Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

settlement fund for NZ

settlement fund for NZ

Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:59 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default settlement fund for NZ

Hi
To gain an extra 2 points we will have to put money into the NZ settlement fund.What I was wondering was does anyone know how long we have to leave the money in the account.Do we have access to it as soon as we get over to NZ or does it have to stay in the account for a while.
Thanks
Sky
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: settlement fund for NZ

Originally posted by sky
Hi
To gain an extra 2 points we will have to put money into the NZ settlement fund.What I was wondering was does anyone know how long we have to leave the money in the account.Do we have access to it as soon as we get over to NZ or does it have to stay in the account for a while.
Thanks
Sky
Hello again,
We plan to put £60.000($200.000) into a nz bank account to show them a statement and leave it there until we purchase a house the remainder we leave in a uk account and change has we need or when the exchange rate increases. There is an alternative if you have not sold your house. Get an estate agent to value your house and give you a letter stating that and produce a mortgage statement which they will accept. As I understand it they will not stamp your passport until funds are in a nz account.

I hope this helps.
Sammie
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:27 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: settlement fund for NZ

Hi again,
We all must visit the same sites this one is my favourate.Thanks for your reply,it was the length of time the money has to stay in the account once over in NZ I was wondering about,do you have immediate access to it once settled in NZ.Does it have to be used for the purchase of a house to access it .
Thanks again
SKY
Old Apr 9th 2003, 10:15 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: settlement fund for NZ

Originally posted by sky
Hi again,
We all must visit the same sites this one is my favourate.Thanks for your reply,it was the length of time the money has to stay in the account once over in NZ I was wondering about,do you have immediate access to it once settled in NZ.Does it have to be used for the purchase of a house to access it .
Thanks again
SKY

The settlement funds only need to stay in the NZ a/c long enough for you to get a bank statement - after that you can do whatever you like with the money. You only get 6 months after approval in principle to transfer the money to a NZ bank a/c, if you miss the deadline your PR application will be refused.