Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sending visa tomorrow help please

sending visa tomorrow help please

Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

ktee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant future
Default sending visa tomorrow help please

Hi there am sending off the dreaded application tomorrow and have a few last questions. Am i right in thinking i need a certified copy of the details page of my passport, i have a new passport so there are no stamped pages, so i dont need to copy them do i?
Also how did people put the application together, what order do you put all your evidence, birth certificates etc.
Any help at this last final push much appreciated, i keep thinking i dont want to get it wrong.
Anyone else at this stage.
Many thanks kate xx
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:45 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sending visa tomorrow help please

Originally Posted by ktee
Hi there am sending off the dreaded application tomorrow and have a few last questions. Am i right in thinking i need a certified copy of the details page of my passport, i have a new passport so there are no stamped pages, so i dont need to copy them do i?
Also how did people put the application together, what order do you put all your evidence, birth certificates etc.
Any help at this last final push much appreciated, i keep thinking i dont want to get it wrong.
Many thanks kate xx
ktee, you only need to copy and certify the demographic/photo page then if non of the others are stamped. Can't help with the order I'm afraid as I haven't got that far myself, but will wait for the replies as it will help me too. Best of luck with your application!
jackie x
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:59 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ktee
Many thanks kate xx
Hi Kate,

Is there not a checklist that you get from the dimia website that tells you what order everything should be in.

I know we had one and that was the order I sent all my info of in.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Print off the checklist from the DIMA website and follow it. Separate all of the sections with a little post-it flag or something similar. We also added a cover sheet with each different section. Don't forget to number your pages, bottom to top, too. After all that is done, put it all in a big bulldog clip.
Now, the waiting begins. Good luck with the application.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:08 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotnron
Print off the checklist from the DIMA website and follow it. Separate all of the sections with a little post-it flag or something similar. We also added a cover sheet with each different section. Don't forget to number your pages, bottom to top, too. After all that is done, put it all in a big bulldog clip.
Now, the waiting begins. Good luck with the application.
so page 1 is on the bottom right?

Jackie x
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I put all my bits into envelopes with the contents written on them, and interspersed them throughout the application at the appropriate page.
I think as long as you follow their order, you can't go far wrong.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
so page 1 is on the bottom right?

Jackie x
Yes