Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Sensible Australian Election Thread

The Sensible Australian Election Thread

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sensible Australian Election Thread

Originally Posted by IvanM
No choice - you have to vote.
My "choice" comment was directed at the parties I have to choose from, not whether or not to vote.

It's a shite state of affairs.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:10 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

No Lord Sutch.
Originally Posted by DeadVim
My "choice" comment was directed at the parties I have to choose from, not whether or not to vote.

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

But the way it reads is that people who support Gillard and Labour are supporting fascists. You undermine any credibility you had with the statement.
No it doesn't, at all.

I wrote "When a party starts rolling out policies that restrict access/freedom of information then that's the time to be very wary of them. Hitler did exactly the same (ie restrict access to information) when the Nazis burnt the books."

Now that clearly compares restriction of access to information as the same thing as restricing access to information by buring books by the Nazis. Nowhere does it say that Labor/Gillard are the same as Hitler/Nazis.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Aug 2nd 2010 at 5:14 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

It is a money saver in the long run because of illness prevention and unwanted pregnancies that be terminated without medical care. Harradines objection was for religious reasons.

I read up on RU486 and Abbott denied its availability as health minister. This was due to Abbott's religious beliefs.
I do not agree with religion in politics.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:17 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
You don't know what under-employment is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underemployment
I know what it means but its not happening here, you keep shifting your arguments everytime one of them gets disproved, I fully expecting you to ask what the Romans have ever done for us sooner rather than later. Just yesterday there were reports that the average Australian spends 50 hours per week in the office.

NARU is much more of a problem than under employment. A certain level of unemployment is necessary, the economy is running close to its capacity hence the stubborn level of inflation even in a recession, yes yes you are quite right that the Gillard government *did* bring inflation into line with RBA targets just last week but all the press wants to talk about is KRudd.

This govenment has achievments to trumpet but the press wants to turn this election into an X factor personality contest, no politition dare say anything least it be hyper analyised on TV by the talking heads most of which are failed political staffers.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Vote for:

www.justiceparty.com.au (abolish income taxes)

OR

www.ldp.org.au
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:28 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't comparing the filter with the Nazis, I was comparing the burning of books by the Nazis as essentially the same thing as the internet filter. Both restrict access to information.
No, you were comparing Labor with Nazis which is p1ss poor behaviour.

The public hears "you are behaving like Hitler by trying to restrict my access to child pr0n" they dont understand or believe either sides arguments [neither Gillard or Abbott are facists and why would you be fighting for child pr0n?] so they switch off.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Vote for:

www.justiceparty.com.au (abolish income taxes)
"As an “A” political group we are not burdened by old party ..." - Shouldn't that be apolitical? I get the sentiment but the website looks shite and it's all
a load of hot air that appears to be dreamt up by a couple of students.

All very swish ...
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I know what it means but its not happening here,
Oh yes it is. Mate, I deal with employment issues everyday as it's what I do for a living. I can tell you right now Australia has an under-employment problem. This is a smoke screen to keep the unemployment rate down and make employment in Australia appear far better than what it actually is.

you keep shifting your arguments everytime one of them gets disproved
I haven't shifted my arguments at all and nobody has disproved any either.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ex_exile
No, you were comparing Labor with Nazis which is p1ss poor behaviour.
No. You are reading into it what you want to read, not what is actually there.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

"As an “A” political group we are not burdened by old party ..." - Shouldn't that be apolitical? I get the sentiment but the website looks shite and it's all
a load of hot air that appears to be dreamt up by a couple of students.
I agree but I like some of the ideas like abolish income tax and abolish fractional reserve banking.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:36 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

So why mention the Nazis? They weren't even ginger or Welsh.
No. You are reading into it what you want to read, not what is actually there.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:37 am
Mostly Harmless

I agree but I like some of the ideas like abolish income tax and abolish fractional reserve banking.
So, without getting too deep into it, what is the alternative to income tax?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:38 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not against foreign aid per se but foreign aid for birth control... There are better thing for money to be spent on.

I don't see anything wrong with this myself. Many of the developing world's problems can be directly traced back to overpopulation and unsustainably soaring birth rates.

Lending a hand with some free condoms would be a good thing, and would have the benefit of annoying the Vatican...

S
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

So why mention the Nazis? They weren't even ginger or Welsh.
Because they burnt the books. If the Ginger or Welsh did it I would've mentioned them instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.