Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:28 am
Just Joined

temmpest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

No worries, always a pleasure to help.

If theyr'e into music and/or skating, Leederville skate park is a good place. Got a skate park right next to a place where bands often play, all the local ones anyway. And, its a drug and alco free place! Always something parents love to hear.

Kalamunda Wet & Wild, again, name speaks for itself, havent been there in ages though so it may not be as good as i remember.
Place like this good for younger kids is Hillarys water slides, quite a small place but got good enough slides, and mini golf. Plus, right next to marina.

AQWA, aquarium of WA, also at Hillarys. more of a family trip...

thing is most these places (besides leederville) are only good for a once off visit and can get overrated very quickly, hence why most teens just find their own lil spot to hang out. Only places i ever go anymore are the city, leederville, or movies.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth list.doc (304.0 KB, 154 views)
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

hi Lorraine and Karen

I am NOR with a 13 yr old & 9 yr old girls, love to meet over the holidays, picnic or something if your interested.

Storms
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

Originally Posted by storms
hi Lorraine and Karen

I am NOR with a 13 yr old & 9 yr old girls, love to meet over the holidays, picnic or something if your interested.

Storms
Hi Storms
Where abouts nor?
We are arranging to meet at sci tech next week hopefully if you are interested??
PM me for more details. Which school do the kids go to ?
Lorraine
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to allyou settling in Perth

wish we could sell the house
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nicknic
A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to allyou settling in Perth

wish we could sell the house
I'll second that !

Dave
(cold,wet,blustery ) - Oldham
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

ozchick will become famous soon enoughozchick will become famous soon enough

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that Bronte and I arrived safely on the 22nd. We are living with my mum at the moment, and it's already doing my head in!!! Can't move back into my place until I find a job so as to afford the mortgage!! Bummer.
Anyway, living in North Perth at the moment, but my place is in Duncraig.
Hope there is a meet up soon so I can meet a few people - even though Perth is my home town, it's been a long time since I have lived here.
Take care,
Jules
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

Good morning everyone!
Can you please add us to the list? It's been a long, changable process but after a job offer on xmas eve we are heading to Perth in April 2008. My OH is a construction project manager, I am a teacher but won't be working for a while as we have baby number 3 on the way (due July). Have 2 small ones, Isla (4) and Charley (18months). Kind of excited and nervous about not working for a while - I always complain about working full time but I really am a people person so I'll be talking to the wall by 2pm in the afternoon!

I'll definately be looking for the meet ups once we arrive and I'll be asking for advice on suburbs etc - all the usual questions....... (no idea where we'll living..)

Looking forward to meeting you.
Jane
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:32 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Just noticed the messages from yesterday, busy week!
Originally Posted by ozchick
Hi, Just wanted to let you know that Bronte and I arrived safely on the 22nd. We are living with my mum at the moment, and it's already doing my head in!!! Can't move back into my place until I find a job so as to afford the mortgage!! Bummer.
Anyway, living in North Perth at the moment, but my place is in Duncraig.
Hope there is a meet up soon so I can meet a few people - even though Perth is my home town, it's been a long time since I have lived here.
Take care,
Jules
Hi Jules, glad you arrived safely

Originally Posted by movin'on
Good morning everyone!
Can you please add us to the list? It's been a long, changable process but after a job offer on xmas eve we are heading to Perth in April 2008. My OH is a construction project manager, I am a teacher but won't be working for a while as we have baby number 3 on the way (due July). Have 2 small ones, Isla (4) and Charley (18months). Kind of excited and nervous about not working for a while - I always complain about working full time but I really am a people person so I'll be talking to the wall by 2pm in the afternoon!

I'll definately be looking for the meet ups once we arrive and I'll be asking for advice on suburbs etc - all the usual questions....... (no idea where we'll living..)

Jane
Hi Jane, welcome will hopefully add you to the list later today, just off to the beach now!

Happy new year all!

Chris

Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

cookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant futurecookiemonster has a brilliant future

can anyone show a link where i can book a room rental in Perth for 2 years.

does kind people exists in to help you even if u don't know them?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any update for anyone flying out to Perth the first week in March?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

Thanks! I'll keep reading the posts! Tee hee getting excited...
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by janandjohn
Hi could you please update our details janice and john landed 11th December - now settled in Settlers Hill Baldivis. Managed to get the rental property we wanted straight away - fingers crossed we get the keys for Christmas. Having a ball so far - anyone fancy meeting up would be great - it would be nice to make some friends.

Living the dream at last

janice and john
Hi Guys
We have just moved in to Baldivis Central last week, just down the road from you and would like to have a meet up as we hardly know anyone here.

Nicky and Mark
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:34 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by movin'on
Good morning everyone!

Jane
Hi Jane, have got you on the list at no.98 Just a couple of missing details - What's your OH's name Jane? & what age are you both?

Cheers, Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth List Dec30th2007.doc (293.0 KB, 94 views)
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Hi so the list can be updated we will not be leaving until June 08. will post exact date when flights are booked.( at 69 just now)

Thanks Biddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.