Wikiposts

September 29th

Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:09 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by sundarize
Mika

I take it you dont have kids. That would be a mightmare journey with children in tow
Hi

no kids - just one dog but he is flying seperately

Mel
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Little Steps

Originally posted by mika24me
Hi Arlene

we are going to take advantage of the "on arrival accomodation" which is available to newly arrived migrants on skilled independant visas. This will give us a few months to take a look around and find areas that we like before we commit to a long term rental.

I would like to rent for at leats six months before buying to make sure we buy in the right area, and I have never been to Adelaide before so wouldn't have a clue where to start!

What sort of visa are you going over on?

Mel
M
tell me more about his on arrival accomadation as i have never heard of it before we are going on designated area spnosored but wish we had picked 136 visa as i am a nurse and it might have been quicker the other way hey ho my word for today of sick with bad back

arlene
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:15 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by desmund
M
tell me more about his on arrival accomadation as i have never heard of it before we are going on designated area spnosored but wish we had picked 136 visa as i am a nurse and it might have been quicker the other way hey ho my word for today of sick with bad back

arlene
Hi

the link can be found here:http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.cfm
(look at skilled migration, on arrival services). Only SA offers this service and it is to encourage folk to migrate there.

I'm not sure if you qualify for it on your type of visa, it's worth dropping them an e-mail to find out

cheers

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

We are going that route, but not the Glasgow or Australia parts.

We actually leave the UK on the 25th to Auckland via LA but as we're stopping off in LA for four nights we will be on the flight out of LA on the 29th to Auckland same as you! What time flight? Think ours is 9.30pm.

What a coincidence!

David + Ellis
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:11 am
Hussy

Originally posted by bearskin
We are going that route, but not the Glasgow or Australia parts.

We actually leave the UK on the 25th to Auckland via LA but as we're stopping off in LA for four nights we will be on the flight out of LA on the 29th to Auckland same as you! What time flight? Think ours is 9.30pm.

What a coincidence!

David + Ellis
Hi

I'm not sure what time we leave LA, but we are arriving in Auckland on the 1st October at 5.15am (local time)

I think we may just miss each other by a few hours

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, that's when we arrive. Looks like we're on the same flight! Well did you ever.

The thing is you will already be aboard when we are checking in from LA so finding you will be impossible! Are you spending any time in NZ? At least we'll have someone to talk to at that ungodly hour in Auckland!

We have a little boy (19 months) so if you'd like to look after him whilst Dad gets some sleep on the plane, feel free!!

David + Ellis
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:42 am
Hussy

Nope, that's when we arrive. Looks like we're on the same flight! Well did you ever.

The thing is you will already be aboard when we are checking in from LA so finding you will be impossible! Are you spending any time in NZ? At least we'll have someone to talk to at that ungodly hour in Auckland!

We have a little boy (19 months) so if you'd like to look after him whilst Dad gets some sleep on the plane, feel free!!

David + Ellis
Hi

we have to come off the plane in LA only to board again, so we may well see you.

Look out for a slim 6'5" tall white man who is folically challenged (or bald if you are not too PC). He's not too hard to spot. I am a foot shorter than him with redish hair.

Look forward to meeting you!

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mel

Yes, will do. Try and spot you at LA. The departure lounges there are quite nice and they get you through early, so should be able to have a chat.

Also, in Auckland airport there are some good facilities - for instance you can go and have a shower - so I'd take advantage of that if I were you since you're going to be up and about at five in the morning.

We won't want to be heading into the city until a more civilised time, so I imagine we'll be finding somewhere to have breakfast etc before we get a shuttle.

All the best anyway!

David + Ellis
Old Aug 21st 2003, 2:01 am
Hussy

Mel

Yes, will do. Try and spot you at LA. The departure lounges there are quite nice and they get you through early, so should be able to have a chat.

Also, in Auckland airport there are some good facilities - for instance you can go and have a shower - so I'd take advantage of that if I were you since you're going to be up and about at five in the morning.

We won't want to be heading into the city until a more civilised time, so I imagine we'll be finding somewhere to have breakfast etc before we get a shuttle.

All the best anyway!

David + Ellis
We are only in Auckland for one hour and 15 minutes so I don;t imagine we will have much tim to do anything other than catch the next flight to Melbourne.

It's going to be a long 36 hours from Glasgow to Melbourne! I'll look out for you on the flight

cheers

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:01 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: September 29th

Hi Mel

Yes!! although we haven't actually booked the flights yet, we are planning to fly out from Heathrow with ANZ on 29th September. We plan to stay in LA for a copule of days, take the kids to Disneyland, then on to Sydney.

Hoping to book the flights on Friday. Will let you know if we get them.

Regards

Andy

Originally posted by mika24me
Hello

is anyone else flying out on the 29th September? We are flying with Air New Zealand, on the following route

Glasgow - London - Los Angeles - Auckland - Melbourne.

If anyone else will be flying at the same time please let me know so that I can say "hello"

cheers

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:05 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by desmund
M

arlene

hi arlene,
thought i'd send you this snippet of info I recently discovered (as a fellow nurse) if you apply for work thru an agency - some do arrange hospital employed contracts- and go to oz on an employer nomination visa it takes about 3-4 months. then once in oz, apply for permanent residence which only takes about 4-6 weeks!
Dunno how accurate this is - but if you look on the austimeline site it confirms the waiting times.
Could this be a loophole?
hope the back isnt too bad...
Sue
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:18 pm
Hussy

Default Re: September 29th

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Hi Mel

Yes!! although we haven't actually booked the flights yet, we are planning to fly out from Heathrow with ANZ on 29th September. We plan to stay in LA for a copule of days, take the kids to Disneyland, then on to Sydney.

Hoping to book the flights on Friday. Will let you know if we get them.

Regards

Andy
Fabtastic, I hope you get the flights you want!

Mel