Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Sensible Australian Election Thread

The Sensible Australian Election Thread

Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sensible Australian Election Thread

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
So 25% is a majority now is it?
It's a majority compared to Labor.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

If they were really that bothered then they should have voted Coalition first then shouldn't they?
They were obviously bothered enough to put Labor last.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Why are you unable to accept the result?
Where did I say I am unable to accept the result? I'm just arguing the point.

No need to get so worked up Dear...
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, that post got screwed somewhere, sorry about that.

I wonder if I'd be as hacked off as coalition supporters seem to be if it had gone the other way, I'd like to think not.
I have to disagree. You are such a dyed in the wool Labor supporter you'd probably have a coronary.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:59 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Where did I say I am unable to accept the result? I'm just arguing the point.

No need to get so worked up Dear...
Worked up? This is a pity argument, I'm just trying to ease you from anger to acceptance.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a majority compared to Labor.

You don't quite get how this majority thing works do you
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Worked up? This is a pity argument, I'm just trying to ease you from anger to acceptance.
Yeah, whatever you reckon.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

They were obviously bothered enough to put Labor last.
So not bothered enough then.

If you go to a restaurant and order fish, and then it comes out and you suddenly decide you want steak instead then tough. You should have ordered steak at the start
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

You don't quite get how this majority thing works do you
So are you saying that Labor got more votes than the coalition in the independents seats?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:11 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, whatever you reckon.
Seems to be working as you've started breaking out the smiley faces.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

So are you saying that Labor got more votes than the coalition in the independents seats?
No I'm saying neither of them got a majority. Obviously.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

So not bothered enough then.

If you go to a restaurant and order fish, and then it comes out and you suddenly decide you want steak instead then tough. You should have ordered steak at the start
If I go to a restaurant I expect to make a selection myself rather than appoint someone to make the decision for me.

The independents are servants to the electorate, not the electorates master. As such the independents need to do what the electorate want NOT what they think is best for their electorate. And cleary from the results, the electorate wanted them to ally with the coalition.

Windsor and Oakshott did what was in their own best interest rather than their electorates. Their actions are completely dishonourable and dismissive to their own voters. They won't be around for much longer.

The electorate spoke and Windsor and Oakshott ignored them.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Seems to be working as you've started breaking out the smiley faces.
No, I was just laughing at your post because it was... Laughable.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Windsor and Oakshott did what was in their own best interest rather than their electorates. Their actions are completely dishonourable and dismissive to their own voters. They won't be around for much longer.
If they won't be around much longer, and if you believe it's obvious they went against the will of their electorate and will be booted out asap, how was it in their own best interest? Seems to me more likely that they've sided with the side they thought the could extract the best deal from for their electorate, even if it means they'll get punished later.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
how was it in their own best interest?
Windsor himself stated on live news channels when he announced he was siding with Labor, that they choose to side with Labor because if they went with the Libs they would be at the polls earlier and lose their seats as the coalition would win. Although Oakshott was quick to distance himself from that comment.

They chose Labor in an exercise in self-preservation and not in the best interests of the electorate, of which talk was nothing more than a smokescreen.

I would post an exact quote of what he said but I can't be bothered googling it. It is widely available.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Sep 9th 2010 at 2:32 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.