Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending X ray films to oz

Sending X ray films to oz

Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of
Default Sending X ray films to oz

Hi all

Does anyone know the best way to post X ray fims over to Austrlia for imigration purposes? I was looking at couriering it but wondered what other people did? If you use a courier service like DHL was wondering if they put the envelope through X rays which would damage the film inside.
Would welcome how others have sent them and did they use same envelope the films are presented in or wrap them in brown paper or something like that. Sorry to be a nana but want to make sure they get there quickly and safely and not get lost!!!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all
Default Re: Sending X ray films to oz

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi all

Does anyone know the best way to post X ray fims over to Austrlia for imigration purposes? I was looking at couriering it but wondered what other people did? If you use a courier service like DHL was wondering if they put the envelope through X rays which would damage the film inside.
Would welcome how others have sent them and did they use same envelope the films are presented in or wrap them in brown paper or something like that. Sorry to be a nana but want to make sure they get there quickly and safely and not get lost!!!
Hi

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but your panel doctor has to send xrays off with the medicals, you can ask them to use a courier.

Hope this helps

Shelly
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:46 am
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkandShelly
Hi

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but your panel doctor has to send xrays off with the medicals, you can ask them to use a courier.

Hope this helps

Shelly
Yep i would agree, Panel Doctor and usually they use courier.
Fiona x
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandShelly
Hi

Hope this helps

Shelly
Correct! But there is no need to use anything posh unless you want to - ordinary recorded post is fine too. The panel doctor will send the things off all the time so they could advise you.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Thanks for replies. Only problem I have is that we frontloaded our mediclas(136MODL) and had medicals doen when we were over in Austrlia in August 2006. My youngest daughter was 10 then and they wouldnot do an X ray. My problem is that she is 11 on January25th so obviously will need an X ray. I have found somewhere where I can get this done but wondered how the best way to send it to DIMA .
Anyone got any further ideas???
Thanks again
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all

Thanks for replies. Only problem I have is that we frontloaded our mediclas(136MODL) and had medicals doen when we were over in Austrlia in August 2006. My youngest daughter was 10 then and they wouldnot do an X ray. My problem is that she is 11 on January25th so obviously will need an X ray. I have found somewhere where I can get this done but wondered how the best way to send it to DIMA .
Anyone got any further ideas???
Thanks again
Hi
I am slightly confused, you say that you've frontloaded your meds, but you want to know where to send X-rays, your panel doctor sends them off with your medicals as he needs to see the x-rays aswell. I am not sure but they need to be sent together by the panel doctor. As for the PCC's not too sure, but if you go to the local police station they will be able to tell you if your daughter needs to acutually be 16 to apply for a police check.

Ours took 28 days, also you can now scan them to ASPC.
We scanned ours and sent originals same day.

Hope this helps
Shelly

PS. I am pretty sure that you need to have x-rays done before meds, when I made the appointment with the panel doctor, we had to get x-rays at a different hospital he specified that we were to bring the x-rays along to the meds.

Last edited by MarkandShelly; Jan 12th 2007 at 11:38 am. Reason: forgot to add something
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi Shelley

The reason for my post is that when we had our medicals done for the family , my youngest daughter was 10 and they would not do an X ray for her despite me asking. She turns 11 at the end of the month and I am wondering if now she requires one for our application to go through. That will not be a problem but I wanted to know the best and safest way to send the films over to Australia. They will not be accompanied by medicals as these have already been done.

Thanks
Janet
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Shelley

The reason for my post is that when we had our medicals done for the family , my youngest daughter was 10 and they would not do an X ray for her despite me asking. She turns 11 at the end of the month and I am wondering if now she requires one for our application to go through. That will not be a problem but I wanted to know the best and safest way to send the films over to Australia. They will not be accompanied by medicals as these have already been done.

Thanks
Janet
Hi,

Not too sure about this one, although I am presuming that she will need one, are you using an agent they'll probably be able to tell you if not there are some agents who do read this forum and reply to the posts.

Good luck it is the waiting that is the hardest part.

Shelly
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:58 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether 11 year olds need an x-ray. But assuming you are right and they do need one: you *still* need to get the x-ray done by a panel doctor. You also need to fill in form 160 that goes with the x-ray. And, it will *still* be the panel doctor that has to send off the x-ray and the form.

Firstly, I'd suggest you find out if your daughter really needs an x-ray (read the documentation on the DIMA web site: http://www.immi.gov.au)

Then find a panel doctor near you and phone them to find out if they send the documents by courier. If not, ask if you can book a courier to come to their surgery and pick up the documents. That's what we did. We used DHL. You tell them that they will be picking up medical documents including x-rays and they pack and treat it accordingly.

Gina
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If your daughter was 10 at the time you sent in your application then she does not need to get an x-ray. However, if you choose to get one done it will need to be done by one of the radiologists on the list of approved panel doctors put out by DIMA. They will send it to Sydney. Most of them send by courier, but registered mail is also fine. Your doctor is not allowed to give the x-ray to you to send as that will invalidate it.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Depending if you need one or not for your daughter, if you can find a hospital/panel doctorwho can take digital X-rays you can then send the file by e-mail instantly
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:41 am
I am not a troll!

Location: Yorkshire to Melbourne (2007) Melbourne to Sydney (2008) Here to stay!
earlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really nice

Hi all

I am about to do a med and my employer's immigration consultants (Fragomen) are telling me to get a pre-paid courier envelope, and leave it with the radiologist, as they think that is quickest way. Only problem is, they haven't told me how to get a pre-paid courier envelope!