Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Sonja
Hi Bruce

Just found your post. We have not been on site for some time been a bit mad this end.
We also left uk 25/10/07 and arrived 26th. We are now living in Rockingham. My OH also was a BT engineer and doing the same as you in the (uk) I think. What are you doing for work now ? Have you moved back into telecoms? How are you settling in?
We have settled in quite well although the heat takes some getting used to.

I have a job in telecoms with a local company the does work for Service Stream (Telstra main contracter for Perth south of the river and beyond). I was a CSE in London the work here requires more flexability and a lot of digging! It pays the bills and I'm outside in the sun - so no complaints from me

Bruce
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Our flights are all booked up, can you please add my new details down that we fly out to Perth on 2/5/08 and arrive in Perth on 3/5/08
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ozzy7

I have added your flight details for you.

Sarah

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth List 22nd Jan 2008.doc (299.5 KB, 133 views)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Ozzy7

Sarah

Many thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

mario bros is an unknown quantity at this point

matt 36 plumber, tracey 37 hairdresser, keely 17 student, corey 2
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

roottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really nice

As suggested by The_Effys we are starting a new thread. Anyone going to be settling in Perth in 2007/2008? We would love to hear from new people who maybe not on the other list and those of you already on the list.

Any information people have that they think will be beneficial to others in the same boat is really appreciated, reminds us of all the things we have to get done.

Sarah/Dave
Hi We are Quite new to BE, we are a family of four and we are heading out to perth, on the 30th Jan, I am going to be working at a bakery in the osbourne park area, we have never been to oz before, and dont have any family or freinds out there, so were a bitt nervous I cant wait though.

Cheers Mike
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by roottoot1981
Hi We are Quite new to BE, we are a family of four and we are heading out to perth, on the 30th Jan, I am going to be working at a bakery in the osbourne park area, we have never been to oz before, and dont have any family or freinds out there, so were a bitt nervous I cant wait though.

Cheers Mike
Welcome Mike,
We fly out on the 10th feb so just two weeks left for us now and we are nervous too, although we have recently found out that my dad has cancer so we may have to put things on hold for a while.
Good luck with your plans

Pauleen
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:11 pm
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi,

Looks like travel will be earlier now , was down on list for May but have sold house and motorbike. Waiting for missives to be signed and then i can book flights for end March 1st week April. God i can t wait . Staying with relatives short term until i can find 6 month let. Need to get a car second hand too so if anyone knows of honest garage to go look please let me know .

God thought the moment would never come. Still getting rid of everything in the house as only taking some personal momento s nothing else . Need to start fresh. looking to rent furnished for 6 months so can take time to check everything out. I am excited but worried at same time if that makes sense. Teenagers will hopefully make some friends out there so they settle.

After 6 month rental hope to buy but will need mortgage too.

Linda
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

flights now booked 11th April

stop over in singapore

land perth 13th April

can't wait sooooooo excited
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ozzy7

Sarah

Ooops forgot to mention can you please add that were moving to Port Kennedy as well.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough

As suggested by The_Effys we are starting a new thread. Anyone going to be settling in Perth in 2007/2008? We would love to hear from new people who maybe not on the other list and those of you already on the list.

Any information people have that they think will be beneficial to others in the same boat is really appreciated, reminds us of all the things we have to get done.

Sarah/Dave
Hi Sarah and Dave,

Please could you add us to the list. Thanks.

Rod(38), Dor(35), Rebecca(14), Lara(4) and Jane(2) We hope to be in Perth between August 2008 and October2008. Not sure yet where we will settle but we are going for a short visit in March to have a look around.

Dor X
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

bazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, were newbies just want to say hello, we are wating to here for our medicals, after visa was lodged in oct, so were hoping to get to perth this year. hopefully kalamunda area, we three plus our dog.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Welcome to bazzle and dor34. I have adjusted any details on the list as requested.

Hopefully if enough people are interested we can try and arrange a meet up for the end of February/beginning of March? There should be loads of new people arriving here before then. Let me know what you all think.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth List 28 Jan 2008.doc (297.5 KB, 89 views)
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:48 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi Mad.chef, thanks for updating, I haven't had any emails telling me there are new posts! Thought the thread had died a bit, but it's still going strong

hope all is well,
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.