Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Separate children's passports

Separate children's passports

Old May 5th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Separate children's passports

I thought it might be useful to let any parents out there that are applying for visas this tip. If any of your children are on your passport, send off for a separate one well in advance.

We are nearing the end of our application and have only just been advised by our agents that we should get our child her own passport. Apparently it is not compulsory but some of the case officers are a bit fussy!

So now I have sent it off, meanwhile we had our medicals and I could not show my passport so I have to take it back when I finally receive it. More stress that is not needed.

So if any of your kids are on your passport, send off for their own asap, it will make life a little bit easier!!
Old May 5th 2003, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

footie chick
Old May 6th 2003, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Definately get the kids own passports. When my kids were on my Englsih passport, the immigration officers pulled us up as if we were some sort of drug dealers. Shocking experience, we were pulled out, led away, questioned, all cause the kids did not have own passport. It seems there is no such thing as putting your kids on Aussie passport, hence the horrible two hours stranded in Brisbane like criminals. Hopefully diplomacy has improved these days.
Old May 6th 2003, 6:34 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Doesn't take long either. All four of us needed new passports, I filled out the forms on a Tuesday evening, posted them on Wednesday morning we recieved them all on the Saturday. They must have been quiet that week!

Steve.
Old May 6th 2003, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

My passport with daughter on expires 08/05, would we both need to apply or should i just get daughter her own and renew mine in 2005.

Cheers

Karen
Old May 6th 2003, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The post has just arrived and I have the new passport - thank God. It only took 10 days so pretty quick. Now all I have to do is take it to the medical centre so they can write the numbers on the med forms.

My Aussie news arrived as well, it seems to come later each month now!

Enjoy your day.
Old May 6th 2003, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We arrived in Oz in March, both my children are on my passport and we had no problems.
Sue
Old May 6th 2003, 12:08 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Separate children's passports

Originally posted by tinaj
I thought it might be useful to let any parents out there that are applying for visas this tip. If any of your children are on your passport, send off for a separate one well in advance.

We are nearing the end of our application and have only just been advised by our agents that we should get our child her own passport. Apparently it is not compulsory but some of the case officers are a bit fussy!

So now I have sent it off, meanwhile we had our medicals and I could not show my passport so I have to take it back when I finally receive it. More stress that is not needed.

So if any of your kids are on your passport, send off for their own asap, it will make life a little bit easier!!
Hi Tina
How are things going?
I'm off to pick out medical reports up tomorrow from Southend.
Police checks knowhere to be seen!!!!!!!
When we went to Brisbane last year Tim and eldest had to go a day before us as we booked at the last minute and couldn't get us all on the same flights so we went a day later. Bryony was on Tim's passport and they didn't have any trouble. The only trouble I had was that Christmas Eve after booking all flights day before realising that Chelsie was on her dad's passport and not mine (removed it when we got married 3 years ago) I forgot about them being removed, so had to dash up to Peterborough and get her a new one. Then they turned round and said that it would be ready the day after Boxing Day and we were due out to Oz the next day
Obviously Tim had already left me to fly the day before so it was quite fun with racing up to Peterborough with a 5 year old and 9 week old thinking all the way that something would go wrong!!!!
Still it all turned out ok and we met up at the hotel the day after they arrived.
Take care
Keep in touch
Debs
Old May 6th 2003, 12:10 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Separate children's passports

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi Tina
How are things going?
I'm off to pick out medical reports up tomorrow from Southend.
Police checks knowhere to be seen!!!!!!!
When we went to Brisbane last year Tim and eldest had to go a day before us as we booked at the last minute and couldn't get us all on the same flights so we went a day later. Bryony was on Tim's passport and they didn't have any trouble. The only trouble I had was that Christmas Eve after booking all flights day before realising that Chelsie was on her dad's passport and not mine (removed it when we got married 3 years ago) I forgot about them being removed, so had to dash up to Peterborough and get her a new one. Then they turned round and said that it would be ready the day after Boxing Day and we were due out to Oz the next day
Obviously Tim had already left me to fly the day before so it was quite fun with racing up to Peterborough with a 5 year old and 9 week old thinking all the way that something would go wrong!!!!
Still it all turned out ok and we met up at the hotel the day after they arrived.
Take care
Keep in touch
Debs
Me again
Our agent advised us to get Bryony her own passport quite early on in the application. So I thought I'd better!!!!!
Debs
Old May 6th 2003, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just rang up the medical centre and we are going to take the passport to the DR on Thursday, the med results are back so she will hand them to us rather than posting.

Still waiting for the police checks, hurry up please!!

I am going to courier the meds to Adelaide on Thursday or Friday, then I am just waiting for the POlice checks to come through.
I also have to fill in 1022 change of circumstances and the health undertaking forms and send these off.

I am getting a bit excited now, I can't wait to get the next yellow envelope!!

Hope you don't have to wait too long for you police checks and that your visa comes quickly.

Must go I have to find out prices for the courier - more money!!