Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi all,

David has started work today somewhere in the Vines, says he hasn't stopped all day.

Still no luck with the rental situation, we have to be out of this one on Tuesday next week so if we haven't heard anything by then we will have to move into a hotel or something. We have applied for 2 houses but the real estate agents here are on a go slow!!! They don't seem to do anything fast.

Taylor can't wait to go to school as he is getting really bored but he won't be able to unless we get a house.

Advice to anyone coming over soon is to decide on an area first if possible maybe by choosing a school you like the look of. We wasted time looking at houses in Butler and then changed our minds and wanted to go for Tapping/Ashby for the school in Tapping. Also bear in mind that some of the houses up for rent are not available for ages from when you look at them and be prepared to view the house with 20 other people milling around at the same time!

Think I am having a panicky day, should be okay tomorrow.

Sarah
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:29 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi again here are the recent list updates:

Hi maverik1979, have updated you takeoff date, have you got a landing date for us? Also what jobs do you & OH do? Cheers

Thanks all for the updates

Chris

Here is the updated list:
we fly on the 6th november, and land on th 7th november, im a metal machinist by trade, mrs works in retail
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

David has started work today somewhere in the Vines, says he hasn't stopped all day.

Still no luck with the rental situation, we have to be out of this one on Tuesday next week so if we haven't heard anything by then we will have to move into a hotel or something. We have applied for 2 houses but the real estate agents here are on a go slow!!! They don't seem to do anything fast.

Taylor can't wait to go to school as he is getting really bored but he won't be able to unless we get a house.

Advice to anyone coming over soon is to decide on an area first if possible maybe by choosing a school you like the look of. We wasted time looking at houses in Butler and then changed our minds and wanted to go for Tapping/Ashby for the school in Tapping. Also bear in mind that some of the houses up for rent are not available for ages from when you look at them and be prepared to view the house with 20 other people milling around at the same time!

Think I am having a panicky day, should be okay tomorrow.

Sarah
we have a house now . so dont panic sarah hahaha just waiting for my tax file number can take 28 days if you work and do not have this you pay 46% tax yes that much what a pain but you can claim it back in june . you can claim alot back. all the best
Dave
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:45 am
Just Joined

ptaplin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris,

We are still heading for Dwellingup to begin with - staying with relatives. But then we are looking to move to Mandurah.

Thanks,

Phil.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

steeleys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again here are the recent list updates:

Charmed, have added your landing date
steeleys, have updated your flight details, We had rental in Port Kennedy, nice area, what road are you on?
Professional Princess, have added you to the list at No.76 but could you give us more details please name, age, job, hubby, kids?
Hi maverik1979, have updated you takeoff date, have you got a landing date for us? Also what jobs do you & OH do? Cheers
Hi betsyboob, welcome to the Perth thread, could you give us a few more details please(see list no.93)
Hi Phil & Kaz(ptaplin) thanks for the update & have a good flight are you still heading for Dwellingup/Serpentine?

Thanks all for the updates

Chris

Hi Chris

Zaragova, just the 3 weeks hopefully sort something by then. Spoke to John, he seems really lovely from emi-great

hope your doing well

regards fay
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:08 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steeleys
Hi Chris

Zaragova, just the 3 weeks hopefully sort something by then. Spoke to John, he seems really lovely from emi-great

hope your doing well

regards fay
Ah, I wondered whether it was one of John & Eve's houses, we are in the Venice one at the mo, but have found an unfurnished rental in Secret Harbour & are just waiting to see if our application has been accepted

John & Eve will bend over backwards to help you out, really nice couple & you can ring them any time with any questions you have, god knows we have!

They organise a meet every couple of months so I might see you at one

All the best,

Chris

Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:42 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Just a few more updates to the list
ozchick, thanks for the details, have aded them to the list.
maverick1979, have added your recent details, cheers
Professional Princess, have added some more detail, ta.
The Wests, also filled in some of the gaps, thank you
kbdb, finally got you in the right place on the list(61)

Cheers all,

Chris

Attached Files
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Hi all, just a quick update from me. We arrived on Saturday 13th Oct and as I'm sure you'll understand our feet haven't touched the ground since! Managed to fit in our niece's birthday party on Sunday 14th and the hangover/jetlag lasted till Wednesday Still, we're lucky in that we're staying with family until we find somewhere/they kick us out

Managed to find a car each on the first monday (lucky we'd been warned on BE how expensive they are), and now we're just starting to look for work. Looked around loads of home opens on the weekend but figure once we know how much/little we can earn we can then start to think about finances for a house etc.

We've already met some really great people here and everyone we've dealt with has been really helpful. We have discovered that however hard we try to fit in, we seem to be wearing a sign which reads "New Poms", though, so watch out for the (very occasional) rip off artist

Anyway, I'm not getting online as much at the moment, but will keep an eye on this thread for the next meet. Hope to see some of you there.

Jackie
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:34 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by Jackier
Hi all, just a quick update from me. We arrived on Saturday 13th Oct and as I'm sure you'll understand our feet haven't touched the ground since! Managed to fit in our niece's birthday party on Sunday 14th and the hangover/jetlag lasted till Wednesday Still, we're lucky in that we're staying with family until we find somewhere/they kick us out

Managed to find a car each on the first monday (lucky we'd been warned on BE how expensive they are), and now we're just starting to look for work. Looked around loads of home opens on the weekend but figure once we know how much/little we can earn we can then start to think about finances for a house etc.

We've already met some really great people here and everyone we've dealt with has been really helpful. We have discovered that however hard we try to fit in, we seem to be wearing a sign which reads "New Poms", though, so watch out for the (very occasional) rip off artist

Anyway, I'm not getting online as much at the moment, but will keep an eye on this thread for the next meet. Hope to see some of you there.

Jackie
Hi Jackie & family,

Glad you arrived OK Thanks for the update, I know what you mean about the "New Poms" you can actually see the $$Dollar$$ signs rolling around in their eyes when you speak to a salesperson!

Anyway, glad your all Ok, will update the list & shade you blue

Chris

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Carol and Nigel is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been a while since I was able to log on! We arrived in Perth just over 5 weeks ago after a fantastic stopover in Singapore. We stayed in an apartment in the city for a month and have now rented a great furnished house in Currambine. We can't wait to use the pool.

We got our TFN's within a week, have bought a car and both of us have jobs. (I'm an administrator and found it really easy to get work.) We have come to Perth on a 457 4 year working visa and intend to enjoy every minute before returning to our home in the UK (which is currently rented out) - if I can drag my husband back!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their visa - they do come eventually!

I've hopefully updated the list to show we've landed and attach it here.

Carol
Attached Files
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

well hello all
things have started to happen THANK GOD, we move to our house tomorrow, got cars , orderd washing machine/fridge coming tomorrow getting plasma cool . will have broadband thank god.
got lots of work, to much, but its money, made some friends.
JUST NEED A BEER FRIDGE hahah for the garden and BBQ next thing
we will have to sort this BBQ/party out soon middle of november or at the end?? what do you think. whos house will it be at ??? hahaah speak soon all im up at 5 am arararara
Dave ps still waiting for my tax file number 3 weeks so far
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

steeleys is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, I wondered whether it was one of John & Eve's houses, we are in the Venice one at the mo, but have found an unfurnished rental in Secret Harbour & are just waiting to see if our application has been accepted

John & Eve will bend over backwards to help you out, really nice couple & you can ring them any time with any questions you have, god knows we have!

They organise a meet every couple of months so I might see you at one

All the best,

Chris

Yes, they sound lovely. Hopefully see you at a meet.

What info do the rental agents need off us to be able to rent a place as this is going to be the first thing to do for us!!

Do they need references?

regards fay
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

helen_and_michael is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. Just joined BE and noticed the settling in perth thread and list. We have just returned from perth after validating visa and can understand why there is such interest in settling their...what a place.

Travelling down the swan river on the way to visit the Quokkas on Rottnest island is a great day trip.

We would like to be added to your list as we will be making the final move next March, and would love to get in touch with like minded people once arrived

Have already secured employment on the last visit. If anyone is an civil engineer and needs advice on where to look/recruitment agencies, please give me a bell

Michael
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:56 pm
Karen555

karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone

Can I join your list? We got our visa last week and if the house exchanges as planned this week, hope to be flying out around 20th November.

Would be great to meet other people in the same boat, even better if anyone has children of similar ages (its going to be a long summer holiday)

Theres me, husband Tony, Erin 13 and George 12.
We're looking to settle in the northern suburbs. Did a rekkie last year and loved it.

Karen
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:37 am
Just Joined

ptaplin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris,

We have landed and it is warm but windy! Now a couple of weeks to sort everything out before starting back to work

Cheers,
Phil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.