Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Setting up a new business in OZ

Setting up a new business in OZ

Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:19 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Setting up a new business in OZ

Hi everybody.

I have recently started the process of a sponsored business visa, so that I can start my own company when (if accepted) we emigrate to Australia.

Is there anybody else out there that has emigrated to OZ and started their own business that might be able to give me a few tips. I am using a migration bureau for the application paperwork, but obviously setting up a business involves more than just that.

Another question that I have is financing. I will be investing about $250K in the business initially, but how are the Australian banks regarding loans to new migrants ? I will have to present a full business plan to the local authorities in Melbourne for the original visa application, so a comprehensive business plan for the bank is obviously no problem. Anybody with experience in this matter.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:56 am
Just Joined

he's a dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Setting up a new business in OZ

Hi Paul,
Do you have the 457 business visa?
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:57 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by he's a dreamer
Hi Paul,
Do you have the 457 business visa?
That is the class I am applying for,

early stages yet.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by furkew
That is the class I am applying for,

early stages yet.
Paul, are you qualified in Horti? and do you intend to be based in Melbourne?
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:12 am
Going for a ride

I am not actually qualified, I have worked for the last 22 years in the cut flower import export business. The only way to actually get to Oz, was to start my own business. I am a director here in Holland, but not actually a business owner, so quite a big step for me !
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:13 am
Going for a ride

yes I will be planning on settling in Melbourne.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by furkew
yes I will be planning on settling in Melbourne.
Paul, I will PM you.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293591
Try the above link, it is all about sponsored business visa, although I am a bit confused as we are all visa class 163 sponsered. There are a fair few pages to trawl through!! but a lot of useful information for you will be found at the start.

Best of luck with your application
Old Dec 31st 2005, 9:20 am
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by foxychic
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293591
Try the above link, it is all about sponsored business visa, although I am a bit confused as we are all visa class 163 sponsered. There are a fair few pages to trawl through!! but a lot of useful information for you will be found at the start.

Best of luck with your application
sorry foxy my bad,

It is the 163 that we are applying for. I must admit that I have looked into so many possibilities, that I have lost track of which visa is which. Thanks for the link, i'll have a good peruse.

Cheers