we have got left(if any ) till the last hour or so?

Anyway, see you on the other side,

Chris

Chris - throw the shoes away and go ant enjoy your last drinks with your buddies Safe journey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.