September 29th

Old Aug 13th 2003, 9:31 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default September 29th

Hello

is anyone else flying out on the 29th September? We are flying with Air New Zealand, on the following route

Glasgow - London - Los Angeles - Auckland - Melbourne.

If anyone else will be flying at the same time please let me know so that I can say "hello"

cheers

Mel
Old Aug 13th 2003, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Guillemot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: September 29th

Originally posted by mika24me
Hello

is anyone else flying out on the 29th September? We are flying with Air New Zealand, on the following route

Glasgow - London - Los Angeles - Auckland - Melbourne.

If anyone else will be flying at the same time please let me know so that I can say "hello"

cheers

Mel
Wow...sounds like an expensive way to go! What is your itenary for stopovers?
Old Aug 13th 2003, 1:15 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Guillemot
Wow...sounds like an expensive way to go! What is your itenary for stopovers?
We are not actually staying in each of the places that we stop in, but are going there through necessity.

In order to get anywhere from Glagsow, you need to fly to London. We will be there for a few hours only.

As we are flying west, we need to stop for two hours in Los Angeles.

As we are going with Air New Zealand, we need to get off the plane in Auckland,

and two hours later we will head off to Melbourne.

It will take about 36 hours in total. I guess I don't have to explain why I am not looking forward to it! We would stop overnight in one of the places but we want to get to Oz as soon as possible becuase our dog is travelling at the same time as us so this way we get to check on him when he arrives.

What a journey!

Mel
Old Aug 13th 2003, 1:16 pm
Hussy

We are not actually staying in each of the places that we stop in, but are going there through necessity.

In order to get anywhere from Glagsow, you need to fly to London. We will be there for a few hours only.

As we are flying west, we need to stop for two hours in Los Angeles.

As we are going with Air New Zealand, we need to get off the plane in Auckland,

and two hours later we will head off to Melbourne.

It will take about 36 hours in total. I guess I don't have to explain why I am not looking forward to it! We would stop overnight in one of the places but we want to get to Oz as soon as possible becuase our dog is travelling at the same time as us so this way we get to check on him when he arrives.

What a journey!

Mel
PS one month later we will finally reach our destination of Adelaide, complete with the dog who will have been through quarantine by then!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Guillemot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mel,

We will be flying from Manchester, end 2003/early 2004 but have not booked the flights yet. All my enquiries point to airlines like Singapore/Malaysian or Emirates flying east - was it more expensive to go via US or was Air NZ the only option for you?

Curious because I would quite fancy a stopover in LA if its practical!

John
Old Aug 13th 2003, 1:48 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by Guillemot
Hi Mel,

We will be flying from Manchester, end 2003/early 2004 but have not booked the flights yet. All my enquiries point to airlines like Singapore/Malaysian or Emirates flying east - was it more expensive to go via US or was Air NZ the only option for you?

Curious because I would quite fancy a stopover in LA if its practical!

John
Hi

it was actually not too much more expensive to go via the US, and it is well worth the extra few pounds as this way we get to take 2 x 32kg bags each (a total of 128kg of baggage allowance). We need to take my husband's tools on the flight so this extra baggabe allowance made all the difference to us.

Also, at the time we booked SARS was still about so we thought better not to risk it, and avoid Singapore just in case.

Mel
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

No we are not flying out on the 29th sept. but I sure as hell wish I was!!!!!!

Good luck

BooBoo
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

gbarker is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind me asking, who did you book with? I can find plenty of cheap(ish) flights going East, but nothing reasonable going the other way.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:29 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by gbarker
If you don't mind me asking, who did you book with? I can find plenty of cheap(ish) flights going East, but nothing reasonable going the other way.
I booked through Portman Travel, flying with Air New Zealand. Their prices were fairly reasonable. I can't find their number, but do a search on Lycos and you will find them.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 2:32 pm
Hussy

Originally posted by booboo
No we are not flying out on the 29th sept. but I sure as hell wish I was!!!!!!

Good luck

BooBoo
thanks

how long before you go?

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:44 am
Just Joined

ewok is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Little Steps

Hi Mel
I feel strange talking to the messages. This is my first time. I'm not exactly sure where to go with my words, but thought i would follow your name.

I know no one understood that but it had to be said.

I live in Victoria and i have been here for over two years. I knew pretty quickly that this was where i would stay. (besides,wild horses wouldn't shift my husband back to Britain.) He was born here, though he only lived here until he was 2. He fit right back in as soon as we got off the plane. It took me 22 months before i stopped changing my dollars back into pounds, to see how much things were worth. Males are still a bit cavemanish here which i find frustrating. There isn't a point to this posting just a Hello!

Kerry
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:48 am
Hussy

Default Re: Little Steps

Originally posted by ewok
Hi Mel
I feel strange talking to the messages. This is my first time. I'm not exactly sure where to go with my words, but thought i would follow your name.

I know no one understood that but it had to be said.

I live in Victoria and i have been here for over two years. I knew pretty quickly that this was where i would stay. (besides,wild horses wouldn't shift my husband back to Britain.) He was born here, though he only lived here until he was 2. He fit right back in as soon as we got off the plane. It took me 22 months before i stopped changing my dollars back into pounds, to see how much things were worth. Males are still a bit cavemanish here which i find frustrating. There isn't a point to this posting just a Hello!

Kerry
Hi Kerry

welcome to the forum. As you can see from the number of postings I have made I am here a lot!

There are tons of folk here that are just about to make the move, and I'm sure a lot of them would have questions for you. You could try starting a thread to say "hello" and see where it goes from there if you want.

There are quite a few folk moving to Geelong too, so I'm sure they would be more interested that most in your opinion of the place.

I will see you in a couple of months (can't wait)

speak to you soon

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

desmund is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kerry

welcome to the forum. As you can see from the number of postings I have made I am here a lot!

There are tons of folk here that are just about to make the move, and I'm sure a lot of them would have questions for you. You could try starting a thread to say "hello" and see where it goes from there if you want.

There are quite a few folk moving to Geelong too, so I'm sure they would be more interested that most in your opinion of the place.

I will see you in a couple of months (can't wait)

speak to you soon

Mel
m

have u decided where u are going in adelaide yet, we havnt a clue, relatives will want us to live near them reynella and woodcroft but we fancy something more by the sea, are u staying in rented accomadation or a hotel at first

arlene
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:57 am
Hussy

Originally posted by desmund
m

have u decided where u are going in adelaide yet, we havnt a clue, relatives will want us to live near them reynella and woodcroft but we fancy something more by the sea, are u staying in rented accomadation or a hotel at first

arlene
Hi Arlene

we are going to take advantage of the "on arrival accomodation" which is available to newly arrived migrants on skilled independant visas. This will give us a few months to take a look around and find areas that we like before we commit to a long term rental.

I would like to rent for at leats six months before buying to make sure we buy in the right area, and I have never been to Adelaide before so wouldn't have a clue where to start!

What sort of visa are you going over on?

Mel
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Mika

I take it you dont have kids. That would be a mightmare journey with children in tow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.