Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Setting Up A Company In Australia... Help...

Setting Up A Company In Australia... Help...

Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Balmain Howard is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Setting Up A Company In Australia... Help...

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any sites or companies that offer an off the shelf or own name company setting up service.

I want to create my own company for contracting through.

Many thanks,

Howard
Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:49 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting Up A Company In Australia... Help...

Originally Posted by Balmain Howard
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any sites or companies that offer an off the shelf or own name company setting up service.

Many thanks,

Howard
We created our business name ourselves. My parents then registered it via the net on http://www.business.gov.au/Business+Entry+Point/ & we instantly received our ABN
Old Dec 15th 2005, 7:00 am
ABCDiamond

Hi,

Many thanks,

Howard
Many accountants do these, but the cost is quite high. I used to create them for clients some years back.

Do you need a company name ? or would just a trading name (business name) be sufficient ?

Old Dec 15th 2005, 7:48 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been told to set my company up if I go ahead as an Aus plc. equivilant with money in trust somehow so that if you get sued they can't take your house. Haven't been to see anyone yet to see how I do this but apparantly will cost approx $2,000 but safer than one man band.

Not sure if ABC will know anything about this.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 7:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by annqldau
I have been told to set my company up if I go ahead as an Aus plc. equivilant with money in trust somehow so that if you get sued they can't take your house. Haven't been to see anyone yet to see how I do this but apparantly will cost approx $2,000 but safer than one man band.

Not sure if ABC will know anything about this.
It doesn't seem to have gone up in price much from when i used to do them, I was thinking the $2,000 figure, but it was some years back, and I wasn't sure. Annual accounting fees are also a consideration, although I did work for a Sydney firm who charged two arms and two legs

Even with Pty Ltd companies, the directors can still be sued, if they do things wrong. There are a few in the papers recently.

There are advantages, and disadvantages, but I am not up to date and wouldn't want to give incorrect info.

Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:13 am
Just Joined

ccasaperth is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Day there Howard,

Have a look at www.ccasa.com.au We setup Australian PTY LTD Companies for $1086.00 (includes FULL DIV7A and 974 Support) this will give you a A.C.N. and allow you to trade anywhere in Australia, A business name will only allow you to trade in the state you register it in (Cheaper to register though!)

Feel free to e-mail @ craig @ ccasa.com.au if you want to discuss... We offer free advice There is a few things you need to know before you register for a company, for eg at least one director must live in Australia.

Anyhow also cast your eyes on http://help.abr.gov.au/printcontent....tm&usertype=BC

That is a very good concise glossary of term's

Hope I have been of some help. Please feel free to contact me at anystage for more information or assistance... you can also see some of our FREE utilites at www.ccasa.businessmentor.com.au

My E-Mail is craig @ ccasa.com.au or telephone +61 8 9485 0133 We are GMT +8 Time Zone in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.

Cheers

Regards

Craig

Hi,

Many thanks,

Howard
Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Howard and others...

Business name registration's are under $200.00 PER STATE and can only be used in the state you register them... they last for approx 2 years (changes per state) and then you need to re-register...

Pty Ltd (A.C.N. number included) companies GOVT Fee is $212.00 Per year but you register once (we charge $1086.00AUD) and you can trade anywhere in Australia. We sell an Australian Directors Hand Book, $150.00AUD+10% GST and is a must for anyone wanting to operate an Australian Company (we can issue it in PDF format or Printed Format 85 Pages)

We, CCASA Charge $71.50 per year to look after your PTY LTD company (Compliance with the law), this is not Accounting Fee's as we are not Accountants, it is to ensure your PTY LTD company is kept in compliance with the law's here in Australia.

Anyhow please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:04 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ccasaperth
Howard and others...

Business name registration's are under $200.00 PER STATE and can only be used in the state you register them... they last for approx 2 years (changes per state) and then you need to re-register...

Pty Ltd (A.C.N. number included) companies GOVT Fee is $212.00 Per year but you register once (we charge $1086.00AUD) and you can trade anywhere in Australia. We sell an Australian Directors Hand Book, $150.00AUD+10% GST and is a must for anyone wanting to operate an Australian Company (we can issue it in PDF format or Printed Format 85 Pages)

We, CCASA Charge $71.50 per year to look after your PTY LTD company (Compliance with the law), this is not Accounting Fee's as we are not Accountants, it is to ensure your PTY LTD company is kept in compliance with the law's here in Australia.

Anyhow please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
I want to setup an Australian I.T. consultancy company that can trade with companies that operate both inside and outside of Australia (but mostly outside of Oz). How would I do this? For example when I move to Oz I will continue to work for a company in England from Oz and bill them for the consultancy work I do for them.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:13 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Get your business structure right first ... companies are often used for trading because in Australia retained earnings are taxed at 17% less than the top rate of personal income tax.

In addition one often sees family trust structures in an effort to direct income to individuals paying lower rates of tax than the main earner ...

A few $'s spent now might pay dividends in times to come.

One or two of the factsheets here might be helpful as well:
http://www.collettandco.com/factsheet.cfm

Best regards.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just done this (well about 4 weeks ago). We used www.incorporate.com.au (Incorporate Now) and they were fabulous.

They charged $908 ($800 of that is the ASIC registration) and for that you get everything - ACN, great documentation (all electronic) with share certficates, letter headings etc etc. And first class customer service. 24 hour turn around.

Very pleased.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:32 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ccasaperth
Good Day there Howard,

Have a look at www.ccasa.com.au We setup Australian PTY LTD Companies for $1086.00 (includes FULL DIV7A and 974 Support) this will give you a A.C.N. and allow you to trade anywhere in Australia, A business name will only allow you to trade in the state you register it in (Cheaper to register though!)

Feel free to e-mail @ craig @ ccasa.com.au if you want to discuss... We offer free advice There is a few things you need to know before you register for a company, for eg at least one director must live in Australia.

Anyhow also cast your eyes on http://help.abr.gov.au/printcontent....tm&usertype=BC

That is a very good concise glossary of term's

Hope I have been of some help. Please feel free to contact me at anystage for more information or assistance... you can also see some of our FREE utilites at www.ccasa.businessmentor.com.au

My E-Mail is craig @ ccasa.com.au or telephone +61 8 9485 0133 We are GMT +8 Time Zone in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.

Cheers

Regards

Craig
I note the bit about a director being resident, but would I be right in saying that the company can be wholly owned by a UK company which is, in turn, wholly owned by me?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:55 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it can ... but are you sure this is the correct corporate structure for you? Might it be better to wind up your UK company (saving compliance costs - preparation of accounts, lodgement of returns with Companies House and the Revenue, etc) and to simply operate through a new company in Australia?

You should also be aware of the law insofar as corporate tax residency is concerned - company residence tends to follow where management and control is vested. If that is with you and you are an Australian tax resident it may be that your UK company becomes Australian tax resident when you move to Australia - potentially creating additional aggravation in a compliance context.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I note the bit about a director being resident, but would I be right in saying that the company can be wholly owned by a UK company which is, in turn, wholly owned by me?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Yes you can set it up that way... its then looked upon as foreign owned and then you must comply to ASIC regulations for foreign owned companies... you are required to lodge financials each year... you still require an australian director though... but the shares can be owned by anyone/company.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:02 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

So does this putting your money in Trust as a business give you more protection as a company than if you were a one man band, even though you may be sued? And, can you not set up the Trust thing as a one man band as well?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by annqldau
So does this putting your money in Trust as a business give you more protection as a company than if you were a one man band, even though you may be sued? And, can you not set up the Trust thing as a one man band as well?
If you goto www.ccasa.businessmentor.com.au you can find out more information about trusts etc... you dont have to create an account to look arround.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.