Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Don2211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi,

One of my mates moved out there 2 years ago 9he's all I know).

Daunted? I had not really thought it about it to be honest until I started reading through some of the posts on this website.
Ive always thought about doing it, now its time to do it. But the closer it gets to doing it the more daunting it gets

P.S
I'll send you a PM in 2 mins
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:33 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Don2211
Hi,

Im new to this thread, Just waiting on my visa coming thorugh (had my medial 4 weeks ago)

I will be moving to Perth in January hopefully. Just had a look at the list and I noticed that it was all couples or familys who are moving out there.

I have applied for a 136 skilled visa and will be taking the big step by myself.
Hi Don,

Welcome to the thread I think you're right, you are the only single on there, I never noticed that Don't let it stop you from coming to the big BBQ though

What do you intend to do when you're out there? Have you got a job, sponsorship or anything?

I don't think you will have long to wait now till the VISA GRANTED email!

All the best,

Chris

Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Don2211
Hi,

One of my mates moved out there 2 years ago 9he's all I know).

Daunted? I had not really thought it about it to be honest until I started reading through some of the posts on this website.
Ive always thought about doing it, now its time to do it. But the closer it gets to doing it the more daunting it gets

P.S
I'll send you a PM in 2 mins
Hi Don,

I have added you on to the list.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Don2211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mate,

I work in telecoms here just now (BT) so I could do a job like that, but my mate is a manager in a sales company, and makes a good amount of money just now and he can get me a job to start me off- keeping my options open.
I dont have any sponsorship.

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Don,

Welcome to the thread I think you're right, you are the only single on there, I never noticed that Don't let it stop you from coming to the big BBQ though

What do you intend to do when you're out there? Have you got a job, sponsorship or anything?

I don't think you will have long to wait now till the VISA GRANTED email!

All the best,

Chris

Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gina,

Sorry to hear about your house troubles. I have adjusted the list for you.

Sarah.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Hi all

Not sure if we have finished with the old thread but will put on here.

Its been a bit of a nightmare today phone has not stop trying to sort out this bl***y easement. I think from the last phone call today 5.40 we just need some signatures from us and our neighbours and guess what they went on holiday last thrusday for two weeks:curse: and i was just saying yesterday that i was not getting stressed. So we have not exchange today.

Have now got to try and get hold of them which they may not be to happy about but what the hell.

Would be greatful for some karma to help us.

phillip
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nicola,

Just read your post on the other thread. I have changed your leaving date to the 5th November, not sure if your arrival date is correct. If not let me know.

Sarah

To Phillip and Sharon,

I hope all goes well with the house sale, I am sending you positive thoughts!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

Been watching this thread and the other one. sorry I havent added our names to the list yet but we havent informed work yet and we have recognised some people on BE. We have kept all this a secret from work colleagues for 2 yrs and dont want to let the cat out of the bag just yet!!!

We have visas, just waiting for someone to buy the house, and we are off. we are going to Mandurah - Halls Head area (Seascapes).

The waiting is killing me.
Will add names before we go and hope to meet up with you all one day in Perth.

Old Jul 27th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi there,

Add your names whenever you are ready. Hope all goes well.

We have been lucky with OH work as they have known from the very beginning of our process, they have travelled alot themselves and were fine about it. He actually handed in his notice the other day and his job is being advertised. He won't actually leave till the end of September but they have been great.

Sarah
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Thanks for that. OH, his work kind of knows as he had to get boss to sign TRA. OH is BT engineer. Mine knows nowt (hard work trying to keep a secret when all you want to do is sing from the rooftops). We are in our early 30's and have no children yet. We have been to Perth 3 times now and love it.

We are definite on Seascapes area of Halls Head. Was out there in June to validate the visas and I didnt want to come home, nearly didnt.

Hope to be there by end of Sept/mid Oct depending of house sale - market is so slow at the moment.

Look foward to that barbie in Perth

Old Jul 28th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, myself (dave) and partner clair are new to the site, we have been in australia for almost a year on the working holiday visa in Adelaide.

We have recently been granted our permanent visas and have just moved to Perth this July, we are hoping to settle and stay here please add us to the list !.

Since we are new we also know no one in Perth so we might pop along to one of the meet ups once we are all settled
Old Jul 28th 2007, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mad.chef
As suggested by The_Effys we are starting a new thread. Anyone going to be settling in Perth in 2007/2008? We would love to hear from new people who maybe not on the other list and those of you already on the list.

Any information people have that they think will be beneficial to others in the same boat is really appreciated, reminds us of all the things we have to get done.

Sarah/Dave
Hi,

Not on the list as we are already here, but will probably tag along to the BBQ to meet some new faces.

Advice that I would give to those soon to depart sunny England would be, enjoy your last few weeks with your friends and family, I can remember thinking " oh we still have a few weeks left", but it comes around so quickly and I probably didn't get to spend as much time with some people as I would of liked to. Also get a book for people to sign, its nice to sit back and read once you are here.

Good luck to you all and see you soon.

Claire
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:30 am
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Hi all our container left yesterday so 2 weeks time we are on our way after a break in singapore we will be arriving on the 20th August, we will be staying in Carramar for the first 6 weeks, Bobcats going to be picking us up as i see he is also in Carramar And as he was a plumber he can tell me the score on licensing:curse:
All of you have a good journey, by the way im too lazy to check out when the barbecue actually is could anyone shed some light please.
Dave
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Dave the plumber,

No decisions on the big BBQ as yet as most of us are still over here. I think the best thing to do is wait until most of us are over and have had a chance to settle in and then arrange something.

We will keep everyone posted.

Sarah/Dave
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

terrington-evans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi,

Just checking into this new Thread - As it's all taken a year feom start to finish and now I finish work next friday, Movers & hand over house keys to new owners the following Tuesday, 3 weeks with family and believe it or not this time next month we should be at our rental in Warnbro - Don't know if I'm starting to get excited or scared at this stage!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting every one when we all meet up.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.