Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Hi Phillip & Sharon. Sounds like you're getting on with things! Great news! Did you get a new or second hand car? Good luck house hunting. When do you start work?

Best of

Caggs
Hi Caggsy

Thanks, yes we are getting on with it, not much around on the rental side, found one nice one today and got two to look at tomorrow. We picked up the car today, it is a new Toyota Kluger, not sure if you can get them in uk.

Should be starting work on the 22nd Oct.

Not long before you are over, look forward to seeing you.

Phillip.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

shedseven will become famous soon enough

Well we are in the final stretch of the moving process and are looking at schools now... man its hard not being there... we have two little boys (6 and 4) and by the time of the new school year my youngest will be 5 and the eldest 6 1/2.

Q1. Will my youngest be in Reception or Year1?

Q2. Any recommendations on schools to get in contact with? My wife is doing some reccy on the areas and schools but school will be the most important and location will follow?

Thanks

Chris
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shedseven
Well we are in the final stretch of the moving process and are looking at schools now... man its hard not being there... we have two little boys (6 and 4) and by the time of the new school year my youngest will be 5 and the eldest 6 1/2.

Q1. Will my youngest be in Reception or Year1?

Q2. Any recommendations on schools to get in contact with? My wife is doing some reccy on the areas and schools but school will be the most important and location will follow?

Thanks

Chris
Your youngest if born between July 1st 2002 and June 30th 2003 will enter pre-primary in 2008. Pre-primary is not compulsory and you have missed the enrollment dates so a lot of schools will be full and unable to offer places. You may have to shop around a bit for somewhere that will take him.

With regards to schools, pick your area first. What do you do for a job, does your wife drive, these will all have an impact on which areas are best for you. Don't stress too much about schools and areas until you get here. I know plenty of folk who were set on one area and ended up hating it when they actually got here. Keep an open mind and have a good drive around when you arrive. Schools are usually open a few days before the new term starts for enrollments. HTH.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:07 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Great to hear you're settling in so quickly mate! Hope the weather's picked up for you Four and bit weeks left for us but our furniture is due to arrive Freo next week! On the countdown! Do you know when the train line's due to be up and running yet?

Good luck house/job hunting!
Hi Caggsy, weather has picked up a bit & I am over the jetlag now Am loving it here at the moment Not long now till you're out here yourselves, it will go really quick.

If you have any questions when you get here give us a buzz, I will PM you my mobile number, it is hard the first couple of days because you don't know anyone, so it's nice to have a contact number

All the best,

Chris

Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:17 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Caggsy, weather has picked up a bit & I am over the jetlag now Am loving it here at the moment Not long now till you're out here yourselves, it will go really quick.

If you have any questions when you get here give us a buzz, I will PM you my mobile number, it is hard the first couple of days because you don't know anyone, so it's nice to have a contact number

All the best,

Chris

Cheers Chris - enjoy the Secret Harbour meet at the weekend! Speak soon
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Can you add us to your list please, we have only just applied for our visas so a while to go yet but we are hoping to be out by Mid Feb 2008. I have been promoted to Managing Director of our Perth office and my wife will be looking for something in Accounts until she finishes her degree to be a teacher but at the moment is is listed as "home duties" on the 457 much to her disgust!

No idea where we will be renting but it will be somewhere near the beach for the first year or so, think we will find our feet once we get over there rather than stressing about it from Manchester!

Cant wait, we visited Perth back in April for 2 weeks and fell in love with it immediately we both feel really honoured to be given the chance for a new life in somewhere we know we are going to love so much.

Ian (29) and Georgina (23)
Old Sep 21st 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ian

I have added you to the list, welcome.

10 Days to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:22 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Ian

I have added you to the list, welcome.

10 Days to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for doing the additions to the list, I have left you in the lurch a bit with that! My copy of MS Word is only a demo & after opening 30 documents ceased being useful as it won't let you save or edit anything! Trouble is I can no longer edit my CV so I am going to have to register it [sob] [sob] Will try & do it ASAP so I can fill in the gap when you fly out

hope all is going smoothly with you guys & hope to see you when you get here

Chris

Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Chris,

How are things? How was the flight? Did it seem long or did it fly by? Questions, questions I know.

The kids have one more week at school and then we have the weekend with the dreaded goodbyes. Think I will get sloshed!!!! Still need to book a massive taxi to accommodate us 4 and all the suitcases to the airport.

We can't wait to get there now and meet all these people we have been chatting to on Expats

Sarah
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:14 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We can't wait to get there now and meet all these people we have been chatting to on Expats.
We feel the same - BUT our house sale with buyer no 2 has just fallen through. So, it'll be a while yet (well a few more months) until we get there [sigh smilie].

Gina
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

suzy 1 will become famous soon enoughsuzy 1 will become famous soon enough

Hi please can you add us to the list.
me (suzy 25) nurse and daughter Ellissa (2) heading to perth dec'07 CANT WAIT!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Suzy,

I have added you to the list.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tiffany,

I have adjusted your flight details as requested.

9 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
Attached Files
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

webb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nice
Smile Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Tiffany,

I have adjusted your flight details as requested.

9 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
Hi Sarah

Can you adjust our details on the list please, we leave Glasgow on the 6th October and arrive Perth 7th Oct 07. TWO WEEKS TODAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! SO EXCITED.

Thanks
Angie
x
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Angie,

I have adjusted your flight details, you are only a few days behind us!

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.