Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Serious question.. Am I 'safe' to go running? PERTH

Serious question.. Am I 'safe' to go running? PERTH

Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:24 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serious question.. Am I 'safe' to go running? PERTH

Originally Posted by bal56
My missus took the dogs to one of the Ocean Reef beaches during the day a couple of months back (naughty I know, but we always clear up!). There was no one else there. Then a guy appeared, took every stitch of clothing off and went for a dip. Aside of the humourous aspect, she was somewhat disconcerted, as she was convinced that it was a 'performance' for her.

Bugger!! why don't these things ever happen to me?????

Seriously though if it felt like it was a perfomance i think i't have been getting off the beach pretty quick smart though, maybe i'd have stopped to pick his clothes up first

There are some strange people going round.....

Lynn
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:27 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bal56
My missus took the dogs to one of the Ocean Reef beaches during the day a couple of months back (naughty I know, but we always clear up!). There was no one else there. Then a guy appeared, took every stitch of clothing off and went for a dip. Aside of the humourous aspect, she was somewhat disconcerted, as she was convinced that it was a 'performance' for her.
Sure it was'nt a nudist beach.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:32 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Bugger!! why don't these things ever happen to me?????

stopped to pick his clothes up first

Me too...Im always around there

<note to self,spend long hours searching the beaches for naked men>
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:05 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ransi
Me too...Im always around there

<note to self,spend long hours searching the beaches for naked men>

Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:10 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by adenray
I regularly walk and jog alone. Admittedly, I was nervous at first having been attacked in the UK but I feel completely safe here.

Thanks for that. I am really looking forward to running out there, just trying to muster up some energy to go out right now, but would prefer the costal path to my usual run.

Cheers all

Paula
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
Thanks for that. I am really looking forward to running out there, just trying to muster up some energy to go out right now, but would prefer the costal path to my usual run.

Cheers all

Paula

One other tip for when you're new here- take your mobile phone. I have a terrible sense of direction (I can get lost running on my treadmill.) I had to call my hubby a couple of times, give him a street name and he'd have to check the UBD then give me directions to get home again.
Yvonne
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YFitz
One other tip for when you're new here- take your mobile phone. I have a terrible sense of direction (I can get lost running on my treadmill.) I had to call my hubby a couple of times, give him a street name and he'd have to check the UBD then give me directions to get home again.
Yvonne
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:43 am
Banned

kite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the rough

Perth is really safe I think - you wont hear it from the locals because Perth is their only city - so its worse than in the bush by stats go.

And I feel the teenage yoof is maybe more vocal than the UK, but this doesn`t mean that they are dangerous - just full of self confidence.

There are some "free" tours on ours site (free sue) here

so have a look and it might help you get a feel for the beach (this ones trigg)
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Could of been Renth
Was this bloke big, muscular and well hung?

Because if he was, it wasn't me, especially if I've been swimming brrrrrr!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:33 am
Banned

kite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the rough

Is that you in the avatar renth?? - If it is Ive seen you running naked at city beach.

Like Kevin Keegan with a propeller!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:39 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kite-surfer
Is that you in the avatar renth?? - If it is Ive seen you running naked at city beach.
Hope not Frank Zappa's dead

Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:46 am
Banned

Really, when..... so sorry..... I didn`t know.......in his sleep?........he had a good life....at city beach.