Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Serviced apartments in Sydney

Serviced apartments in Sydney

Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Serviced apartments in Sydney

Hi all, I am looking for a serviced apartment, a one bedroom apartment (not a hotel)...either fairly central with easy access to Lavendar bay, or somewhere North of Lavendar bay again not miles from Lav bay.

Can anyone rec anywhere? And approx prices please?

PP x
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Serviced apartments in Sydney

I've just done a quick search on yahoo.com.au for "serviced apartments sydney" and it's brought up about 2,310,000 hits.

Adding "lavendar bay" to the search has narrowed it to about 20,100.

Here's the link to the results page: http://au.search.yahoo.com/search;_y...ei=UTF-8&rd=r1
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

I rent a serviced apartment in Cremorne for $320pw
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

What's your budget? If you can afford it, Harbourside Apartments in McMahons Point (http://www.harboursideapartments.com.au/) is fabulous, we stay there every time we are in Sydney and just gawp at the view for hours..... 10 minutes walk from Lavender Bay.

Usually big savings on rack rate through Wotif or by calling them direct and seeing what they can do.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I booked a serviced apartment in Darlinghurst for early October. There does seem to be quite a few of them around Sydney though.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone, I have also looked online and found tonnes, but I was after a personal recommendation. Our relocation agents seem to be quoting double what I have seen online, but that goes for the shipping (double the quotes I have got) and everything else.....hmmmm.....

Harbourside apartments look around the price we were quoted but I am certain these are top end....

What is the one in Cremorne like, do you have a link you could give us?

PP
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plantpot
Thanks everyone, I have also looked online and found tonnes, but I was after a personal recommendation. Our relocation agents seem to be quoting double what I have seen online, but that goes for the shipping (double the quotes I have got) and everything else.....hmmmm.....

Harbourside apartments look around the price we were quoted but I am certain these are top end....

What is the one in Cremorne like, do you have a link you could give us?

PP
Maybe checkout World Apartments. Thats who I booked with.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

At Harbourside you are paying for the location and particularly the view. But then it is the best view in the whole world!! I wouldn't want to pay their rates for ever and a day, but if it is for a reasonably short period of time, it would be a great introduction to Sydney and McMahons Point is fab.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

best4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Harbourside Apartments are fab. We stopped there in 2007 and what views, yes you pay for them, but god they are great and the swimming pool with the Bridge in the background what more could you ask for!