Reload this Page >

Sending replacement debit cards OS

Sending replacement debit cards OS

Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:46 am
Just Joined

tofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending replacement debit cards OS

Hi all,
I have been back in Australia for a couple of years and hold an active Barclays account (which has both incomings and outgoings). I need the debit card to access my account using the PINsentry reader, but it expires at the end of 2013.
I would like to know if Barclays sends replacement cards to Australia (my registered address), or do I have to go there in person for security reasons? It's a lot of money on airfares just to collect a card! And would it even be possible to remotely authorise a UK friend to collect the card in a branch for me?
(Sorry if this has been covered before but I can only find one instance of someone in SA not being able to receive the card.)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

tofu
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:05 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending replacement debit cards OS

My son lives in remote WA and twice I have had to send him a replacement Lloyds TSB debit card. I have power of his account here
Both times I sent them by ordinary post from here in the UK and both times they arrived quickly and safely.
I must admit that the first time I did it I didn't expect it to arrive but it did, so when I had to do it again I had no problem with it.
I'm not sure it the banks send cards out to Australia (don't see why not though), but it's worth asking them. But otherwise just get someone to send it out to you.

Last edited by Juliecabs; Jan 8th 2013 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Gill73 is an unknown quantity at this point

We banked with Royal Bank of Scotland while we lived in the UK and kept our account open while we lived in WA for over 2 years.

We had to fill in a Change of Address Form with RBS to show our WA address and when our debit cards expired, new cards were sent to us in WA. RBS staff advised that they have lots of people who move to various countries but keep their UK bank accounts open and that it's perfectly acceptable.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I probably be keeping one credit card and one bank card open when i make the move and close anything else,anyone know if nationwide send cards to oz and what about virgin.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
I probably be keeping one credit card and one bank card open when i make the move and close anything else,anyone know if nationwide send cards to oz and what about virgin.

Nationwide send both debit and credit cards to Australia.We have been here 6 years and have both sent to us.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Barclay account and receive my replacement cards in the mail no problem x
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
My son lives in remote WA and twice I have had to send him a replacement Lloyds TSB debit card. I have power of his account here
Both times I sent them by ordinary post from here in the UK and both times they arrived quickly and safely.
I must admit that the first time I did it I didn't expect it to arrive but it did, so when I had to do it again I had no problem with it.
I'm not sure it the banks send cards out to Australia (don't see why not though), but it's worth asking them. But otherwise just get someone to send it out to you.
LLoyds have been sending me replacement cards directly here since 2003
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

The Co-op sent me my card for decades (since the inception of cards I think)

I am more concerned about whether my Australian banks will send me cards to UK! I suspect they wont because I always have to go to the bank to collect them!!!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
I have a Barclay account and receive my replacement cards in the mail no problem x
Me too! Got a replacement one last week.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 2:28 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
LLoyds have been sending me replacement cards directly here since 2003
The crazy thing is Polly, Mark (my son) lost his Commonwealth Bank card. He phoned for a replacement and they said that he has to pick it up in person.
He told them that he lives in Newman WA, 500km from the nearest branch but they still insisted he picks it up in person. Work that one out!!!
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:32 am
Just Joined

tofu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like I should be receiving a replacement card in the mail. If not, hopefully I can arrange for someone to pick it up somehow.
(I have some friends from UK visiting me and they are amazed at the amount of regulation required for everyday tasks, so I am not surprised if Oz banks won't send to UK!)