Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending Unrequested Medicals??

Sending Unrequested Medicals??

Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:32 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Default Sending Unrequested Medicals??

Hi there fellow emigratees!!

Now then, we lodged our application at the end of January 2005 and we believe that it takes 12/14 weeks for Police Checks/Medicals to be requested. Based on this fact, I have worked out that they should be requested next week!!

Have already had the police checks done - returned & clear!! And have got our medicals on Monday (18/04/05).

So, hopefully, the Police Checks/Medicals will all be sent off by the end of next week. And, hopefully, by then they may have been requested if not they are being sent off unrequested!

Question is?? If they request them next week and they land on their desk soon after - Could we expect our visas sooner rather than later

Please advise

Jayne

p.s Relatively new to all of this - What is Karma?? xx

Last edited by andy & jayne; Apr 15th 2005 at 3:41 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sending Unrequested Medicals??

This is an extract from an Email I got this morning from my Case Officer at ASPC which may be of interest:

If your visas are granted, there is an initial entry date associated with this visa. This is the date by which you and your partner must make an entry into Australia on your new visas. If you do not meet this date, your visas will be subject to cancellation. The initial entry date is determined by the validity of your police and health clearances, which generally remain valid for one year only. The earliest date of expiry determines the initial entry date. Your initial entry date, should your visas be granted, would be 5 October 2005, based on your UK police clearance. If you do not feel that you would be able to make this date, you could arrange new UK police clearances. Then your initial entry date would be based on your health assessment, which would probably be dated in April 2006 (This is assuming they are all clear. If there is a health undertaking, health assessments are only valid for 6 months).

If you intend to apply for a new UK police clearance, you must notify me immediately. Once your visas are granted, the initial entry date cannot be changed.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:07 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Sending Unrequested Medicals??

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Hi there fellow emigratees!!

Now then, we lodged our application at the end of January 2005 and we believe that it takes 12/14 weeks for Police Checks/Medicals to be requested. Based on this fact, I have worked out that they should be requested next week!!

Have already had the police checks done - returned & clear!! And have got our medicals on Monday (18/04/05).

So, hopefully, the Police Checks/Medicals will all be sent off by the end of next week. And, hopefully, by then they may have been requested if not they are being sent off unrequested!

Question is?? If they request them next week and they land on their desk soon after - Could we expect our visas sooner rather than later

Please advise

Jayne

p.s Relatively new to all of this - What is Karma?? xx
I saw a post from someone who got their visa TWO WEEKS after the medicals were received, but it's not an exact science. Shouldn't be long though. Good luck.