Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by aston man
could i join your gang please ...?

im a hill billy...i live up in dem hills...

aston and family...

thank you......
Ast

You can come to the barbie, infact you could host it, what you reckon

You enjoying life?

Mick
Old Aug 6th 2007, 1:51 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
could i join your gang please ...?

im a hill billy...i live up in dem hills...

aston and family...

thank you......
Hey Ast, how's it going? What's it like up in dem hills? I've been so wrapped up in things here I haven't been an looked to see how you are getting on

Have you had your OH's party yet?

Course you can join the list I will see if I can find all your details, unless you want to save me the trouble & surrender them This is what we need:
Names(ages)Jobs, where settled, date you flew, date you landed

Cheers,

Chris

Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Hi Just found this thread and we are hoping to be in Perth Jan 08 also...
I can't seem to open the list my computer keeps saying adobe couldn't open the file...
can anyone help please
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
I can't seem to open the list my computer keeps saying adobe couldn't open the file...
can anyone help please
Hey Moonlight, can't help with the computer question but from one Aprileee to another, welcome! Didn't realise you were off to Perth also. Where you hoping on ending up?

Nic
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hey Moonlight, can't help with the computer question but from one Aprileee to another, welcome! Didn't realise you were off to Perth also. Where you hoping on ending up?

Nic
Thankyou. I'm going to stay with my cousin in Port Kennedy to begin with and have a look around, i did like the look of Secret Harbour
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

can anyone help please
you have to open it with word
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nope won't let me! I've got microsoft works that's different to word isn't it?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Nope won't let me! I've got microsoft works that's different to word isn't it?
save it first to your pc then try to open it see if that works
Dave
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mad.chef
save it first to your pc then try to open it see if that works
Dave
Ha Ha. done that and saved it to Wordpad...got something up with everyone's names ages etc but it wasn't a list looked a bit of a mess really I'm not really that good on computer's!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:39 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Ha Ha. done that and saved it to Wordpad...got something up with everyone's names ages etc but it wasn't a list looked a bit of a mess really I'm not really that good on computer's!!
If I had the time I would do a website list & there would be no compatability issues, but unfortunately....

Perhaps someone will volunteer?

Chris

Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

I like secret harbour lovely area that would be my choice if i was going sor
Old Aug 7th 2007, 7:49 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Effys
If I had the time I would do a website list & there would be no compatability issues, but unfortunately....

Perhaps someone will volunteer?

Chris

Not volunteering but....

Could make a blogspot blog (free) and password protect it.

then just have the link to the blog and the password here.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:03 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Not volunteering but....

Could make a blogspot blog (free) and password protect it.

then just have the link to the blog and the password here.
I looked into getting webspace & even signed up to a couple but recreating the list on a webpage is very time consuming, or seems to be, but that's probably due to me not knowing what the hell I'm doing

There seems to be a lot of faffing about with table code & spacing. This wouldn't be so bad if the list had just started & was small but now it is 50 odd long it is a lot of work. it would be so much simpler if you could just paste the word document list onto the webpage & you can to a degree but you lose all the formatting

Not sure about blogs don't know whether it would work with regard to what I said above

Perhaps some more knowledgable people on here can help Hols on, didn't we have a web designer on our list.....

Chris

Old Aug 7th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

I had trouble opening it but it seems ok now. I click on the link and save it first and then when it ask me I open it. I looked into the website thing and it was a nightmare. I couldn't link the list onto the opening page and it was doing my head in.

A suggestion for people struggling to open the document is to PM us or chris their email address and we could attatch it that way and send them a copy. Just a suggestion.

Sarah
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

The Moore Family will become famous soon enoughThe Moore Family will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi, we are flying out to Perth from Heathrow on 21st August and will be renting a house in Secret Harbour.
Anyone else going on the same day?

Really excited, can't wait now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.