Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

There is no rain!!!! Sunshine..................after the weather in Ireland I can tell you it is great.

We did our tax file number on line, and medicare only took 10 mins in the office, all so simple.

Storms
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:33 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by storms
There is no rain!!!! Sunshine..................after the weather in Ireland I can tell you it is great.

We did our tax file number on line, and medicare only took 10 mins in the office, all so simple.

Storms
Was just going to ask how you set up all the things you need to when you get to Oz. It would be simple if you could do it all on the net or via telephone?
I don't know where to start....guess Medicare is a good place to start then go and see about my job, banks, phones, cars...gonna be a bit frantic! HELP!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:33 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hello to all you coming out to perth, im Jo and we live in a rental in port kennedy (moonlight is coming to stay with us in jan)
i have just got the internet switched back on, and have i missed it or wot.... but am happy again now

we love it here, have only been here 2 months, landed on 15th june after 3 day break in singapore, and think its great. everyone seems genuinely friendly and helpful.
i cant say i know a lot but if i can help with anything, just ask and i will try.

we are struggling with which area to settle in as in my opinion, secret harbour, port kennedy, settlers hills (baldivis) are all lovely.

Jo
x
Great to hear you're settling already Jo

Have you managed to get jobs yet? Any news when the train line will be completed?

Cheers

Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:35 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by storms
Hi

We have arrived........got rental in Currambine which takes both cats and dogs!!!!

Looking at cars, done bank (rate went up day after we sent monies!!!) medicare, tax file number.........

i shall just wait now for you all to come and enjoy the bbq!!!

Good luck to all those who are still to travel

Storms

Well done Storms!

Best of luck
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Carol ...would i need a car Booster seat for Harry ( 7 )?
This should answer all your questions D.

http://www.childcarrestraints.com.au/questions
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

leannelo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi there,

could we be added to the list as we are going Jan 09? We just wish we could go earlier but can't due to family commitments:curse:

Family 1,

Jim, 34, maintenance engineer, Leanne Student nurse (at present) 33, Sophie 11 and Samuel 08.

Family 2,

Dave drainer 38, Emma customer advisor 36, Holly 10, Aaron7, Harvey 3.

Many thanks Leanne
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:24 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leannelo
Hi there,

could we be added to the list as we are going Jan 09? We just wish we could go earlier but can't due to family commitments:curse:

Family 1,

Jim, 34, maintenance engineer, Leanne Student nurse (at present) 33, Sophie 11 and Samuel 08.

Family 2,

Dave drainer 38, Emma customer advisor 36, Holly 10, Aaron7, Harvey 3.

Many thanks Leanne
Hi Folks,

Where about in Perth are you headed we fancy Secret Harbour and should be out later this year. We have 2 kids Greg (6) and Beth (3).

It would be nice to catch up.

Thanks Carol & Ian
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

HERE IS THE NEW LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

jack89 will become famous soon enough

erm Nick going in april 2008 ,qualify as Nurse in Dec (fingers crossed) and got a job offer.
good job NICK .....talking 2 myslelf
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the thread. Where abouts in Birmingham are you living at the moment? I used to live in Kings Heath.

If you want to be added to the list give us a few more details and we will put you on.

Sarah
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

hi,

as i'm a member of this thread i have noticed a couple from around my neck of the woods!

thought i'd let you know (sorry to those miles away)..... we have arranged a couple of meet ups in bromsgrove-worcestershire/midlands area if your interested!

heres the link to the page:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474999
scroll down to post '#6' as all the info is there!

would love to see you

lisa
x
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Hi, Can I be added to list? Hopefully should be going late 07 early 08 to somewhere in the northan suburbs. Andy plumber, Angie nurse and 3 kids 11,8and 5.
Thanks
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi I have updated the list but we could do with a few more details like your ages and the kids names if possible.

Many thanks

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know what you're gonna get!! (Fforest Gump!)
pam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant futurepam0512 has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

It's been a while but we have moved out of our house so loads to do, only just managed to find time for the internet!! Anyway, only 4days to go!!! OMG!!

There seems to be soooooo much to do and sooooo little time left.....house sale seems to be going through slowly, hopefully will exchange contracts in next week or two and (hopefully) complete the first week of Sept.......fingers crossed...

Is it just me or are we all quite chuffed that the exchange rate has finally moved up? I am so glad that I haven't transferred my money to our aus bank account yet, here's hoping it carries on

Cat and dog leave on Wednesday, can't say I'm looking forward to that, but I'm sure they will be fine....

Anyway, I'll let you know how we get on at the other end.......

Pam x x x
Old Aug 20th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Pam,

I hope all goes well with your flight etc. Bet you are excited???

Our shippers are coming soon and all we seem to do at the moment is move boxes from one room to another! I will be gald when they have packed it all up and took it away!

Sarah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.