Reload this Page >

sending stuff to london still ?

sending stuff to london still ?

Old Oct 15th 2002, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sending stuff to london still ?

Hi,

I'm sending off fresh Police checks (still clean thank goodness!) 'cus the previous ones are a year old soon.

I'm sending them to london in the hope they get to my file before they ship them to adelaide.

Is this the right thing to do?

Any comments before I walk in the rain to the post office...

Mash....
Old Oct 15th 2002, 9:42 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sending stuff to london still ?

Originally posted by mashiraz:
I'm sending off fresh Police checks (still clean thank goodness!) 'cus the previous ones are a year old soon.

I'm sending them to london in the hope they get to my file before they ship them to adelaide.
Just a thought - why don't you wait till London asks you for your police checks?

Peter
Old Oct 15th 2002, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Radical idea. Hmmmmmmm, let me think....I've waited long enough already........

Mash

Originally posted by ptlabs:

Just a thought - why don't you wait till London asks you for your police checks?

Peter
Old Oct 15th 2002, 10:28 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Radical idea. Hmmmmmmm, let me think....I've waited long enough already........
Radical indeed

As you've pointed out, you have waited this long. And since your guess is as good as anyone's as to whether your application will be shipped to Adelaide anytime soon, whether London has even touched your application of late, etc..., you don't want to add yet a few more uncertainties to your list:

1) Has London received my police certs and did they put them together with my application?

2) Did my police certs get transferred to Adelaide with my application, or did it get left behind in the big move?

3) What if my application is already on its way to Adelaide and my police cert just arrived in London?

Just to name three possible questions...

Peter
Old Oct 15th 2002, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash

Our medicals went to London last week, presumably special delivery from our 'agents' (i use that term loosely). I am still doing things via London until someone tells me otherwise. Just make sure you get one they have to sign for and put your case number on the front.

Ciao

Nicky
Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey, I'm quite happy to get police certificates again if any of those scenarios were to happen, however if they do receive them, put them with file, give me my visa - it's a risk worth taking. Medicals however would be a different story!

If they can't take the time and trouble to write out quickly to 1200 enthusiastic families, this is the pressure and uncertainty they put us under.

Mash...

PS - Sent them registered with file number on front.

Originally posted by ptlabs:

Radical indeed

As you've pointed out, you have waited this long. And since your guess is as good as anyone's as to whether your application will be shipped to Adelaide anytime soon, whether London has even touched your application of late, etc..., you don't want to add yet a few more uncertainties to your list:

1) Has London received my police certs and did they put them together with my application?

2) Did my police certs get transferred to Adelaide with my application, or did it get left behind in the big move?

3) What if my application is already on its way to Adelaide and my police cert just arrived in London?

Just to name three possible questions...

Peter
Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Is this the right thing to do?

Any comments before I walk in the rain to the post office...

Mash....
Hi Mash
Did You send Your medicals in also when You applied? We are going to have our medicals on Friday and when the results arrive We will find out hopefully whether to send them to Aus House or Adelaide...(our agent said it would be o.k.We was not asked for them.) Who knows like you say they may pick them up and grant us our visas!! Here is hoping....
We applied in August so not far ahead of You.

Thanks Sharon xx
Old Oct 15th 2002, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe we could slip a wee cheque just inside the envelope for the 'lovely staff at the High Commission'!!!

Here's dreaming- just spoke to sis in Perth and it's been a lovely 22 degrees today, she says there's loads of jobs in the papers and they are having a ball.

Watch our Perth....
Old Oct 15th 2002, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Sorry sharon.....

We sent medicals off last December with original police checks thinking if we front loaded, wouldn't that make it easy for them to pick up the file and say. Oooooh this ones ok!

We've been told validity of medicals would be extended to 2 years, but police checks need to be current. We're not going to do medicals again until and if requested, due to the expense (and hassle).

I would ring them about where to send the medicals. i think it's a valid question given their situation. Try not to ask the irritated lady, the man is much more helpful, if brief and to the point.

I did think of sending them a box of chocolates, much more tactful than money which they would have to refuse and declare.

Good luck.
Mash...

Originally posted by hollywood110:

Hi Mash
Did You send Your medicals in also when You applied? We are going to have our medicals on Friday and when the results arrive We will find out hopefully whether to send them to Aus House or Adelaide...(our agent said it would be o.k.We was not asked for them.) Who knows like you say they may pick them up and grant us our visas!! Here is hoping....
We applied in August so not far ahead of You.

Thanks Sharon xx