Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

yogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the roughyogita_dabasia is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi, we are a family of 4 (hubby 34, me 33, kids 4 and 2) and are flying to Perth this Friday from Heathrow. Will be satying with a friend's uncle for a couple of days, but will be checking out Perth, Sydney and Melbourne over 3 weeks with a view to move by July 2008. Can people recommend surburbs to visit? We don't know where to buy a house, which surburbs are nice etc...I want to settle in Perth for some bizarre reason though having never been there before!!!

Anyone else flying on Friday from Heathrow, would be good to hear as we don't know any people out there..
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:26 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by yogita_dabasia
Hi, we are a family of 4 (hubby 34, me 33, kids 4 and 2) and are flying to Perth this Friday from Heathrow. Will be satying with a friend's uncle for a couple of days, but will be checking out Perth, Sydney and Melbourne over 3 weeks with a view to move by July 2008. Can people recommend surburbs to visit? We don't know where to buy a house, which surburbs are nice etc...I want to settle in Perth for some bizarre reason though having never been there before!!!

Anyone else flying on Friday from Heathrow, would be good to hear as we don't know any people out there..
hi there,i would say Secret Harbour,Baldivis,Safty Bay,Wellard
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yogita_dabasia

Hi,

We fly out on Friday from Heathrow at 18.30pm, to Singapore where we are staying for a couple of nights before onwards to Perth!! Might see you in the departure lounge........I will be the one with a hubby and 2 girls looking shattered!!!

Thanks for the good wishes Sarah, good luck to the rest of you sorting everything out ready to go, can't say I'm missing that part, just wait till you start to pack!!!! What a nightmare!!

Pam x x
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi, just checked out this thread, canI be added to list for 2007/8. How do I get my details added if so ????
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Hi all

Have not been on here for the last few days as it has been very stressful this end, its a long story so i will not bore you all as it is house stuff, i would say that anybody selling do not tell them that you are emigrating.

Anyway we have exchanged on the house today and are moving out on the 31st Aug. Crown are coming in on the 29th and 30th. I have just booked our flights (arm and a leg), we are flying with Qantas from heathrow on the 13th sept 12.15 and arrive in perth at 14.10 on the 14th. Would be grateful madchef if you could update for us.

Good news is looks like have a job just waiting on the big boss to come back from his hol's to find out what package they are going to offer me.

hope every ones plans are going ok.

phillip
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Excellent news, hope all goes well for you!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

sarah changed my details hope this ok

Settling in Perth 2007 and 2008.doc

love tiffany
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:26 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi all

Have not been on here for the last few days as it has been very stressful this end, its a long story so i will not bore you all as it is house stuff, i would say that anybody selling do not tell them that you are emigrating.

Anyway we have exchanged on the house today and are moving out on the 31st Aug. Crown are coming in on the 29th and 30th. I have just booked our flights (arm and a leg), we are flying with Qantas from heathrow on the 13th sept 12.15 and arrive in perth at 14.10 on the 14th. Would be grateful madchef if you could update for us.

Good news is looks like have a job just waiting on the big boss to come back from his hol's to find out what package they are going to offer me.

hope every ones plans are going ok.

phillip
Great News Phillip! I agree don't tell buyers your emigrating when you sell your house - they think they've got you over a barrell!

Good luck with the job - presume your still in the plumbing game? Have you got yourself licenced yet?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Great News Phillip! I agree don't tell buyers your emigrating when you sell your house - they think they've got you over a barrell!

Good luck with the job - presume your still in the plumbing game? Have you got yourself licenced yet?
Hi Caggsy

Your up early. No have not got my licence, in the uk i had my own company installing medical & industrial gas pipework, only handful of companies in the uk and even less in oz and as to fitters well they are even harder to find than plumbers, so i have been offered a supervisors position and to help grow the company so should be fun, theres me thinking i was coming over for a rest.

phillip.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:22 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi Caggsy

Your up early. No have not got my licence, in the uk i had my own company installing medical & industrial gas pipework, only handful of companies in the uk and even less in oz and as to fitters well they are even harder to find than plumbers, so i have been offered a supervisors position and to help grow the company so should be fun, theres me thinking i was coming over for a rest.

phillip.
Like to start work nice and early - interviewing for my replacement today - hope to leave end of September which will give me 3 weeks off to say cheerio to folks!

Brilliant news on the job front for you. Bet Sharon's pleased! Never heard of medical pipework Jason probably has.

Anyway best of luck! See you on the other side - we arrive on 24th Oct so not far behind!

Must dash - first interview at 8:30!

C
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jox_co
Hi, just checked out this thread, canI be added to list for 2007/8. How do I get my details added if so ????
Hi,

You can either post your details on this thread or PM me and I will add you onto the list.

Sarah.

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

I have just been updating the list and there seem to be a few people who are going soon or are already there. If anyone wants anything updating on the list, let us know and we will do it if you can't do it yourself.

I have highlighted Storms as they are there, hope all is going well.

Sarah.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Like to start work nice and early - interviewing for my replacement today - hope to leave end of September which will give me 3 weeks off to say cheerio to folks!

Brilliant news on the job front for you. Bet Sharon's pleased! Never heard of medical pipework Jason probably has.

Anyway best of luck! See you on the other side - we arrive on 24th Oct so not far behind!

Must dash - first interview at 8:30!

C
Hi caggsy

Medical pipework is mainly in the hospitals, oxygen, air and that lovely gas you ladies like when you are in pain when having a baby. Does Jason carry out plumbing in houses or on the commercial sites.

Hope your job interviews went ok.

phillip
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi All,

I have just been updating the list and there seem to be a few people who are going soon or are already there. If anyone wants anything updating on the list, let us know and we will do it if you can't do it yourself.

I have highlighted Storms as they are there, hope all is going well.

Sarah.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Sarah

Thanks for updating us.

Phillip.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Hi Sarah

Could you update the list for us please. Nic938 flying 3rd Jan 08, land in Perth 7th Jan 08.

Thanks

Nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.