Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi all,

Has everyone heard the news today about sighting of a great white shark. It has been spotted on two occasions, ( not sure if same one or two separate ones) near warnbro beach, 100m from the shore. it's been on the news today. They warn not to swim at dusk or near shoals of fish, which is attracting it in.

PS getting our furniture friday!! YIPPEE!! and our piano turns up today! Xmas decorations got pulled out at customs and sent off for treatment, Phillip not too happy with me. told me not to bring them!!!!!

Bye for now, off to search for snakes and sharks!!!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:16 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi all,

Has everyone heard the news today about sighting of a great white shark. It has been spotted on two occasions, ( not sure if same one or two separate ones) near warnbro beach, 100m from the shore. it's been on the news today. They warn not to swim at dusk or near shoals of fish, which is attracting it in.

PS getting our furniture friday!! YIPPEE!! and our piano turns up today! Xmas decorations got pulled out at customs and sent off for treatment, Phillip not too happy with me. told me not to bring them!!!!!

Yeah, also heard it on the news! That's exactly where I was swimming last week On my blog to family back home I mentioned my swimming in sea last week & said I would make a nice breakfast for ol' great whitey! scarey

Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Sonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura aboutSonja has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Sonja, welcome to Perth hopefully won't take long for you to get out of the shell shock & get to really enjoying it here

Where abouts in Secret harbour are you? We pick up the keys to our new unfurnished rental there tomorrow Probably wont move in till next week though

Must be comforting to have rellies there for you

Have shaded you blue, all the best, Chris

Here is the updated list:
Hi Chris

Thanks for turning us blue !

We are staying in Kelmscott at the moment, but have been looking at houses in SH Port ken and Rocky.

Can't quite get to grips with all this multi viewing, and doing all the calling and checking for available rentals. Just getting the hang of it all now, so hope to get sorted in the next week or two as our furniture has arrived, and our dogs are due out of Byford on the 22nd. So hope to be in the area soon.

Sonja
l
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

We have been in our rental now for 8 days and haven't seemed to stop buying. Our stuff arrived in Freemantle last Thursday but we are still waiting for it to go through customs. We might not get it for a few weeks, apparently they are really busy over there.

Me and Michelle (Daxver) went to The Boat yesterday and took our 2 little ones, then afterwards we discovered no one was going. We had a nice drink and a bite to eat, we may see someone there another week hahahaha!

I have updated our details on the list as we are now living in Ashby.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List.doc (279.5 KB, 88 views)
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:26 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

We have been in our rental now for 8 days and haven't seemed to stop buying. Our stuff arrived in Freemantle last Thursday but we are still waiting for it to go through customs. We might not get it for a few weeks, apparently they are really busy over there.

Me and Michelle (Daxver) went to The Boat yesterday and took our 2 little ones, then afterwards we discovered no one was going. We had a nice drink and a bite to eat, we may see someone there another week hahahaha!

I have updated our details on the list as we are now living in Ashby.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST
I am so sorry about that Sarah. I obviously didn't have a contact number for Michelle so could only try and let her know via this site which I did. I would have been there if it wasn't for another twit of a tradesman!

Will deffo be there next week.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:31 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi all,

SHARKS, SMARKS!!!

I'm still going diving on Thursday morning, and no bloody sharky is going to stop me!

Then, just to really piss it off, I'm going surfing once the kids come out of school.

and I wonder why Valerie checks the super and insurance policies now and again.......
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:56 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Hi Mad Chef

We here! Arrived on 24th! Was logged in as Wooders earlier in the week for some reason . Just about to secure rental in SH - fingers crossed. Not on line yet - using internet cafe. Will update with further news asap. Glad you're settling in. Any date for the big meet yet?

Cheers

Caggsy & Jason
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi there Caggsy & Jason,

Glad you arrived safely. We have been here 5 weeks on Tuesday and it seems like much longer. We still haven't got our stuff but I will think it will be much better once we do.

As for the big meet up, I saw another thread the other day regarding a meet up in Kings Park for the weekend 24th/25th November for other people on this forum who have been here a while and have been to one before. It might be worth having ours on the same day so we can get to meet loads of people. Anyone got any thoughts on that idea?

Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 12:19 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi there Caggsy & Jason,

Glad you arrived safely. We have been here 5 weeks on Tuesday and it seems like much longer. We still haven't got our stuff but I will think it will be much better once we do.

As for the big meet up, I saw another thread the other day regarding a meet up in Kings Park for the weekend 24th/25th November for other people on this forum who have been here a while and have been to one before. It might be worth having ours on the same day so we can get to meet loads of people. Anyone got any thoughts on that idea?

Sarah
I think that sounds like a good idea Haven't seen the thread yet but will try to take a look tomorrow, off to bed now as trouble keeping my eyes ope.........

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris,

I have just found the thread in the Meet Up section and it is called 'King's park meet up'.

Sounds like a good enough date for us to pick as the weather should be good and there are plenty of us newbies just got there to make it worth while.

Sarah.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Hi Chris

Can you update us. Our visa was granted oon 24th October and flights booked for 20th Jan staying in Mandurah.

Many thanks and looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Lisa, Tony and boys
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Hi there Caggsy & Jason,

Sarah

Hi
We've ben following the thread for qite some time and will be interested in a meet up, hopefully if your first one goes well then we will be up for the next one. We are arriving on the 27th November so will miss the first meet up by a couple of days. We are looking forward to meeting you all and have been following peoples trials and how you have settled and how you are settling in.
Can't wait to start our new lives in Perth.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
Hi
We've ben following the thread for qite some time and will be interested in a meet up, hopefully if your first one goes well then we will be up for the next one. We are arriving on the 27th November so will miss the first meet up by a couple of days. We are looking forward to meeting you all and have been following peoples trials and how you have settled and how you are settling in.
Can't wait to start our new lives in Perth.
Hey SO ARE WE!!!!!!!!!! we fly from manchester with singapore airlines and then land on 27th at 3.30 ish in the afternoon!! is that your flight??
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
Hey SO ARE WE!!!!!!!!!! we fly from manchester with singapore airlines and then land on 27th at 3.30 ish in the afternoon!! is that your flight??
Same flight Daunted, maybe a rondez vouz in Chagni airport? We are starting at Heathrow with Singapore. Hoping puffy eyes will have gone by then

Nicky
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:42 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Hi all, sorry I haven't replied quicker, been quite busy these last few days

Congrats LisaT on getting your Visa have added your flight to the list, what day do you land in Perth?

Daunted & Tigeresswhite, have updated your flight details

Good to see you caggsy & Jason the other day, give us a call if you need anything

Got a busy week this week container being delivered tomorrow + Sharon starts her new job & Kyle is starting a new school! Bought a second car(little A to B runabout!) & got a medical for my job on Tuesday & a load of stuff being delivered Wednesday then move into new rental at the weekend, phew! I'm sure all of you that have done it remember what it's like

All the best,

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Perth_List(112v5).doc (343.0 KB, 66 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.