Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Sarah, probably best to do it this way anyway as you know you are getting the most upto date list!?
How's Dave? nursing a hangover or was it just a chill night out down the pub?

Chris

Hi chris
just a little bad head, had a few beers. it was 2 for 1 so not bad, so we took advantage of it . sarah thought i was down the club, getting board of watching old boys playing domis. more people in our town
Dave
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Chrissie P is an unknown quantity at this point

Going from Worcestershire to Perth on 13th November, cant wait!

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:05 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mad.chef
As suggested by The_Effys we are starting a new thread. Anyone going to be settling in Perth in 2007/2008? We would love to hear from new people who maybe not on the other list and those of you already on the list.

Any information people have that they think will be beneficial to others in the same boat is really appreciated, reminds us of all the things we have to get done.

Sarah/Dave
Hi just wondering if i could be added as my husband myself 3 children 18,15 and 6 and our whippet emergrated here in Perth Baldivis Rockingham just over 3yrs ago my sister also and her family plus my parents retire here in about 3 months and we have lots off friends,built our home and love it here!!!wouldnt say it was easy at first getting settled but things do get better so good luck to all on ure BIG MOVE you will never look back and its a way better life for your childeren Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Paula
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:26 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi all!

My husband has been posting on here, thought i'd get in on the action! I've managed to fight him and the kids off the computer for a while!

Just wondered if anyone, especially those who are settling around the mandurah, secret harbour area, Home educate? I have been home edding my son, Connor 9 for the last 2 years. When we arrive in Sept tho, him and his sister will be going to tranby college, baldivis. Bit concerned, but think he'll enjoy it. I think it will be the best way of settling down in a new country and hopefully make a few friends. But in the meantime will try and find a home ed group locally and make friends there as well, so if we change our mind then Connor and myself will have friends that way as well.

Sharon
Hi Sharon,im living on the SettlersHills Estate Baldivis and my daughter and nephew and most of my friends children go to Tranby so yours should love it,they do an after school also for parents who are working,Baldivis is absolutly lovely so ure gonna love it,one off the places to be and you will meet lots off friends,we have hairdressers,cafe,deli,chippy,cricket oval and so many parks with barbies on you will be so glad you chose to come here and will not look back,welcome from Paula
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:28 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Originally Posted by Paula223
Hi Sharon,im living on the SettlersHills Estate Baldivis and my daughter and nephew and most of my friends children go to Tranby so yours should love it,they do an after school also for parents who are working,Baldivis is absolutly lovely so ure gonna love it,one off the places to be and you will meet lots off friends,we have hairdressers,cafe,deli,chippy,cricket oval and so many parks with barbies on you will be so glad you chose to come here and will not look back,welcome from Paula
we emergrated from UK Manchester just over 3yrs now
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Thank you Paula,

We had very good vibes when over in May, the school couldn't have been more friendlier. I was amazed also to find they had spaces for both the children straight away. My daughter, 12, is looking forward to starting there, and my son,9, is 50/50! Is australia your 'home' now? or do you find yourself still pining for Uk?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, can we please join the list...

I'm eddie007 (eddie) - nurse- 39. hubby is Ian, housedobby at present, but panel beater/paint sprayer once the kids are settled into school and happy... Faith 17 fulltime kevin impersonator, George 10 nervous and a bit wobbly at the moment, Imogen 8- the Evil One totally unphased by anything and Jack 7 today and .....well.... Jack...

We fly out on 26th August via singapore and arrive on 27th staying in Rockingham tostart but no idea where we will end up...
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

babypom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow I miss one day and there are pages of comments wow you guys are busy!!!
Well to answer the comment from Caggsy pages ago! ( Im going to have to be on the ball on tis site! wish I had found it earlier!!) I didn't have a hangover goin to save myself for the what looks like will be a HUGE celebratory barbie!!!! Excitement has not worn off!
Well it has sunk in now!!! Leaving party all booked aghhhh! Emotions running high already!
HI to all the new posts after me!!!!
Kelly
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:11 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi Eddie,

Have added your details to the list (-hubby's age?)

Seems to be a few of you arriving that week! We won't be far behind you so put the kettle on

All the best,

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Arrghh archie will be please shame charlie cant come thats our parrot we arnt allowed to take him to oz nevermind il miss him
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:24 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Thank you Paula,

We had very good vibes when over in May, the school couldn't have been more friendlier. I was amazed also to find they had spaces for both the children straight away. My daughter, 12, is looking forward to starting there, and my son,9, is 50/50! Is australia your 'home' now? or do you find yourself still pining for Uk?
hello Sharon,no i dont miss UK 1 bit and yes i would say i call Australia my home now and im soooo glad we did it,im lucky as my sister as built just round the corner so that as made a huge differance so my children have there cousins here which helps,also my parents retire here real soon just waiting for there police checks to be sent back to UK as they had to have theres done here too as my mum stayed here for 12mths so they said in UK AMA Agency that had to be done here,so wont be long b4 there here,also we have friends we knew in UK here all built on here SettlersHills,about 10 couples hahahahaha.You will love it Sharon and ure children as the age they are is good
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have added daunted onto the list.

Sarah

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

well we have sent a cheque for £3250 to the shipping company today,our money is getting less every week. ararar it did look so nice in the bank, but now it dont, what with the flights and shipping and other things not that much left. o well
Dave
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:16 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Originally Posted by mad.chef
well we have sent a cheque for £3250 to the shipping company today,our money is getting less every week. ararar it did look so nice in the bank, but now it dont, what with the flights and shipping and other things not that much left. o well
Dave
Hahahahahaha you think its going down now hahahaha wait till you get here!!!!pissing mysides

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.