Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Setting up a Limited Company in Oz, can anyone help?

Setting up a Limited Company in Oz, can anyone help?

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Setting up a Limited Company in Oz, can anyone help?

I would be really grateful if someone could advise on how to set up a Limited Company in Oz. If someone has done this did they use an agent or accoutant. We are looking to set up a company in Victoria, if anyone can offer advice I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Cheryl
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Setting up a Limited Company in Oz, can anyone help?

I can help you. I set companies up in Australia and the UK all the time, it's quite straightforward. PM me if you want me to help.

(I lived in Germany for a few years too!)
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

laudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I too would also like some advise if poss?as we also plan on setting up our company when we arrive in April-were heading to the Sunshine Coast. Were clsoing our ltd co here just before we go and plan on using the same name and web address etc when we arrive in OZ. Do they offer advice etc like the chamber of commerce do here?
thnx
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I can help you. I set companies up in Australia and the UK all the time, it's quite straightforward. PM me if you want me to help.

(I lived in Germany for a few years too!)
Can you tell me are the rules and regs the same or simular to UK? I know thats a huge question but an overview reply would suffice at this stage of the game. We would obviously pay for detailed advice.

Cheryl
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:27 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Can you tell me are the rules and regs the same or simular to UK? I know thats a huge question but an overview reply would suffice at this stage of the game. We would obviously pay for detailed advice.

Cheryl
Yes, they are basically the same, though with different nuances or names etc. I'm an accountant and I work for both Australian and UK companies (have done for a few years) and I can honestly say that if you understand one country's 'regime' (for want of a better word!) then you'll understand the other's. What differences there are, are easily understood.

Have sent you a pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:45 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Cheryl.

I am in VIC and am a UK and Australian qualified CA. You are welcome to send me an email if you would like details on how I might assist.

You should be aware that the use of family trusts allied to a proprietary limited company is commonplace in Australia as a means of reducing the overall burden of taxation.

There are also some free tax factsheets available here:
http://www.collettandco.com/factsheet.cfm

Best regards.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

fly2hi is on a distinguished road

http://www.business.gov.au/Business+...ur+company.htm
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

I ran a Ltd Co in the UK from 92 to 99 (primarily for financial limited liability and PI), easy, simple and straightforward.

I have an Aussie ABN and run a ltd co for the same reason, (certain clients won't deal with a person, and require PI, liabilty insurance and so forth).

The Australian Corporate/Personal Tax policy is without a doubt the most complex and over legislated piece of nonsense I have ever come across.

It's a joke.

take the question on a Quarterly BAS statement on varying your sales ? Why oh why does the taxman need to know that my sales vary up and down each quarter and why do I have to fill in a reason code that my sales vary with each client and season ?

pointless stuff
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:08 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Do you pay company income tax instalments with each BAS?

If not, are you sure you have to complete this question?

Best regards.