British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   serious question! - pillow sizes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/serious-question-pillow-sizes-358572/)

adriang Mar 2nd 2006 6:57 am

serious question! - pillow sizes

Are pillows (for sleeping!) the same size in OZ as the UK, or are they the European size?

I'm love the Euro size, to the extent that I'm thinking of buying a couple of extra's and putting them in the container, and all of our bedding is the European size.

Vash the Stampede Mar 2nd 2006 7:01 am

Re: serious question! - pillow sizes

Originally Posted by adriang
Are pillows (for sleeping!) the same size in OZ as the UK, or are they the European size?

I'm love the Euro size, to the extent that I'm thinking of buying a couple of extra's and putting them in the container, and all of our bedding is the European size.

I wasn't aware that there was a specific "Euro size." :confused:

UK/Australian pillow sizes are identical AFAIK. I certainly haven't noticed a difference. :confused:

:confused:

Vanessa Mar 2nd 2006 7:13 am

By Euro size do you mean the large square cushions? If so then you can get them here no problem.

Welshie Mar 2nd 2006 8:10 am

They have the same size ones and some even better ones. They come in all shapes and sizes!

poshrice Mar 2nd 2006 9:54 am

Hiya i found when i was looking for bed pillows that you can get normal bog standard pillows then they do queen size pillows i might sound daft here but i am assuming they are for a queen size bed don't quote me on that lol i had a problem getting ones that weren't filled with feathers o/h is allergic big time and would have killed me in the end i bought some perma fresh ones for woollies as they hypo allergenic.
good luck with your search

poshrice

Matt Sabin Mar 2nd 2006 10:00 am

2 months ago, i'd have laughed out loud at this one...but then the missis goes and packs 2 pillows stashed away in the unaccompianied luggage...and how nice it is to have your own pillows...Remember if you ship stuff then they charge by volume, if you send stuff by accompianied air luggage then they charge by weight. And what does a pillow weigh...far less than a good night's sleep... ;)

jonjon Mar 2nd 2006 10:10 am

however some people in both countries may need bigger ones due to the size of thier heads (bigheads)

lel_smiff Mar 2nd 2006 10:13 am

yeah - seems like a silly question until you realise it's the sort of thing you did ask yourself a little later down the line...

We bought good pillows when we got here and they had Euro sized ones. In fact the lady in the shop automatically thought we were looking for Euro sized pillows :confused: (I've only ever slept on them in hotels before, but they are nice...)

We went to a Capt'n Snooze I believe.