Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SENT IT.....what now???Hi

SENT IT.....what now???Hi

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Post SENT IT.....what now???Hi

Finally it has been sent. What is the next step? Does anyone know how long it takes before you hear anything at all and what is the first thing you hear?
The wait could well be worse than the application process!
By the way THANKS HEAPS for everyones help and advice over last few weeks- if it wasnt for you all I would have had to fork out for a migration consultant! CHEERS
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly WHAT have you sent.................your skills assessment?
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Exactly WHAT have you sent.................your skills assessment?
Sorry.....just read it back. Makes no sense but in my excitement didnt elaborate! No it is the actual visa application(skilled independant)
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:04 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by desperate2go
Sorry.....just read it back. Makes no sense but in my excitement didnt elaborate! No it is the actual visa application(skilled independant)
Sit back, make youself comfotable, and wait.....

Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

and wait..........and wait..............and wait.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

running around like a headless chicken i can do........stressed out to the max i can do....harassing ex employers who thought they had seen the last of me years ago i can do.........but sitting back and doing nothing- just waiting! Thats a tall order.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Saint Min is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Desperate

I know exactly how you feel - we posted ours today and after all the messing about collecting references, copies and evidence for this that and the other I won't know what to do with myself now.

My brother sent his in last year on June 2nd and received his visa (skilled independent) about mid September - he was really surprised because he'd been geared up waiting 12 months.

I don't know about you but I keep feeling I want to get the envelope back to check it all yet again - just in case I've missed something (110 times isn't enough?).

All we can do now is wait and hope..... good luck
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:54 am
DarrenD

In the same boat. Sent off early jan.

After 6 - 8 weeks, you will get a letter stating your reference no. Strangely ours also asked for self addressed labels ! Oh well, whatever floats their boat.

My understanding is the step after that, you wait to get a letter saying theyre actually LOOKING at your case.

After that well, ...... (I guess theres something about doctors in there etc). Others will have a more informed view after this.

We had a stress as to whether the application had actually got there (especially as we sent a bankers draft for the application). Attached to the acknowledgement was a receipt for the cheque.

Hope this provides a small crumb of comfort.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck to you too Saint.
I know exactly what you mean.....when the courier arrived to pick up the envelope it felt so strange letting go! I also wanted to do ONE LAST CHECK....???What the hell I was looking for I dont know. Already held onto it all for 2 days to check and re check!
All the energy that has been expended dealing with it all...now i am deflated. Am also arranging holiday to LA with complicated itinery ...so that should keep my stress levels up!
Just want DIMIA to send me a little note saying ....we got it and its all o.k.!!!!!!!!!!! As if.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DarrenD
In the same boat. Sent off early jan.

After 6 - 8 weeks, you will get a letter stating your reference no. Strangely ours also asked for self addressed labels ! Oh well, whatever floats their boat.

My understanding is the step after that, you wait to get a letter saying theyre actually LOOKING at your case.

After that well, ...... (I guess theres something about doctors in there etc). Others will have a more informed view after this.

We had a stress as to whether the application had actually got there (especially as we sent a bankers draft for the application). Attached to the acknowledgement was a receipt for the cheque.

Hope this provides a small crumb of comfort.

Thanks Darren
Hearing that others feel the same stops me feeling like insane madwoman:scared:
Thanks for info. Just have to try and forget about it for 6 weeks. Sent by courier....so at least i can track the bloody thing rather than not know!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

We sent ours in November..........waiting is not one of my competencies..................
Old Mar 12th 2004, 3:27 pm
Application in!

Andy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have just sent it, then make sure your card company are aware that there will be a payment from Oz so they don't bounce it. (Apparently it is quite common for them to reject it)

We hassled First Direct regularly and it went through OK.

If it does reject, they simply send it back to you and you have to start over.

:scared:

Good Luck!

Ours was received Dec 8th (letter sent to our Mig agent) and we are now expert thumb - twiddlers!

Andy
Old Mar 12th 2004, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Andy, that is really useful to know......especially as i am working to tight deadline with age restrictions etc. If it is returned that would be it for me...
Have just phoned my card company who said " oh yeah, payments like that do get rejected in case they are fraudulant and there is not alot they can do as the rejection is automatically generated by the computer. Thanks MINT
They have taken my mobi number and will contact me if it happens.....wish i had paid another way now. Oh well at least im not just waiting calmly now!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 4:07 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Desperate2go

sent ours off begining of September 2003, for the first three months we were so aggitated and couldnt settle, now we are wondering if it is ever going to go through!!!!!

i have been told that they are honouring their 52 week target so hopefully we will hear soon!!!

P n L :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 12th 2004, 5:23 pm
Application in!

Andy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

If the card company are not being helpful in that respect, then I would suggest that you write to them informing them of the transaction details and that you will hold them liable for any costs arising from their failure to authorise the transaction. (Obviously providing you have the funds!) The old, "it's the computer" thing just doesn't wash any more.

Keep nagging them about it. We did with First Direct, and whilst they couldn't offer a guarantee, it did go through without a hitch.

Sorry if I worried you, but our agent does say this happens quite a bit so it is better to be forewarned.

We shall keep our fingers crossed for you - make sure your card provider can recognise your voice by the time you have finished with them! It's not like you owe them any favours is it!

All the best

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.